Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

IUG posted:

When had that first floor bathroom ever shown up? Also the basement stairs always move around. Sometimes they're in the foyer, other times they're next to the kitchen.
idk if we ever actually saw it but wasn't it Lionel Hutz's escape route in the treehouse of horror where Homer sells his soul?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Didn't grandpa pay the deposit by selling the house he built won on a crooked '50s game show?

And then they shipped him off to the old folks home three weeks later.

The whole Simpsons concept makes sense only considering Homer and Marge are meant to be boomers.

That said, Homer's treatment of Abe is put into more context considering almost every single flashback to his childhood is pretty much nonstop emotional abuse. Marge's childhood doesn't seem to be much better, given bullying from her sisters and her mother instilling strict gender roles that Moaning Lisa shows she realises are actively harmful.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 17, 2020

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Pretty good posted:

idk if we ever actually saw it but wasn't it Lionel Hutz's escape route in the treehouse of horror where Homer sells his soul?

It’s a little hard to tell. Could be, but then the tree’s poorly drawn.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Hmm that does look like it's upstairs... gently caress!!!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The whole Simpsons concept makes sense only considering Homer and Marge are meant to be boomers.

It's fun to know the Hullapalooza episode is closer to Homer's remembered glory days than it is to today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Simpsons really does work great as a time capsule. You could go back and watch one episode from each season and I think it would give you a really great look at how culture and society has changed

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Rarity posted:

The Simpsons really does work great as a time capsule. You could go back and watch one episode from each season and I think it would give you a really great look at how culture and society has changed

Everything turning to irredeemable poo poo around 2001 does kinda make sense I guess.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

Everything turning to irredeemable poo poo around 2001 does kinda make sense I guess.

Wow it kinda does put things into perspective.

Also one of the last good episodes in season would be the joy of sect.

Though there were some real stinkers, with Jerkass Homer really starting to develop, even the bad ones still had some good old school jokes. It's why I say season 9 is the last good season, it's still has some decent laughs.

10+ is garbage.

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 17, 2020

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I say to stop at The Principal and the Pauper not because it's the last good episode or the first bad one or anything like that

The episode ends with every character in Springfield acknowledging that things are different now but fearfully agreeing to act like nothing has changed

That's poetry

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

RandomFerret posted:

I say to stop at The Principal and the Pauper not because it's the last good episode or the first bad one or anything like that

The episode ends with every character in Springfield acknowledging that things are different now but fearfully agreeing to act like nothing has changed

That's poetry

The only way the Simpsons can redeem itself would be the last episode having Homer waking up from a Coma after falling down Springfield gorge. He has to deal with life moving on without him and the changes and struggles of modern society.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Foul Ole Ron posted:

The only way the Simpsons can redeem itself would be the last episode having Homer waking up from a Coma after falling down Springfield gorge. He has to deal with life moving on without him and the changes and struggles of modern society.

Nah, that would suck.

Instead: we cut to 3D Homer, who's been working at the Erotic Cakes store for 20 years. It's downtown LA. Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas walk in complaining about their prostate medication - The Simpsons is now part of The Kominsky Method universe

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Enough about the bad seasons, when do we get the freakin MEMES!

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
simpsons memes are funny

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuC7zx6ntGQ

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 17, 2020

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:allears:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I had thought about this format but not yet capitalized on it. Snooze I lose.

I still have a couple good Mendoza posts in my head but I need to find the time. One really needs to be animated but I'm not good at that. Juiceone pm me if you want an idea for a 6 second Mendoza video

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
My mendoza idea is when Skinner is choosing laundry detergents and picks.. MENNNNDOZZZAAAAA

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

:dudsmile::piss:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm in way over my... checks hand ...head!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Hooray the meme thread has memes again.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Foul Ole Ron posted:

I've always thought that the last season should take place over like eighty years. For the first few episodes the kids age a year or two each, so we see them go to middle school, high school, lisa goes to college (for like the fifth time), they get married, and so on. Then we go five years per episode and all the main characters start dying off. Grandpa dies, then Homer when his bypass fails, then some other characters, Marge hangs on long enough to see Bart and Lisa have kids, etc. Eventually all the adult characters are dead and the children are now elderly. The last episode ends with the last of the children dying, leaving behind not a single character from the original series (except, like, Moleman or something) and then as a final sendoff the plant melts down and blows Springfield into a barren radioactive crater. Fin

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Do a dinosaurs ending and have Homer kill the town from nuclear waste.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
The last episode will be 21 minutes of Matt Groening pointing and laughing at the viewer

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The last episode will just be a showcase of everything juiceOne has made with the caption "we're so sorry we couldn't have been this funny" under them

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Fantastic Flyer posted:

The last episode will be 21 minutes of Matt Groening pointing and laughing at the viewer

I agree with this, take it to the other thread please

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1218205724704149505

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Should have been Rhyolite! Boo! Booooooo! Booourns

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Edit: beaten but with sound

Fantastic Flyer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctr9ZfeyvXg

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

I've always thought that the last season should take place over like eighty years. For the first few episodes the kids age a year or two each, so we see them go to middle school, high school, lisa goes to college (for like the fifth time), they get married, and so on. Then we go five years per episode and all the main characters start dying off. Grandpa dies, then Homer when his bypass fails, then some other characters, Marge hangs on long enough to see Bart and Lisa have kids, etc. Eventually all the adult characters are dead and the children are now elderly. The last episode ends with the last of the children dying, leaving behind not a single character from the original series (except, like, Moleman or something) and then as a final sendoff the plant melts down and blows Springfield into a barren radioactive crater. Fin

Six Feet Under did it

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Elfface posted:

Like Raul Julia, even as it was dying it produced amazing work in the midst of disaster that came from a love of the craft, refined over many years of experience. It was surrounded by stuntmen pretending to be actors, flash-in-the-pan youngsters too keen to stand out and ever more merchandising deals and product placement.

Then someone was on too much cocaine to only pretend to punch it in the cancer-surgery-stitches and everything fell apart.

The evidence is clear, it's lesser but still good on seasons 9-12 then really declines 13 and on:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

MunchE posted:

The evidence is clear, it's lesser but still good on seasons 9-12 then really declines 13 and on:

The two episodes with the low scores in seasons 6 and 9 are clip shows.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

and yet Homer the Smithers is the highest-rated of all time? Must be a mistake since You Only Move Twice is unquestionably the high point of the series.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
4.9 S23E22 - Lisa Goes Gaga (Episode spent fawning over Lady Gaga)
5.3 S9E11 - All Singing, All Dancing (All-musical clip show)
5.5 S13E17 - Gump Roast (Final clip show of the series)
5.8 S25E19 - What To Expect When Bart's Expecting (Bart's voodoo powers seem to get people pregnant ending with Fat Tony's gay horse dancing to It's Raining Men)
5.8 S21E16 - The Greatest Story Ever [Annoyed Grunt]'d (The Simpsons are going to Israel!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Daikloktos posted:

5.8 S25E19 - What To Expect When Bart's Expecting (Bart's voodoo powers seem to get people pregnant ending with Fat Tony's gay horse dancing to It's Raining Men)

Seriously what the gently caress?