Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

oh look it's a whole industry ostensibly worth billions and billions of dollars summed up in 2 sentence fragments

hey now those are both completely sentences if you ignore punctuation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Chris Knight posted:

"this is a windows system. I know this!"

johnny mnemonic but about brands

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

infernal machines posted:

co365s: apparently if you file a ticket for an operational bug in exchange online that they don't know how to fix, they'll just never assign an engineer to your case, presumably to help their metrics

follow up: after the third full day of no one being assigned and my fourth call in, they finally connected me to a "support ambassador" who told me to file another ticket. i did, and in a scant four hours i received not one but two support engineer calls at the same time.

unfortunately, i picked the wrong one, and he spent the following two hours trying to break my exchange install with invalid powershell commands and blind guesswork. after which he gave up and conceded that he would in fact have to escalate this to the backend team like i said in the first 5 minutes after showing the logs that very explicitly demonstrated that their service wasn't provisioning itself properly.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol I love dealing with ms support tickets. they're so paranoid about metrics that if you don't respond within 8 hours they close it out on you and their prime followup time seems to always be friday 4:30pm est

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there are two other cases about this exact issue on the technet forums and both just trail off after the OP replies that they've opened a ticket and the engineers have acknowledged it's an internal issue

i figure they don't have a fix and they may or may not be able to hack around it in individual cases, so they just prefer to avoid acknowledging it all if possible

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

wishin i was a support ambassador

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

theadder posted:

you can be the support charge d'affaires

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

theadder posted:

*completely fucks up your o365 install*

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

carry on then posted:

you can be the support exchange d'affaires

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Cold on a Cob posted:

*completely fucks up your o365 install*

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
microsofts new chome browser is out i guess

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

graph posted:

finally, edge is good. thanks shagger!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

wow, the edge store is full of garbage already

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

graph posted:

is it possible to download if you don't have it offered through windows update?

everything i saw this morning just directed you to the pre-release build

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Strangely hard to find, took me some work too:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes, that was not there this morning, when i last looked. instead it redirected you to the microsoft insider pre-release download

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it says it supports 4k netflix, like the previous version did but it doesn't appear to so far

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

what 4k content are you going to watch

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

idk, their knock off planet earth show or something.

the point is it's supposed to support it and seemingly doesn't

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Do you have the HEVC Video Extension installed? Might be a requirement (well, used to be for old Edge) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer/9n4wgh0z6vhq?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

graph posted:

and for mac

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bulgakov posted:

and for mac

wtf microsoft making a google browser for apple

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the chrome youve come to know and love, except now you send all your data to microsoft instead of google

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

pram posted:

the chrome youve come to know and love, except now you send all your data to microsoft instead of google
hey now be fair

it probably also goes to google

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
jfc we just got some new office update at work and it sucks donkey balls

everything in outlook is now an undifferentiated block of white, no separator lines or colours, the subject field for emails doesn't even look like you can type in it, nothing is aligned

gg michaelsoft, your gui just keeps getting worse with every update. oh but i can play gifs in email now

pram
Jun 10, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

hey now be fair

it probably also goes to google

lol

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Krankenstyle posted:

wtf microsoft making a google browser for apple

makes me think that period a bit ago when “wow this video of steve Jorge’s introducing internet explorer for mac is amazing!” was trending on the twitter or whatever was nothing but astroturfing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bulgakov posted:

makes me think that period a bit ago when “wow this video of steve Jorge’s introducing internet explorer for mac is amazing!” was trending on the twitter or whatever was nothing but astroturfing

im steve jorge

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
It was also 100% uninteresting. "Oh yeah, IE for Mac had pinstripes early, and Steve Jerbs yelled a whole lot". What a great read that was!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Lambert posted:

Do you have the HEVC Video Extension installed? Might be a requirement (well, used to be for old Edge) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer/9n4wgh0z6vhq?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

i do! and yeah, it did work under edge previously, it just seems it doesn't now. everything says it's supported, but the only change on my system is the chromium based edge, so i'm skeptical

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

idk, "we accidentally developed aqua completely independently of apple" was kinda funny. so was the "we created a 100% standards complaint rendering engine, it was only ever used in this one product that no one cared about or ever saw"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

i do! and yeah, it did work under edge previously, it just seems it doesn't now. everything says it's supported, but the only change on my system is the chromium based edge, so i'm skeptical

Netflix probably doesn't support edge chomium yet.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:shrug: i guess so.

everything i've read said it was supported in the beta, but i didn't try that. no idea why it wouldn't be now

maybe i'll just fake the user agent string and see what happens.

unrelated, it is hilarious how much faster and more reliably this renders the office 365 admin panels than edge did.

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

pram posted:

yeah there's really no excuse for using chrome now that edgium is available

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lambert posted:

It was also 100% uninteresting. "Oh yeah, IE for Mac had pinstripes early, and Steve Jerbs yelled a whole lot". What a great read that was!

don’t pre-sign your posts

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
does ctrl-tab work correctly in edgium?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol teams and the f5 VPN client on osx activate the discrete gpu and is why my battery life was so poo poo gently caress you microsoft

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
op here is the real question that nobody is.asking about the microsoft chome:

will it run the future of gaming - Goodle Stadia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

op here is the real question that nobody is.asking about the microsoft chome:

will it run the future of gaming - Goodle Stadia?

no. because google fingerprints it and tells you it is incompatible.