Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Okay I laughed at a Compu-Toon

I'm pretty sure it's not SUPPOSED to be a meta-joke about Boyce copy pasting things, and is actually just the standard Compu-Toon nonsense but I choose to take it as the former because it made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

coronatae posted:

At this point I want it to be true that Gunther is in fact fuckin

look at what you wrote

just look at it

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

:negative: this strip has broken me

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Does Bets dress up like his mom, is the real question.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

rannum posted:

Retail becomes everyone is working at a new store, each with a brand new cast

Introducing: the Retail Cinematic Universe!

But Lunker gets a grim and gritty Netflix miniseries that won't appeal to a broader audience.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

gently caress you, Ed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tuxedo Ted posted:

But Lunker gets a grim and gritty Netflix miniseries that won't appeal to a broader audience.

L U N K

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol: It really was a blessing when James Allen stumbled across Vargo's tweets.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cowslips Warren posted:

Does Bets dress up like his mom, is the real question.
gunther does

*your

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Dustin is an English major so why doesn't he just go to the newspaper office and ask the editor for a job

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 8/29/53

They'll Do It Every Time 8/7/46

Mopsy 8/17/42

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

if this isn't my new favorite Compu-Toon, it's got to be in the top 5; it's so perfectly Boyce

I cannot re-find the one with and it's a real shame

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Angular Cyrus posted:

Mopsy 8/17/42

I love the queer (sub)text in mopsy

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

davidspackage posted:

Have we ruled out that Zak's secretly a feeder?

I think we can probably rule it out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Mopsy somehow pulls off being incredibly horny all the time and still somehow entirely wholesome

A bit like Shantae

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On THe Fastrack

Safe Havens Let the kid stay there. We know she's okay because she's a time traveler!

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz That's a TERRIBLE simile!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coronatae posted:

At this point I want it to be true that Gunther is in fact fuckin

Two Gunths having sex *clap clap*

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens Let the kid stay there. We know she's okay because she's a time traveler!

I am trying to emulate the panel 2 expression with my mouth and it's not working. I make a "OH NO" face and it exposes my top row of teeth and covers the bottom, not vise-versa.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (September 2, 1932)

Peanuts (January 19-20, 1973)

gently caress You, Les Moore

Crankshaft

9 "Let's Drag This poo poo Out" Lane

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 1-3, 1934)

Toonerville Folks, in which I find another source to work with and we rejuggle our dates all over again, because they post Monday-through-Saturday comics on Mondays through Saturdays like non-crazy papers tend to do. Unfortunately they're only a couple months into their run as we jump ship, so the messed-up ones from 1915 are still lost in the mists of time. (July 10-12, 1916 (with a very recent repeat for symmetry), now coming to you via the Richmond (VA) Times)

Dok's "Bringing Two Bills Before The Legislature" Duck (January 19, 1913)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am trying to emulate the panel 2 expression with my mouth and it's not working. I make a "OH NO" face and it exposes my top row of teeth and covers the bottom, not vise-versa.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

So, let me get this straight - Tracy spent a month chasing this hobo across the country, shot two innocent people during the manhunt, and the closest thing to any detective work he’s done is having luckily read a single article in a local newspaper because there was nothing else to read?

Law & Order, this ain’t.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I hope that fuckin' kid dies and causes a paradox

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

EasyEW posted:

9 "Let's Drag This poo poo Out" Lane

Are, uh.

are they still 6 here

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The guy on Apartment 3-G's second panel is looking to the side like he can't believe this farce. Compare that to Mark Trail's second panel which is supposed to convey...what exactly? It bugs me how Mark Trail almost always has an extreme close-up of someone's face. It'd be fine if it was drawn in different angles to convey certain moods, but James is so creatively bankrupt that he always draws them facing the front like this.

Julet Esqu posted:

We can hope that what he's angry about is that she, his supposed friend, went around gossiping and speculating about his sex life with other people rather than asking him directly. But knowing Gunther and Team Evans, it seems more likely that he's mad that she thinks he would have se...heh...heh.... and put a mark on his fair lady's honor.

In a good comic, Gunther would :sever: because he finally realizes that Luann's a terrible friend all this time. But knowing Team Evans, it's going to be treated as a little spat that goes absolutely nowhere. Oh, and Bets/Tiffany will somehow be at fault.

This made my day, thanks for the edit!

PetraCore posted:

Are, uh.

are they still 6 here

Yes. :barf::barf::barf:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Frazz That's a TERRIBLE simile!

That actually IS a clever little turn of phrase. Too bad it's immediately ruined by Jef Mallett Frazz congratulating himself on how clever it is...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars has a sexy foam party

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (May 01, 1937)

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

FrumpleOrz posted:

The mechanics of time travel from what we've seen are so hosed. It's not really time travel, it's dimension hopping but the timelines of the dimensions are out of synch, hence the "time travel," but as we saw with that stupid loving comet there are differences between these dimensions (as the future lady noted, that comet was destroyed thousands of years ago in her timeline, which raises all kinds of other questions frankly, like how she even knew about it in the first place if it never threatened her Earth). Even were this baby to bite it in the vents, her (blonde?) "future-self" should still be alive because she's not even from their universe, she's an alternate universe doppelgänger (but blonde?).

Holbrook really needs to decide if he wants science in his comics to be realistic or wild, whimsical magitech. He wants to have it both ways, but better writers who don't have to split their attention between three projects have tried and failed to do that.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Endless Mike posted:

Star Wars has a sexy foam party

So her plan was "steal a big expensive ship and then smash it to poo poo for no reason"? I think I've spotted a couple of teensy flaws with that procedure.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Fort Knox

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Archyduchess posted:

I think we can probably rule it out.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

catlord posted:

Holbrook really needs to decide if he wants science in his comics to be realistic or wild, whimsical magitech. He wants to have it both ways, but better writers who don't have to split their attention between three projects have tried and failed to do that.
When is science ever realistic in any of his comics?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: Corto is advised - cherchez la femme, or Surprising no-one, Corto gets upset at Rasputin, or Also surprising no-one, Rasputin gets upset at Corto

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What do you figure the birdwoman/mouse man Holbrook kid will be like? He already has a plant baby.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

What do you figure the birdwoman/mouse man Holbrook kid will be like? He already has a plant baby.

bird + mouse = a loving bat probably, because that's how Punnett squares work :pseudo:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's already a bat-kid in the other comic, and Holbrook seems to hate using the same species twice as a general rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing either flightless bird or platypus.