Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

He...called the police over this???

The police are just customer service for white people. Signed, a white person.

Speaking of white people, apparently Heliod Combo is pretty good in Pioneer? Or are people online just not prepared for it?

https://twitter.com/WillErker/status/1218515439741022209?s=09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

He...called the police over this???
White Americans love to call the cops every time they feel like their rights are being violated.

Anyway, I just finished a pre-release where I opened a foil Elspeth, a Heliod, an Archon of Sun's Grace and a Nightmare Shephard, all to go in a great B/W deck. I only went 3-1-1 because I drew awfully for most of the day, the deck deserved much better. What variance gives, it also takes away!

One game I managed to get Heliod active and attacking on turn 4, thanks to Daxos and Elspeth. Love bringing constructed-level decks to prereleases. :unsmigghh:

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Really lovely that he posted her photo, but her expression is basically the face every person makes while reading any social media post by David Leavitt. Anyone remember when he would just play back his VODs in his computer but be “live” and have “give away happening every 30 minutes!” in the title? poo poo he might still be doing that but I blocked him a long time ago.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

When I worked retail, this kind of poo poo happened daily. Usually the elderly or fat housewife though, instead of a young man. And no police ever came either.

He should be severely punished for posting her picture too. One cannot even perform the simple act of going to work without some rear end in a top hat posting your picture every where. gently caress this guy.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I’ve only been playing ‘seriously’ since core2020 but man this new set is weird. It’s like I’m playing Yu Gi Oh or something

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

I’ve only been playing ‘seriously’ since core2020 but man this new set is weird. It’s like I’m playing Yu Gi Oh or something

It's a very Yugioh set, that black card that entombs a guy is pretty much Armageddon Knight

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Dehtraen posted:

Really lovely that he posted her photo, but her expression is basically the face every person makes while reading any social media post by David Leavitt. Anyone remember when he would just play back his VODs in his computer but be “live” and have “give away happening every 30 minutes!” in the title? poo poo he might still be doing that but I blocked him a long time ago.

His nickname on twitch is hot pockets. He often tried to give away individual hot pockets. Imagine getting a hot pocket in the mail.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Speaking of white people, apparently Heliod Combo is pretty good in Pioneer? Or are people online just not prepared for it?

Someone going 4-1 doesn't say anything at all when there are a whole lot of people trying it out.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Someone going 4-1 doesn't say anything at all when there are a whole lot of people trying it out.

I've seen a number of people posting about going 5-0 but that tweet was the first decklist I could find :shrug: I'm sure more will trickle out over the weekend.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Sickening posted:

His nickname on twitch is hot pockets. He often tried to give away individual hot pockets. Imagine getting a hot pocket in the mail.

Mr plinkett gave us mail order pizza rolls from his webzone for years and we love him for it smh...

On my 3rd sealed Arena event and have gone 5-3,6-3, and 5-1 so far. Ran BG,BG,and BR. Final death is a house. I decked myself once with erebos and Nylea (opponent helped with tyramet and binding binding of titans Sagas).

Im having a lot of fun, thanks wizards.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

C-Euro posted:

I've seen a number of people posting about going 5-0 but that tweet was the first decklist I could find :shrug: I'm sure more will trickle out over the weekend.
I think it is good - but it also is benefitting from people not understanding how to play against it and just leaving themselves dead to Heliod+Ballista or infinite life. I just watched a game where an Eldrazi tron player could’ve gone Karn The Great Creator into pithing needle on a giver of ruins but instead jammed smasher to block and died to the combo which was face up. Sure he was probably dead the next turn but the Karn line would’ve given him another draw to something that would’ve helped

sideboards also need to be tweaked a little bit to properly fight against it if it becomes a regularly played deck

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I've managed to go 0-3 and 1-3 in sealed so far; I even had that dumb sphinx in my pool the second time. I also have a 30% win rate with the temur elementals deck.

Starting to consider the possibility that I may just be bad at this game.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Nessian Boar is probably the biggest trap in limited. Especially in this set.

I just blocked it with 3 creatures and then killed it with the Final Death I drew off its trigger.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

TheChirurgeon posted:

That thread is loving amazing

https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/1218281250676408328?s=20

TFW you can't afford to go to the dentist or buy a toothbrush at full price but you have the time and money to sue target

yeah, I dug into the thread and there's a lawyer in there telling him that the law actually doesn't apply there because the price differential is too large.

Also he claims in his twitter bio to work for CBS, which is a hilarious lie.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Last night at pre-release I saw a guy learn that he couldn’t get a token back from exile and then immediately crumple his deck into a ball, drop from the event, cry to the TO, and drop from the two modern tournaments he was already registered for.

Probably the biggest salt out I’ve ever seen.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Kurieg posted:

yeah, I dug into the thread and there's a lawyer in there telling him that the law actually doesn't apply there because the price differential is too large.

Also he claims in his twitter bio to work for CBS, which is a hilarious lie.

CBS reached out to him to remove their name from his BIO when the entire twitter world was making GBS threads on him for the Ariana thing. He once submitted an article or something for free on one of the CBS sites. This doesn't mean you work for CBS of course. His long time girlfriend also left him over the ordeal but ya know, can't learn from anything.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mezzanon posted:

Last night at pre-release I saw a guy learn that he couldn’t get a token back from exile and then immediately crumple his deck into a ball, drop from the event, cry to the TO, and drop from the two modern tournaments he was already registered for.

Probably the biggest salt out I’ve ever seen.

I don’t understand how you can have a modern deck and not know that, that’s bonkers. Magic players are so special.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

freeman posted:

The hygiene problem is definitely overblown. I've been to dozens of GPs/Opens/PTQs and hundreds of FNM and there's probably been several times at most that I've had some offensive BO in my area. I'm surprised it's not worse when you have a bunch of obese people in a poorly ventilated cramped space for hours. Even showering in the morning and using deodorant, by the end a GP day of intense matches my pits can get a little funky if I press my nose up against that part of my shirt.

It was worse in the past. It's gotten better because of constant efforts from parts of the playerbase to ensure the rest of the playerbase does the bare minimum.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t understand how you can have a modern deck and not know that, that’s bonkers. Magic players are so special.

He bought modern eldrazi and taxes after getting banned from local yugioh for being too toxic.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mezzanon posted:

He bought modern eldrazi and taxes after getting banned from local yugioh for being too toxic.

what the gently caress

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

what the gently caress

Hard to imagine

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Kurieg posted:

yeah almost any store policy or law like that has an escape clause for "merchants aren't beholden to this when it is glaringly obvious to anyone that the listed price is an honest mistake"

the point of those rules is to protect customers from deliberate false advertising and fraud, not allow them to commit it lol

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Played a small prerelease this morning and pulled the ole 1-1-1 record. I played a UB enchantment-ish build. Got to live the dream in a few games by winning off of Thassa’s Oracle. On the whole, set seems pretty fun for limited.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
:lol: Even piss drinking Nazi armband Joey Salads thinks he’s an rear end in a top hat, that’s when you know you are in the wrong.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

when angle shooting irl goes bad

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Katana Gomai posted:

Friend of mine had two in his pool and obviously went 4-0 despite being greedy AF and playing a colorless land in his Esper pile. Card's insane.

Re: Dream Trawler, and living the dream (en-route to 4-0 at the prerelease).

I was wayyyy ahead in game 1; I was on W/B at like 30 life / 1 creature / 4 cards in hand, opponent on U/W at like 5 life / no creature / 1 card in hand.

He plays some random creature, and I pacify it (with the *Apathy card, that allows you to pay 3 extra mana to exile the creature) so I can attack with my only creature. He then slams Dream Trawler the following turn, with one card remaining in his hand. I read the card, and think "Welp, I actually might lose this one".

He swings for a few turns, as I dont have an answer. Until....I draw Rise To Glory. After a quick discussion with the judge, I pass turn. He attacks again, and EOT I pay 3 to exile his other creature with the *Apathy pacifism. I untap, slam the Rise To Glory. Rise to Glory is 3WB and returns a creature and/or an Aura to the battlefield. I explain how I am targeting the *Apathy (and a random creature). He says "Hmm...Ok response. I'll play this spell that gives my guy hexproof (as opposed to just discarding a card)". I explain that doesnt work, the Aura is still attached, and he concedes!

Later, did the same trick to Tectonic Giant to avoid it's targeting trigger. Neat!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Officially used up all my opening-good-cards luck for this season with my 8-rares.dec sealed pool:

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

JFC that's a sealed deck

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"Hey tymaret what are you doing?" "Calling the dead." "But you just got done doing that!"

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Pity the poor soul whose death mask gets to be the codpiece on Tymaret's death golem or whatever that is.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kurieg posted:

"Hey tymaret what are you doing?" "Calling the dead." "But you just got done doing that!"

Clearly you've never had a pet if you think something will come to you the first time you call it :colbert:

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Entropic posted:

Pity the poor soul whose death mask gets to be the codpiece on Tymaret's death golem or whatever that is.

yikes, yeah. presumably there's a whole butt situation as well

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
pretty sure the dead don't poop, mind you

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats literally the first thing they do

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The codpiece is the most honored position, actually.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Gray Merchant is a really mean card

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Dream stalker should’ve never been printed, it’s a deeply busted limited card. Otherwise, format seems fun I guess?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Picking up my Reality Acid with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Listen folks, they gotta run out of fantasy-rear end sounding words eventually.