Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay what the Hell is next

The definitely an ending, but it's obviously not the ending. What else is left to resolve? The Good Place itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wait hold on what

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
So now we find out the Good Place is actually really lame since it's full of those Good Place Committee people?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Well I imagine that it's also pretty lame due to probably not being updated in 500 years.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Well I imagine that it's also pretty lame due to probably not being updated in 500 years.

OH NO JASON MENDOZA HAS BEEN UNLEASHED ON THE GOOD PLACE

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just think of it as flattening the penis of their soul.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Pinwiz11 posted:

OH NO JASON MENDOZA HAS BEEN UNLEASHED ON THE GOOD PLACE

Forget celestial harmonies, there is gonna be some reformation into one big Bud Hole coming right up.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I don't see the judge letting them not go through. They're being tested.

This speculation, though? Classic us.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Had to back up and turn on subtitles to figure out that Jason yells "FOLES" on the way out.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
He yells "FOLES!' at the end in the hot air baloon!? I thought it was 'FOUR!'

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I've never said this before but... wha?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pretty good episode, though most of the good parts were basically the non Chidileanor parts. Vicki has gone from annoying to amazing in just one episode.

I wonder how Glenn is doing.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
That was a pleasant episode. Vicki is so drat hot for a non-lava demon. Can't wait to see the good place.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING :cry:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I hope they mention Mindy St Clare gets to go through the new process. I imagine her challenge will be NOT to do cocaine.

Surely there will be a new issue next episode?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Andrew_1985 posted:

I hope they mention Mindy St Clare gets to go through the new process. I imagine her challenge will be NOT to do cocaine.

Such a shame that after all that time as the best human she'd end up in the Bad Place :(

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Former Human posted:

I've never said this before but... wha?

"Once on Earth, I didn't know the answer to something and had to ask Alexa. It felt...dirty." was a great line Janet joke too. That aside, I'm kind of surprised someone in the Jason, Chidi and Eleanor group didn't point out that just because they're in love now doesn't mean they have to be in love for eternity. That soulmates was just a concept Michael presented to torture them, and they don't actually have to be together forever; that if their feelings eventually change, they can deal with it move on if that times comes. I realize the show would probably want to go for a soulmates now and forever thing regardless, but you'd think someone would at least think about that possibility.

tsob fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 17, 2020

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mr. Powers posted:

I don't see the judge letting them not go through. They're being tested.

This speculation, though? Classic us.

Michael makes an odd expression as they're getting in the balloon. He's definitely involved in something here.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's being tested in some way too.

I absolutely loved this episode as the finals to Vicky's arc. It was sweet and made perfect sense for her character.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mokinokaro posted:

Michael makes an odd expression as they're getting in the balloon. He's definitely involved in something here.

I absolutely loved this episode as the finals to Vicky's arc. It was sweet and made perfect sense for her character.

Yeah, she always struck me as a being who strived for a higher purpose. She'd turn her back on butthole spiders and penis flatteners forever if it meant she got to reshape the entire afterlife.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Argue, season 2 TGP thread posted:

I just want some of the Bad Place denizens like Vicki to end up being actual friends with the gang; I figured Michael and Vicki would have had great futures writing and acting in Hollywood.

I was close!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Mondays, am I right? *CHAINSAW NOISES*

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The art department made a bunch of Vicki posters and they are so good. Some behind the scenes photos from Tiya Sircar:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7aY3oEBB_Z/?igshid=10tw48skky2u2

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This seems to be wrapping up nicely. I'm also unreasonably pleased to see people still repping a tag in 2020. BoT was a decade ago!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think they're being tested, I think it's finally time to see what the actual good place is like and perhaps discover some inherent problems there to create conflict for the last 3 episodes.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I could fully see the Good Place being a huge disappointment in some way. It might come down to simply being a meaningless existence for Team Cockroach after everything they've done.

EDIT: \/ that's what I mean. It's kind of a part of human nature to find joy in overcoming a challenge. A life without any challenge would be boring for most of us.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 17, 2020

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think they're being tested, I think it's finally time to see what the actual good place is like and perhaps discover some inherent problems there to create conflict for the last 3 episodes.

I don't think they're being tested, because what would testing prove? Especially to the audience, who already know the result because that's what the show has been doing for some time.

Mokinokaro posted:

I could fully see the Good Place being a huge disappointment in some way. It might come down to simply being a meaningless existence for Team Cockroach after everything they've done.

I don't know about meaningless, but I could see all of them finding it boring. Something that's kind of being built up with Michael, given all the talk of him pushing rocks as the reason for his existence and how he defines himself. If the Good Place is just instant gratification with no conflict of any kind, there's no rock to push. Michael might find a new rock to push in trying to update the Good Place. Vicki is the new architect of the Bad Place, which has a purpose with a limited lifespan for it's residents, so maybe Michael will be the new architect of the Good Place and the conflict will be trying to find something for the residents to do with eternity beyond satisfy their own whims. Given what pushovers the Good Place committee are I could also see the Good Place being an actual shithole because all the bored residents have spent countless Jeremy Bearimess finding new ways to amuse themselves as a way to avoid boredom and have slipped in to depravity due to decadence.

tsob fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 17, 2020

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Tiya Sircar is insanely attractive. Holy mother forking shirtballs.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I was impressed by the height of the swoop in her hair when she first showed up!

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

angerbeet posted:

This seems to be wrapping up nicely. I'm also unreasonably pleased to see people still repping a tag in 2020. BoT was a decade ago!

I haven't in a year or two, but every so often I go back and rewatch it because it is so drat good. Too bad they're all in the bad place now.

E: do you hear the Viridian Dynamics music now? If not, I bet you do now.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: \/ that's what I mean. It's kind of a part of human nature to find joy in overcoming a challenge. A life without any challenge would be boring for most of us.

Yeah, I can imagine that the poorly conceived Micheal-is-jealous-of-Vicki plot is just a setup for the idea that these guys are going to hate endless light entertainment. A vacation from work is fun, but what's the point of existing if the molotov cocktails you throw won't explode?

I kind of like the idea that, ok, they fixed the bad place! Now it's time to fix the *good place*.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I definitely didn't expect Vicki to have a complete arc and happy ending, but it's very cool that it happened.

Oh and it's always great to see Carl Tart pop up in anything.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 17, 2020

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Statsky and Carden on the podcast is a reliably good time, and this week's went completely off the rails. The Kristem Beam running joke killed me.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

ashpanash posted:

Yeah, I can imagine that the poorly conceived Micheal-is-jealous-of-Vicki plot is just a setup for the idea that these guys are going to hate endless light entertainment. A vacation from work is fun, but what's the point of existing if the molotov cocktails you throw won't explode?

I kind of like the idea that, ok, they fixed the bad place! Now it's time to fix the *good place*.

I could see that being where they end up in an "and the adventures continue" type of ending. Worth noting that no humans have gotten into the Good Place in something like 500 years, so there's definitely going to be aspects of it that don't really fit their needs since no one there has dealt with new humans in so long. Then again, Jeremy Bearimy and all that might not really be a factor.

Good Place people being complete pushovers might actually help people who live there. If the Molotovs aren't blowing up, tell one of them you want it to and you should get what you want. I'm interested to see what conflicts could arise when the force that would normally resist your arguments instead always immediately caves to your point of view.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Shipping off the effective members of the good team, to be replaced presumably by the useleaa good place management team,before anyone has actually passed the test seems like are restart of the same situation we started with. With the demons now being more subtle and effective.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mokinokaro posted:

When the balloon showed up I thought for sure Michael was going to shut the door to the balloon once the cockroaches got in because he knew he couldn't go and the balloon would lift off before they realized what was happening and they have to try and find a way to go back for him.

I still get a vibe something really heartbreaking is going to happen.

Mordiceius posted:

Tiya Sircar is insanely attractive. Holy mother forking shirtballs.

She is crazy hot. And if that was the end of her story arc and the rest is the gang being in the Good Place it was a perfect send-off.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

It seems like it's been a very long time since there has been a full episode without something completely bonkers happening. It makes me suspicious. I am curious if Vicki will hold up her end of the deal. I'm also curious what the gang is going to find once they finally get to the Good Place.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I feel really :unsmith: about Vicki getting a happy ending and still in absolute bits at that ending

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

It seems like it's been a very long time since there has been a full episode without something completely bonkers happening. It makes me suspicious. I am curious if Vicki will hold up her end of the deal.

With two episodes left I find it hard to imagine they have time for some evil double cross. It was also a really well done end to Vicki’s arc

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The photos for Vicki's classes are :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
There's also no real reason for Vicki to do anything. She's basically top dog in the Bad Place, as well as getting to do all the acting she wants. Why would she kick up a fuss, when it's endanger her own happiness? More to the point, what does this mean for Shawn?