Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/TitusONeilWWE/status/1218585292862439425

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I wish I was even the tiniest of fractions as cool as Dave "Batista" Bautista

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alex Shelley is an athletic trainer so he probably saw all the state-of-the-art poo poo the athletic trainers there get and got real excited.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Batista has no idea who Titus is, lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dave Bautista and a fan.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

coconono posted:

They're really good friends you dork

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

He made a bigger fuss than most here when Titus got suspended and missed Mania for messing with Vince

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Batista and Titus were neighbors and actually got him to start wrestling in a pitch-perfect LOL Vince story:

quote:

One of my closest friends is Dave Bautista and we’ve had several conversations about wrestling, but it wasn’t something I was looking to make into a career. But he did tell me where they trained at, which was in Tampa. I was driving one day to get a pair of dress shoes and saw the (training center) in the plaza across the street . So I poked my head in the back door to see what it’s all about.

Two weeks later, I was signed and learning how to become a WWE superstar.

[100 indie wrestlers tell their story of living out of cars and traveling around the world scraping by to get a shot at the big time]

"Funny story! I was picking up some shoes and stumbled across WWE's offices and they saw I was tall and had big muscles---"

Also skimming image search there are dozens of photos of Titus and Batista with their families, at Big Dave's recent wedding, hanging out at Thanksgiving, hanging out at the pool, going to football games together, doing charity events together, hanging out at a bar, etc. so it is funny that Titus chose for whatever reason to use a photo of them from one of like ten movie premieres they both attended where Batista looks bored as poo poo.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 18, 2020

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Did Dave marry Dana then?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i believe that poster was referring to how titus doesn't ever open up even to his closest friends. batista doesn't know who titus really is.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Part of why Dave is cool is because he's friends with Titus who seems like a good dude

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think Titus told a story before about how Batista showed him one of his royalty checks from WWE and Titus immediately said,"I am going to be a pro-wrestler."

Titus ain't a great pro-wrestler, but he's one hell of an incredible human being and I hope WWE is scared enough of AEW that they just pay him a huge amount of money while he spends his free time hanging out with his kids or doing cool charity work.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Titus managed to parlay his WWE fame into doing charity/community work and thus he is the real World Champion of Wrestling.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

I think Titus told a story before about how Batista showed him one of his royalty checks from WWE and Titus immediately said,"I am going to be a pro-wrestler."

Titus ain't a great pro-wrestler, but he's one hell of an incredible human being and I hope WWE is scared enough of AEW that they just pay him a huge amount of money while he spends his free time hanging out with his kids or doing cool charity work.

But not hugging Vince. Never again hugging Vince.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Mental health awareness means never criticising the entertainment output of a billion dollar company.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm confused. Is that Bray out of character talking about how much he hates that they've ruined him?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is he saying that making comments on social media is "great power"?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I'm confused. Is that Bray out of character talking about how much he hates that they've ruined him?
I believe he's saying that when you say negative things about The Fiend on social media, it negatively impacts the mental health of Windham Rotunda, the real person behind the Fiend.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i've never really seen anybody talk poo poo about bray as a performer or an artist so I'm confused about what he's talking about. people say the matches are poo poo but that's zero percent his fault, all the problems with the Fiend can be traced back to the company he works for

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

People absolutely complain about the Fiend.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He's saying people's comments got to him and if not for the people in his life it could have been much worse and he's asking people to understand that their comments hurt people

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

has corey graves told him to stop being a pussy yet

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/tylerthecreator/status/285670822264307712?s=20

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

all those rude, insensitive comments like "please turn the red light off" and "your belt looks bad"

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He's saying people's comments got to him and if not for the people in his life it could have been much worse and he's asking people to understand that their comments hurt people

He may no sell on the outside....but on the inside...

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This gets posted a lot but I think there's obviously more to it than that. It's a funny tweet but I think we're kinda way past that as an actual response to people talking about getting abuse online.

BUT

The comments Bray is using as examples here aren't abuse, except in a really colloquial sense of the word. They're just opinions about a TV show character. What he's basically saying is please don't express your dissatisfaction with my character because it upsets me. If it was a bunch of poo poo about his personal life, then yeah - and I'm sure he's gotten plenty of that. Call that out, cos it's bogus.

When you put something out there, and especially if you're being paid for it and selling things related to it, you need to suck up the fact that a lot of people aren't going to like it and they're going to say so. In a perfect world maybe people would just say nice things when they like something and nothing when they don't (and that's debatable,). Knowing that this isn't how people behave, you've got to be prepared that when you start doing something in public, there's going to be poo poo talked about it in proportion to how exposure it has, and he's got a lot, because he's a success.

Just weird. He's been doing this for a long time and is very successful, but I guess hasn't learned how to filter and ignore the negativity.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish the game of thrones showrunners had cried about all the bullying

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Midnightghoul posted:

He may no sell on the outside....but on the inside...

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't give a gently caress about your feelings, Bray

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Bray sounds like he's struggling with mental health issues. I hope he gets help and feels better

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/1218648492693848065?s=20

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Demonic bloodthirsty psychopaths have feelings too

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Afaik Bray cheated on his wife with jojo then instead of paying alimony he spent the alimony money on buying jojo a loving pony

So Bray and jojo are meant to be wwe lifers

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mental health is important and I'm sympathetic to people suffering from negativity, but if you're sensitive enough to it that mild negative criticisms of your "art" risk doing serious damage to you then maybe you shouldn't be putting your art out there to the masses like that. Or at least get off social media.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

What did he name his kid again?

Syyx Nash??

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wolfie toosweet

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

What did he name his kid again?

Syyx Nash??

His first was 1-2-3 Hall. Third will be X-Pac Hogan.

He's got a pattern and he'll stick to it. Though if he gets to a 5th he might start running out of Waltman gimmicks.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

wolfie toosweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Fucks sake, teddy. At least create an alt

https://twitter.com/J_VFrankenstein/status/1218503327257964546?s=19