Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wonder what the PT is like in space force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MA-Horus posted:

LANCASTERS CURE JERRIES

nah Air Wagner flies Cessna 414s

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Wonder what the PT is like in space force.
Contests to see who can supersaturate a body pillow with jizz first.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Thinking your going to defend against the aliens when really you're just helping ICE rape and murder refugees

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Flying_Crab posted:

I still don't understand what the point of making it a distinct branch is in the least.

I think they could have literally renamed the air force to something like the aerospace force, and done everything under that umbrella but v0v. Decent thread ya got here btw.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

shame on an IGA posted:

nah Air Wagner flies Cessna 414s

Lol

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Eulogistics posted:

Jungle/forest camo will be very effective in space

Nobody currently in Space Force will ever go to space.

The Navy still owns the title for most useless camo.

Edit: I legit hope they adopt those "Billy Mitchell" dress uniforms the AF looked at a few years back.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

this worker deserves a bronze statue three meters tall with her face set in that expression facing the capitol

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Casimir Radon posted:

I kind of doubt you'd directly recruit anyone into it, if you're not a dumbass anyway, which they are. I hope whoever comes next abolishes the whole thing and sweeps the components back where they belong.

Or just makes it a functional combatant command like OH RIGHT.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Move the AF into the SF because renaming it is too hard.

This will happen.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Call ‘em spacey’s. And it works, you know, ‘cause of all the goddamn rapes. By both Kevin Spacey and future spacey’s.

Seriously what are we gonna call ‘em? Are their trainees going to be literal space cadets? Is the Space Academy gonna be a thing? Because that’s a real space cadet factory concept.

Goddamn higher than astronaut pussy and can’t quit giggling at the space force.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Oh man, we’ll have all the idiot stories come out of there, and we’ll likely know the names of the first one to do all the classic stupid newbie mistakes.

Anyone want to take a stab at:

Model of car bought at too high interest for the first time in the service?

Name of the first stripper that space-joe marries to get out of the barracks?

With the stand-up of a new service, we’ll have fodder for the Idiots thread for years :getin:

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

Oh man, we’ll have all the idiot stories come out of there, and we’ll likely know the names of the first one to do all the classic stupid newbie mistakes.

With the stand-up of a new service, we’ll have fodder for the Idiots thread for years :getin:

V6 Mustang

Krystal

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’m going with Skye or Star for the stripper, and a corvette stingray for the car.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Call ‘em spacey’s. And it works, you know, ‘cause of all the goddamn rapes. By both Kevin Spacey and future spacey’s.

Seriously what are we gonna call ‘em? Are their trainees going to be literal space cadets? Is the Space Academy gonna be a thing? Because that’s a real space cadet factory concept.

I'd think it would make sense to not make it a direct entry branch but instead let people involved in career space poo poo transfer over while lower enlisted & officers (especially those in admin/support roles) could be detailed from the other services.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I met a guy once who told me his wife’s name was Crystal and my exact next question was if he was in the military.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Commander: Spaceman First Class, we have you on hologram crashing your Rocket Camero into an interstellar way station. You then proceed to pop out of the cockpit buck naked and tackle the first Valarian you see; sexual assaulting its reproductive sac. We’ve had protests outside space station 14b for the last three days hindering operations because of your actions. Do you have anything to say for yourself?

Spaceman First Class: Sir, see, what had happen was, Intergalactic Sergeant said anyone who licked a slug from the multiverse they’d get a 4 day. Things get a little hazy after that...

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Icon Of Sin posted:

Mystique

2015 F-150 Raptor

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Eulogistics posted:

Because of all of the uniform shenanigans in the past 20 years Congress passed a law stating that if any branch adopted a new camouflage then all the other branches would have to adopt it too. The Army's OCP/Scorpion was grandfathered in from the uniform trials circa 2000, but it means that the Space Force can only use an existing camo instead of coming up with their own.

So OCP ACUs are the most reasonable choice.

Mind you, this doesn't cover dress uniforms, so expect them to go hog wild with that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:v: Welcome to the space force son.
:downs: When do we get to go to space?
:v: When the Russians can launch us there.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SimonCat posted:

Mind you, this doesn't cover dress uniforms, so expect them to go hog wild with that.

Officer: Jürgen Prochnow in Dune
Enlisted: Jürgen Prochnow in Das Boot

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Eulogistics posted:

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/1218382264049926144

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’m going with Skye or Star for the stripper, and a corvette stingray for the car.

Changing this to Nova, for:

Nova (exploding star)
and Nova (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Also, who wants to bet about how long it is before space dicks replace sky dicks as something we're laughing over? I'm sure there will "accidentally" be a geostat satellite constellation that's appropriately shaped :dong:

e: if you played with the inclinations juuuuuuust right, you could have a flip-flopping space-dong corkscrewing its way across the sky :laffo:

e2: teabags as the mission patch.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 18, 2020

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Eulogistics posted:

https://twitter.com/eamonhamilton/status/1218487038250340354?s=19

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuXYQQ1cks4

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

Im going with the most expensive model of Tesla available at these time cuz musk put one in space for thats the car for space joe OR thats years hellcat or rebel or anything named raider. If someone puts out a loving pinto named the millenium falcon at 1000% interest im sure we would have space joes lined up around the block for it

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Lmfao

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Thinking your going to defend against the aliens when really you're just helping ICE rape and murder refugees

Thats what it means to defend against aliens

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

If they open up Space Force to recruitment, I'm imagining an ad where a SPACE CADET with a lightsaber fights a SPACE DRAGON in SPACE.

smash cut to a dude staring at a computer in a poorly air conditioned shed at Vandenberg AFB

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Loden Taylor posted:

If they open up Space Force to recruitment, I'm imagining an ad where a SPACE CADET with a lightsaber fights a SPACE DRAGON in SPACE.

smash cut to a dude staring at a computer in a poorly air conditioned shed at Vandenberg AFB

This is exactly how it's gonna work.

Edit: V Something like that will probably happen. I don't know which bases will fall under Space, but Vandenberg, Peterson, and Patrick are probably safe bets.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 18, 2020

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Will Vandenberg be renamed to “Vandenberg SFB”?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

hobbesmaster posted:

Will Vandenberg be renamed to “Vandenberg SFB”?

the batter name would be Vandenberg Starport

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Astroport for the range of jokes

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Elect me as president and I promise that one of the first things I will do is to eliminate the US Space Force.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Trump may beat you to it seeing as hes trying to end the United states entirely

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
MSNBC host and noted homophobe Joy Ann Reid had a "body language expert" on to tell us that Bernie was lying. Also, she's an anti-vaxxer

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1218610448381227008?s=19

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Tythas posted:

It doesn't even have a runway, much less a spacelaunch facility.

Edit: I was thinking of Los Angeles, not Vandenberg. Leaving this here because :suicide:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 19, 2020

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tythas posted:

Godholio posted:

:chloe:

Source:
https://spaceflightnow.com/2019/06/12/photos-spacexs-falcon-9-rocket-on-the-pad-at-vandenberg/

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Godholio posted:

Yeah, but it could be named Vandenberg Starport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Proud Christian Mom posted:

MSNBC host and noted homophobe Joy Ann Reid had a "body language expert" on to tell us that Bernie was lying. Also, she's an anti-vaxxer

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1218610448381227008?s=19

already gone