Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue On Blue posted:

Correction, the game has a SAM truck. The tonk was never seen from again after being sold :)

Also did they ever fix the sam truck, or do the missles still fly out from it and just skitter around the air before exploding randomly ?

As i understand there has been an improvement. The missiles fly straight now, just not to the target, but to a random spot on the horizon. Then the target blows up.

The funny thing here is it means there is a disconnect between the missile and the damaging element. Like they calculate whether the target should take damage or not regardless of where the missile actually ends up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

The funny thing here is it means there is a disconnect between the missile and the damaging element. Like they calculate whether the target should take damage or not regardless of where the missile actually ends up.

Oh my god, they made Eve: Online ;)

Seriously, when I saw that gif/video, I had to think of Eve, where the beams and bullets and rockets and whatever are simply effects while the server rolls some dice in the background.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Missiles in Eve are actual objects and you can destroy them with AoE weaponry even. :colbert:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Antigravitas posted:

Missiles in Eve are actual objects and you can destroy them with AoE weaponry even. :colbert:

Okay, then anything but missiles (I mostly played Gallente, I think I never fired a missile in Eve in my life)

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Antigravitas posted:

A design decision they probably deeply regret as it increases the amount of objects to keep track of so much. I believe they did go from 'launch 8 missiles' to 'launch an object representing 8 missiles' already.

Deciding to resolve the result of a missile attack immediately on launch and just play a canned graphics effect to show its flight would not be a bad idea. But I'm sure fidelity demands a finely detailed missile with moving control surfaces, a fuel usage system and thrust calculations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

As i understand there has been an improvement. The missiles fly straight now, just not to the target, but to a random spot on the horizon. Then the target blows up.

#Physicalization #Fidelity

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Sabreseven posted:

So now we await the 'fizzle reel'.

The road to retirement 2.0.

Did someone say Sizzle Reel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5PRMQ807Y

May have mentioned it before, drat loved that game made by my favourite dev's, Westwood Studios.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Pixelate posted:

See how they honour pgabz!

Is no ini file sacred?

It really is a Quarter of a Billion Garrys Mod.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

CeeJee posted:

A design decision they probably deeply regret as it increases the amount of objects to keep track of so much. I believe they did go from 'launch 8 missiles' to 'launch an object representing 8 missiles' already.

Missiles are coalesced into one big missile if you fire a volley in the same tick, iirc. And yes, CCP made the same mistake multiple times with weapon systems that created too many interactable objects. See also: drones, with some ships able to launch 25 of them in the past. And mines. Remember mines? Oh god the mines…

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Medical gameplay is in!

890 MEDBAY FREEZES CHARACTERS TOGETHER WHEN YOU BOTH SPAWN AT THE SAME TIME

quote:

EXPECTED RESULT

Each player should be able to spawn back to the medbay without characters merging and getting stuck

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:reddit: Impossible! According to this subreddit, delays are a 100% sign of mismanagement!
:monocle: 1 delay is not, 47 delays start to be a sign of mismanagement.

:reddit: Some of us pledged for the game they promised to release in 2014, not for the dream to be released in what, 4 or 5 years from now? Since I am a patient man I do not care, I just stopped following the development, I will get back whenever it is ready.
:shepspends: They polled us to ask if we wanted them to keep going. And we voted overwhelmingly yes. Anyone who's actually mad about it, especially still mad about it, should have refunded. That original vision was murdered and replaced with something "bigger" the same year it was born.
:reddit: Wasn't the entire refund system an entire convoluted mess involving charges backs for a long time?
:shepspends: Probably. I didn't really pay attention to it because my excitement only grew with the project. That being said, if I'd been as mad as some of those posters seemed to be, I wouldn't hesitate to initiate a chargeback.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Glad to see CIG thought this one out as usual.

Within minutes a reddit poster wondered what would happen in this scenario. CIG's vaunted QA department apparently never thought of it.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

come on man these things take time... early days...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

<3

I tried to get kayak to do that when he was little but he ummmm absolutely hates roombas

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Quavers posted:

:shepspends: Probably. I didn't really pay attention to it because my excitement only grew with the project. That being said, if I'd been as mad as some of those posters seemed to be, I wouldn't hesitate to initiate a chargeback.

Uh oh, now citizens are promoting bank fraud? I thought that was our job!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

<3

I tried to get kayak to do that when he was little but he ummmm absolutely hates roombas

Maybe he'll like them more now that he's grown up and you just need to find a bigger roomba. With all the nothing happening in SC land, this is the best we can all hope for.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
What's the opposite of CI-G?

This could be it..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocMg0CBGRc4

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
PoC and women, in my development studio?!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
also I'm pretty sure I spotted some former CIG devs in that lol

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Antigravitas posted:

Missiles are coalesced into one big missile if you fire a volley in the same tick, iirc. And yes, CCP made the same mistake multiple times with weapon systems that created too many interactable objects. See also: drones, with some ships able to launch 25 of them in the past. And mines. Remember mines? Oh god the mines…

Anti-missile launchers that required timing, too. To be fair the Navy Vexor was like rocking horse poop. Dual MWD Disco-phoons...<goes misty>

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Every time this guy wakes up he’s in the same ship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fWx3WdLzZQ

It’s not his ship, and it’s embedded in a wall. But I think we can agree this is progress.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wasn't there a Resident Evil that went like this? Further proof that they are actually developing a horror game.

e: ah, I think it was a Silent Hill.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

Star Citizen 2 confirmed

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dooguk posted:

Star Citizen 2 confirmed

Star Citizen 2: Electric Scam-a-roo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rugganovich posted:

Did someone say Sizzle Reel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5PRMQ807Y

May have mentioned it before, drat loved that game made by my favourite dev's, Westwood Studios.

I played the poo poo out of the beta for this game.

Having space be a 2d plane is kinda lame but Earth & Beyond had some cool stuff going for it, I liked the aesthetic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

tuo posted:

Wasn't there a Resident Evil that went like this? Further proof that they are actually developing a horror game.

e: ah, I think it was a Silent Hill.

SH4: The Room is probably what you're thinking of. Which funny enough was actually not really a silent hill game but more its own original horror title that got SH license slapped on for marketing reasons, kinda doki doki panic situation.

(I guess I should be like "WRONG IT WAS SILENT HILL" ;) )

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dooguk posted:

What's the opposite of CI-G?

This could be it..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocMg0CBGRc4

Heh, there was a fraction of a second showing them doing mocap.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheAgent posted:

Can't be, nobody said they were a senior dev while going through puberty.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Quavers posted:

:reddit: Impossible! According to this subreddit, delays are a 100% sign of mismanagement!
:monocle: 1 delay is not, 47 delays start to be a sign of mismanagement.

:reddit: Some of us pledged for the game they promised to release in 2014, not for the dream to be released in what, 4 or 5 years from now? Since I am a patient man I do not care, I just stopped following the development, I will get back whenever it is ready.
:shepspends: They polled us to ask if we wanted them to keep going. And we voted overwhelmingly yes. Anyone who's actually mad about it, especially still mad about it, should have refunded. That original vision was murdered and replaced with something "bigger" the same year it was born.
:reddit: Wasn't the entire refund system an entire convoluted mess involving charges backs for a long time?

Hi it's me. The guy who started the whole Chargeback controversy

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Agony Aunt posted:

Heh, there was a fraction of a second showing them doing mocap.

Looked like they were playing at tourists at a theme park or a zoo, but not in space.

Pull your finger out David Braben OBE!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Pixelate posted:

Every time this guy wakes up he’s in the same ship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fWx3WdLzZQ

It’s not his ship, and it’s embedded in a wall. But I think we can agree this is progress.

PT sequel looking good.

e: beaten to the joke

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Reminder that the SAM truck has a range of 2km which is absolutely hilarious.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Fidelitious posted:

Reminder that the SAM truck has a range of 2km which is absolutely hilarious.

The service ceiling of a Fokker E.I:

is 3 km. If they sent that SAM truck back in time, it could not have stopped the Fokker Scourge of 1915

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

does anyone have that gif of Christ Roberts changing a line of code and then blue screening the computer

I need it

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Asmodai_00 posted:

does anyone have that gif of Christ Roberts changing a line of code and then blue screening the computer

I need it

No. But I do have this:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Roberts, please embrace Stadia.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Tippis posted:

No. But I do have this:

:nice:

After a bunch of digging I found the gif I was looking for: