Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The best crowd I've seen was Dump Matsumoto's produce show which was just a bunch of middle aged women getting drunk at 10:30am on a Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The best crowd I've seen was Dump Matsumoto's produce show which was just a bunch of middle aged women getting drunk at 10:30am on a Sunday

i envy those women and want to live their lives

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

i envy those women and want to live their lives

:same:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The power lies within you, friends

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1217037921036800000?s=19

Guess we know one member of Giulia-gun now. She recruited TAKA's protégé Maika.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Going to spoil the result of the match since I don't know when it airs: Utami retained the Future of Stardom title over Maika

Also match seems to have been rather stiff and hard-hitting

https://twitter.com/utami0914/status/1217066770705473537?s=20

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 15, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IceAgeComing posted:

Going to spoil the result of the match since I don't know when it airs

Nice job with that, chief

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I know Stardom has a tv deal but does anyone know when it's supposed to start? Over the air wrestling is pretty much limited to 2:30 in the morning on Sundays here (a thirty minute NJPW broadcast), though satellite has a ton more options.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Auritech posted:

I know Stardom has a tv deal but does anyone know when it's supposed to start? Over the air wrestling is pretty much limited to 2:30 in the morning on Sundays here (a thirty minute NJPW broadcast), though satellite has a ton more options.

Apparently it's supposed to be this month? The Observer site says it's gonna be on Tokyo MX and the BS NTV station. (The NTV show being pretty much the same as the NJPW thing you mentioned)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i saw it on tokyo mx last week. show with the mayu vs bea match

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

I'll have to keep an eye out for Tokyo MX listings then.

(For those who don't live in Japan, Tokyo MX is a super low budget channel that shows a lot of anime.)

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

After a little research, the Stardom show (We are STARDOM!”) is at 1:35am on Monday morning on Tokyo MX. Like the NJPW show, it is only 30 minutes long.

I’ve put the episode on record and will give you my trip report after I see it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chigusa Nagayo got cast as a crime lord in the second season of BBC drama Giri/Haji.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Gatoh Move Experience is live:
https://gatohmovex.pivotshare.com/

There's not much on there at the moment, but 9.99/month is about the same as a Patreon would be if they were running one.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1218121526592933889

Stardom have put the balcony of Korakuen Hall on sale for the first time in their history - which suggests that they've done good business.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

30 minutes in the middle of the night, lmao.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I mean that's also what New Japan's network TV deal is!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah but NJPW doesn't gently caress up their live content distro just because "they've got TV" because Stardom will use that as the excuse everytime someone asks them why they aren't uploading the whole shows or with commentary.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

...they haven't though? Stardom World has never live streamed; the Wrestle Kingdom match didn't air because TV Asahi - long time New Japan partner, owner of most of the New Japan television library and 50% owner of NJPW World - didn't want to air a match from a promotion that had television on NTV. You'd have to assume that as investment arrives in Stardom that the infrastructure required for regular live streaming of at least their big shows will come but them having television isn't the issue: the issue was them being a small company until the buyout where one man edited, translated and produced all of the videos uploaded on Stardom World and that's not the way to do high quality live streaming.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

It looks like Stardom is uploading their TV show to their youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfg9CPKkn3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52cmu7lpnIs

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I retract everything terrible I've said.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roster announcement for Tokyo Joshi is Coming To America:

Tokyo Joshi Pro:
Yuka Sakazaki
Rika Tatsumi
Miu Watanabe
Shoko Nakajima
Miyu Yamashita
Maki Itoh
Mizuki
Natsumi Maki
Hyper Misao
Nodoka Tenma
Yuki Aino
Yuki Kamifuku
Hikari Noa
Raku

International:
Su Yung
Thunder Rosa
Priscilla Kelly

DDT offer match: Konosuke Takeshita vs Yuki Ueno

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Super no vacancy for Stardom. The queue to get in looks horrific

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The new member of Giulia's faction (now named Donna del Mondo) was Syuri Kondo, who a lot of joshi promotions seemed to be building around for this year lol

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1218765622068174849?s=19 Boooooooo

Stardom spoiler

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So Bea's the top gaijin in Stardom now? She was all over the TV. Which btw, are pretty good even tho no subs. late night wrestling rules.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

show sounds wild all hail kidani

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

So Bea's the top gaijin in Stardom now? She was all over the TV. Which btw, are pretty good even tho no subs. late night wrestling rules.

Top Gaijin is quite literally her nickname. They were going to do a match where Toni passed the torch to her but WWE forbade it because of Bea signing with AEW.

I'm less sure who is supposed to be the Oedo Tai leader after Kagetsu. They've made it seem like Natsuko, Natsu, Saki and now Bea are all gonna get the role

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/AEWCodyfan_CCK/status/1218772579336380417?s=19

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Marvelous was a lot of fun today! Finally converted my wife into a pro wrestling fan.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I wish I had known (or remembered?) Marvelous was in Osaka today. I found out when the Marvelous International twitter posted a tweet translation that said there were "two days to go until the Osaka event" - and then looked at the Japanese tweet it was quoting and realized it was two days old and the event had been over for four or five hours. lol.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Bea's new gear is so bad :lol:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

I wish I had known (or remembered?) Marvelous was in Osaka today. I found out when the Marvelous International twitter posted a tweet translation that said there were "two days to go until the Osaka event" - and then looked at the Japanese tweet it was quoting and realized it was two days old and the event had been over for four or five hours. lol.

I don't know what's more endearing about that account, that they translate hype for days old shows or that they hyper focus on Tomoko Watanabe's blog posts complaining about her lazy husband.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I'm really curious who runs it: I'm pretty sure its an official account so considering what we know about Marvelous it may well be one of the wrestlers doing it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I know who runs it. She sells merch at their shows.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ishin posted:

Bea's new gear is so bad :lol:

true as do her blue roots but drat near anyone looks bad next to Jamie Hayter soooo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've fallen off of STARDOM in the last year or so but maybe the anniversary show will be a good way to jump back in. Life just for real busy and there is so much wrestling, a lot of it easier to access than their website accessed through a browser on a fire stick.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I know who runs it. She sells merch at their shows.

that makes sense but its significantly less funny than imagining Mio Momono hastily translating three day old tweets because she forgot to do it earlier so I'll keep on imagining that is what happens

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

I finally watched the newest episode of the We Are STARDOM! TV show. Since they put all the episodes on YouTube I suppose it's not a surprise! The production isn't great but they're better than Impact I guess. The ads for the show are also very kira kira pink cutesy apocalypse, much like the opening of the show.

One little detail from the show that does not make it into the YouTube broadcast however: before the first commercial break in every TV show in Japan, they always show the "promotional consideration has been paid for by the following" screen where the main advertisers are displayed.

Looks like Bushiroad is basically paying to put this show on the air, which is not surprising.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Its basically using the Stardom World versions of the matches rather than the Samurai ones and Stardom World, while being better than it was, is a clear step below most TV wrestling when it comes to elements of its production quality so I'm not surprised it looks a bit cheap. Hopefully that changes in the long term - they are airing older stuff at the moment and there have been changes like actually having entrance videos and some lighting stuff they didn't used to do.