Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Both guys were going to be gone sooner rather than later, but it does suck to lose them the same offseason.

On the other hand we got what is probably the best college football season ever before they left, so hard to be too salty.

I know. Aranda was leaving soon, it just seems like it hit all at once.

I told someone today "If you told me before the season that we'd pick up some no name coordinator for LSU and he would help bring LSU to an undefeated season, a national championship, a Heisman winner, and an all around amazing season (arguably the best season and team ever), but in the end he'd leave and join our NFC South rival, would you do that deal?"

10 out of 10 yes, for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Free Gratis posted:

Bengal's 1st round pick for Panther's 1st Round Pick + Cam Newton + Pay Cam's Salary would get it done.

No way. Cam has no trade value because no one knows if he'll ever be healthy again.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
What is Cam’s cost if they keep him?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GD_American posted:

What is Cam’s cost if they keep him?

$21m. If they cut or trade him it's only $2m in dead money.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
To put in perspective what folks here think more folks in my office were nay than yay on that deal.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Doubt it. People really underestimate how valuable the 1st pick of the draft is when there's a really good QB prospect.

wandler20 posted:

No way. Cam has no trade value because no one knows if he'll ever be healthy again.

I was making a joke about Mike Brown's frugality but alright.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Free Gratis posted:

In that case it’s two firsts and you pay all his coaches salaries for 3 years. Still gotta hit the cap floor for players.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Free Gratis posted:

You mean Mike "Let's move a DL to TE" Brown?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bengals aren't trading for Cam just because Mike Brown would rather pay a rookie QB salary than Newton's.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

FizFashizzle posted:

Bengals aren't trading for Cam just because Mike Brown would rather pay a rookie QB salary than Newton's.

It's a good reason tbh

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I just don't want Justin Herbert. That guy sucks.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Really retarded question but why not just cut Cam, roll with Allen for another year and go line heavy in the draft?

He had some bad moments but he also had some good. The team fell apart more through bad line play than Allen alone.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Why in the world would you just cut cam?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is there like a gas leak in the entire state of North Carolina?

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

BlindSite posted:

Really retarded question but why not just cut Cam, roll with Allen for another year and go line heavy in the draft?

He had some bad moments but he also had some good. The team fell apart more through bad line play than Allen alone.

Will Grier burner account

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

If you want the cap space. Otherwise keep him see whats what I guess.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Allen looked like dog poo poo once there was tape. He doesn't have the decision making or arm strength to be a starting QB.

If we keep him, you're basically saying gently caress it we are running CMC into the ground for another 5-11 season.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I mean to play devils advocate here, development doesnt stop after 15 games or whatever. Especially with a lame duck coaching staff and broken offensive line.

My meaning is more the franchise can't afford to mortgage their future for Burrow and the Bengals probably wouldnt go for it anyway. Cam is all but 2 years removed from being an effective quarterback and is north of 30. The defensive front is a shell of what it once was.

If the teams going to go 5 year plan hes not a terrible option for a year.

I'm just thinking theres worse options than trying to limit his mistakes for a season while everything else develops and see what you have available the year after.

Carolina's easily 2 or even 3 years away from competing meaningfully anyway. The only way they're competitive faster is if Rhule builds a stupid offense and Cam miraculously comes back in 2015 form.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

To get Lawrence

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/BadLipReading/status/1217898338311294976?s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Who's this dude we hired as DC? His resume is not fantastic.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Who's this dude we hired as DC? His resume is not fantastic.

Phil Snow. He's been Rhule's DC everywhere he goes. Don't let the Baylor numbers get to you. Except for one year at Texas no Big 12 team has a highly rated defense and they've all declined each year.

E: when Rhule and Snow got to Temple, the defense was ranked 100th in the S&P+ defensive rankings. From there: 103rd, 18th, 25th, and 22nd. That's...fantastic

cpranger fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 21, 2020

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Brees, Winston, and Ryan gonna feast next year.

three
Aug 9, 2007

wandler20 posted:

The Panthers D has always sucked in-division.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

wandler20 posted:

Just feast? That’s a welcome improvement. We cut a dude one time because Julio Jones.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

three posted:

The Panthers have always sucked D in-division.

Fixed your quote.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Slowpoke! posted:

Just feast? That’s a welcome improvement. We cut a dude one time because Julio Jones.

He was also fat.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/MarkCook1970/status/1219643767789060096?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ugh, my nightmare scenario of Philip Rivers and Jacob Eason is being rumored in Tampa.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Ugh, my nightmare scenario of Philip Rivers and Jacob Eason is being rumored in Tampa.

wait why is that a bad thing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

I would gladly take Philip Rivers anyone over Jameis, why is this ugh?

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

wandler20 posted:

Didn’t Rivers already move his entire family to the Tampa area?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Spintzel posted:

Didn’t Rivers already move his entire family to the Tampa area?

I thought Ross has said that Tampa was already their vacation home, so they just decided to make it permament.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Florida will be great for him for taxes considering he has 75 kids and no state income tax now

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I would love a year of Rivers

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Rivers moved into the panhandle. Like 6 hours from Tampa. Also, he's an older, worse version of Winston and Eason is probably going to be the same.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Eason I know nothing about. I mostly just don't want a rapist QB anymore.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

kidcoelacanth posted:

Eason I know nothing about. I mostly just don't want a rapist QB anymore.

Big same.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm okay eating a year of Rivers to get rid of Winston.

Eason I only ever watched at UGA and he looked great there. He got better in Washington. I don't buy the narrative that he'd somehow be worse, especially with Arians coaching him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eason has a loving hose. He'd actually make a lot of sense with Arians.