Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is the new Smash character the first trans character for the franchise? That's cool.

Also I got Sundered because it was $7 on eShop and yes, yes this is the fuckin stuff I been lookin for. Butter smooth movement, violence, heavy metal lookin artwork

Whoever rec'd this, please step forward and claim your smooch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It was me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cavauro posted:

It was me.

PREPARE TO BE SMOOTCHED

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You can get Horace for free on Epic Store today. I picked up Sundered for free there last week. I've gotten like 10 free games from Epic store since the last month.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this here Horace is supposed to be the best platformer of the year even though i've never heard of it. Well it turns out the rest of the best platformers of the year are re-releases, a build-your-own-platformer, a metroidvania rpg and everything else kind-of-a-platformer, and that 2d yooka laylee that's supposed to be better than the 3d one. it's a down year, horace. don't gently caress around

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

president impeached, drink your fave

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
lol everyone thought the next Smash character would be an insanely awesome surprise because it was under super lock and key

turns out, it was under super lock and key because Sakurai loves Fire Emblem and didn't want to hear any of our poo poo about it. i love him. i love smash. long live.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

President Impeached So What

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I should play Super Smash Emblem some more.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
impeach fire emblem

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

im gonna impaeach my wife

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

On the one hand I feel bad for Fire Emblem fans because Smash fans are nasty rude motherfuckers to them. On the other hand gently caress Fire Emblem please stop putting them into the game there's like 12 of them now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and you still can't play as Waluigi, which I'm told is far more important than the tactical RPG series not named Orge Batle.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Marth and
Red Marth and
Lady Marth and
Ike and
Ike Marth and
Book Wizard and
the Dragon Guy and
this clown

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

is the new Smash character the first trans character for the franchise? That's cool.

Also I got Sundered because it was $7 on eShop and yes, yes this is the fuckin stuff I been lookin for. Butter smooth movement, violence, heavy metal lookin artwork

Whoever rec'd this, please step forward and claim your smooch.

It's free on the Epic Games Store btw.

And yeah I posted about it. Kiss me big boy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mekchu posted:

It's free on the Epic Games Store btw.

And yeah I posted about it. Kiss me big boy.

SMOOCHY BOOCHIES

there isn't an epic game store for the switch and I don't do gaming on PCs anymore.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Personally I think Smash should be Fire Emblem characters only

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'm more weirded out by Cuphead being a Mii Fighter costume instead of a full character considering how much work they put into it

Hopefully they'll have some more interesting choices for the next set of characters though

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mii fighter means the character is below all the other ones in importance. that's how they decide it

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Byleth rules and is from a good Fire Emblem but they have too many Fire Emblem characters so I suggest removing Corrin, who sucks and is from a bad Fire Emblem.

The preponderance of Fire Emblem characters is almost certainly because they're well suited for a fighting game so I expect to see one for every single mainline game released from here on.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i have never played a fire emblem game

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I have no idea what fire emblem is

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TTBF posted:

Byleth rules and is from a good Fire Emblem but they have too many Fire Emblem characters so I suggest removing Corrin, who sucks and is from a bad Fire Emblem.

The preponderance of Fire Emblem characters is almost certainly because they're well suited for a fighting game so I expect to see one for every single mainline game released from here on.

What stinks is that Corrin is at least one of the 2 actual unique Fire Emblem characters now with Byleth. I just see people talking up all the cooler supporting characters from these games that they want in, or even an antagonist and them getting Faceless Avatar character is disappointing. The only other Faceless Player Avatar characters I would be okay seeing is a different pokemon trainer

Seams posted:

Dynasty Warriors but its chess

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
here are my top picks for the next six Smash Bros dlc characters

6. Kid Dracula from Kid Dracula and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, among others
5. Tony Hawk from his self-titled game series
4. Mike Tyson from his Punch-Out
3. Sir Cucumber from Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
2. The Prince from Katamari
1. Cooking Mama from her self-titled game

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i have read romance of the three kingdoms

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

What stinks is that Corrin is at least one of the 2 actual unique Fire Emblem characters now with Byleth. I just see people talking up all the cooler supporting characters from these games that they want in, or even an antagonist and them getting Faceless Avatar character is disappointing. The only other Faceless Player Avatar characters I would be okay seeing is a different pokemon trainer

As both a character in Fire Emblem and a character in Smash, Robin rules. I love my zoning queen. But yeah, as much as I love Byleth I'd rather have Edelgard.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its been forever but I remember I made a fighter mii that had a sweet suplex move I loved to bounce pass people off the stage with. The funniest is when you smash a dude one and some else dunks on them in midflight. I just like it when people bounce, it pleases me. Also bring back the long distance smash minigame. I used to beat the bejeezus out of that bag in the Wii version(or was it the GC...sweetfuck there's been a lot of smashes).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I just realized there's an entire generation out there raised on smash bros games and I'm not sure what this means just yet.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m like 90% sure they patched in the home run contest in the new one

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

coconono posted:

I just realized there's an entire generation out there raised on smash bros games and I'm not sure what this means just yet.

got N64 Smash for my sixth birthday whats up

WatermelonGun posted:

i’m like 90% sure they patched in the home run contest in the new one

you're right!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Seams posted:

Strong against grass emblem, weak against water emblem

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

TTBF posted:

As both a character in Fire Emblem and a character in Smash, Robin rules. I love my zoning queen. But yeah, as much as I love Byleth I'd rather have Edelgard.
I tried to pick up Robin because I love her kit in theory... couldn't do it. I don't know why, just couldn't get any timing down and couldn't handle her kill options. She's slid down to my fourth character since Terry came around.

:allears: Terry Bogard :allears:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i got introduced to Firefly and liked the pilot. i wasnt aware of its fate.

:sigh:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
the Smash thread is pure salt and it's delicious. gamers are truly the worst people on the planet, including Cavauro

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The next Smash Brothers dlc fighters should be every character from Fire Emblem Three Houses starting with Alois

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't get what they're so salty about. We don't have Alm, Sigurd, Leif, or Eliwood yet.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ChrisBTY posted:

I don't get what they're so salty about. We don't have Alm, Sigurd, Leif, or Eliwood yet.

I imagine it comes down to Fire Emblem honestly being over represented in the game, I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure it has the most characters of any franchise in the game(since for some weird reason Smash counts Yoshi, Wario, and the Donkey Kong characters as all being separate from the Mario franchise), so a lot of people feel that a large chunk of the slots that Fire Emblem characters occupy could have been given to more interesting characters from other franchises(especially for characters that are stuck as either Assist Trophies or Mii Fighter costumes), especially when it comes to characters one has to pay for

Though I do agree that a lot of people are going a bit too hard in complaining about it

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i got introduced to Firefly and liked the pilot. i wasnt aware of its fate.

:sigh:

The two meanest things you can do to someone - give them the "first season" of Firefly or give them all the seasons of Farscape and don't tell them about the Peacekeeper Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

coconono posted: