Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Qwertycoatl posted:

Was there a reason other than convenience to use Veil rather than a set of cool gear that's cheap because it doesn't have any resists? If you had resists of -60 you'd need less phys taken as ele.

Having absolutely no gear with resists on it seems like a giant pain in the rear end, especially if you need uniques for your build.

% Global defenses mod probably doesn't hurt either.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jan 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

whypick1 posted:

Veil of the Night + Gluttony of Elements + at least 51% of phys taken as elemental + CI = total immunity to hits. Gluttony's healing happens simultaneously with the hit, therefore your healing is more than the damage taken, therefore you can't die. Veil is needed for this setup because any resistances mean you have to get that much more physical damage taken as elemental.

Of course, this is limited by Gluttony of Elements' uptime, as it's a Vaal skill.

This game is so loving dumb and I love it.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Acht posted:

So this actually happened. :)

I told him someone from "the forum where I posted our playthrough" wanted to lend him a HH and I think he said "For real?" about 7 times while smiling.
He doesn't really know what the belt does and it was quite difficult to explain. Experiencing is probably best, so we did some maps. Nemesis/Beyond. He was laughing all the way through, haha. Especially Soul Eater I think? Where he gets massive. He kept yelling he "glitched". Other highlights were becoming razor fast, which he absolutely loved! He didn't kill anything, but just zoomed across and back. :D

There were also a few buffs that teleported him all over the place, which seemed to irritate him slightly. That's life, kid. Can't all be winners.

Massive thanks again, Zenithe. And before anyone notices, my son really doesn't understand the username from Zenithe. ;)
This story has made the thread title relevant again

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
summon raging spirit counts as a spell, that wand definitely does apply to SRS even if he'll be finding random rares better than it everywhere

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
SRS is a spell yes, and added damage to spells does not apply to minions. If it doesn't say minions, it doesn't apply to minions.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Ashcaller doesn't help at all if you're using minions. The SRS on Kill is there as a bonus to a character that's using direct damage spells. It's a decent wand if you're using Fireball at that level range, I guess, since it helps a lot with ignite damage.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Martian posted:

This story has made the thread title relevant again

I didn't know Blight was a 5 month league :colbert:

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Path of Exile: Metamorph - Actually it’s Tane’s Monster

Lechtansi fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 18, 2020

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Qwertycoatl posted:

Was there a reason other than convenience to use Veil rather than a set of cool gear that's cheap because it doesn't have any resists? If you had resists of -60 you'd need less phys taken as ele.

I mean, technically, but there is no reason not to use Veil. You can use the same gear set for everything else without having to swap and Veil still has the increased global defenses so it's not 100% useless.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

whypick1 posted:

I didn't know Blight was a 5 month league :colbert:

To aaaaaaaash

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Lechtansi posted:

Path of Exile: Metamorph - Actually it’s Tane’s Monster

:golfclap:

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I'm looking for a melee build to invest heavily in. I have an easy 30 ex atm. What skill/ascendancy would be good without being a wet paper bag? And if anyone has a poe ninja or guide for it that would be helpful as I haven't played melee since legion.

Xeras fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 18, 2020

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Step 1: Champion
Step 2: Paradoxica + Paradoxica, or Paradoxica + Savior
Step 3: Impale Support Gem

fin

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
someone sell me a cheap farruls to replace the one i poofed on the altar last night

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
^^ I'll trade you for an explodey chest

You can basically just sort poe.ninja by people using paradoxicas to get an idea of what's good. Usually it's cyclone, and champion has a nice mix of defensive and offensive bonuses to work with. Also it has the bonus impale stacks which would cost more than your budget to get on a watcher's eye otherwise

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

Step 1: Champion
Step 2: Paradoxica + Paradoxica, or Paradoxica + Savior
Step 3: Impale Support Gem

fin

Sadface.

I did my Disfavour cyclone impale bleed champion and got him to 90, its ok but not more.
Bleed is worthless in a 30 aps meta, crimson dance might as well not exist, attack speed > everything else, ever, period.
2Hand is dead except for godlike rolls on a rare.
Dual wield is, and will continue to be, the only "viable" choice if your goals are higher than "get to 90 somehow" which pisses me off ever since they introduced flat damage on jewels (Abyss?) which killed every melee weapon that wasnt already dead.
Except for fads of molten strike juggernauts with dual maces. Which is still dual wield.

The dual-wield crit node between duelist and ranger further cements this, as do the sword nodes compared to basically everything else.
Hope they bring *some* viability to melee that isnt dual wield, especially with swords.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Sadface.

I did my Disfavour cyclone impale bleed champion and got him to 90, its ok but not more.
Bleed is worthless in a 30 aps meta, crimson dance might as well not exist, attack speed > everything else, ever, period.
2Hand is dead except for godlike rolls on a rare.
Dual wield is, and will continue to be, the only "viable" choice if your goals are higher than "get to 90 somehow" which pisses me off ever since they introduced flat damage on jewels (Abyss?) which killed every melee weapon that wasnt already dead.
Except for fads of molten strike juggernauts with dual maces. Which is still dual wield.

The dual-wield crit node between duelist and ranger further cements this, as do the sword nodes compared to basically everything else.
Hope they bring *some* viability to melee that isnt dual wield, especially with swords.

actually, i believe you'll find that melee was fixed a few patches ago

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Fixed and then oh god we made cyclone too goodadjusted shortly afterwards. Please use strike skills. Pretty please

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've determined that I'm going to take my own advice and roll a Champion Impale Cycloner. I had written off the league after my ice nova experiment failed miserably and was all set to quit and play other games. I had planned on rolling a cycloner as my league starter next league. Then I looked over at my currency tab and saw I had approximately 110ex.

gently caress it, we'll do it live.

edit: or maybe something like a Frost Blades Raider. Frost Blades usually has poop single target damage but w/ Savior being 100% more I think the power of money might win out.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 18, 2020

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Yolomon Wayne posted:

mate facebreakers still use shields

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I've determined that I'm going to take my own advice and roll a Champion Impale Cycloner. I had written off the league after my ice nova experiment failed miserably and was all set to quit and play other games. I had planned on rolling a cycloner as my league starter next league. Then I looked over at my currency tab and saw I had approximately 110ex.

edit: or maybe something like a Frost Blades Raider. Frost Blades usually has poop single target damage but w/ Savior being 100% more I think the power of money might win out.

Fast As gently caress did frost blade berserker as a currency sink this league and it was stupidly powerful

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

mate facebreakers still use shields

only because you cant offhand a weapon with an empty mainhand.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

only because you cant offhand a weapon with an empty mainhand.

Can't you do it if you void out your mainhand by not meeting the requirements anymore?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Off-hand for dual wield benefits, he means.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Vasudus posted:

I’d love a trip report if you end up doing frost blades. It’s one of my all time favorite skills and I’m sad that it’s mostly garbage now.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Is there anything that keeps track of what atlas boss dudes I've killed and at what watchstone level?

I'm lost in that I just randomly ran maps, ended up with like 10 or 11 stones and have no idea how to progress

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Someone did frost blades as a starter I can't remember who. It loving crushed all content afaik. Not even a lot of currency spent.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Malaria posted:

Is there anything that keeps track of what atlas boss dudes I've killed and at what watchstone level?

I'm lost in that I just randomly ran maps, ended up with like 10 or 11 stones and have no idea how to progress

whypick1 posted:

If you mouseover the storage bar on the left of the Atlas, it will tell you: 1) which watchstones in that area have been claimed and 2) how many watchstones you need to have socketed in that area to summon that conqueror*. Socketing a watchstone doesn't magically transform the maps you're running into higher tiers, it simply exposes more of the Atlas and raises the Awakener level for each sector that has all 4 watchstones socketed.

The "endgame" cycle of spawning Sirus follows the post quoted at the end here.

*Red = Baran the Crusader (life/mana drain area guy), Green = Al-Hezmin the Hunter (poison snake guy), Yellow = Drox the Warlord (banner guy), Blue = Veritania the Redeemer (bird lady)

RossCo posted:

So this is what I have been doing (which may not be the best thing, but has cycled me through a good number of awakeners):

[0]: Starts from neutral state. Either just killed Awakener or used last Awakener portal.

[1]: Run higher tier maps (14+) until a conqueror appears and taunts you
[2]: Run ANY TIER maps from the region which is now highlighted. Running a map involves going into the map and killing an undetermined amount of mobs, but I usually clear 3-5 screens worth.
[3]: Once you have 2 taunts after the initial appearance (To be clear: 1 appearance in a T14-16, 2 appearances in whatever maps you want to run in the region) which takes 2..X maps run the Conquerors map from Zana
[4]: While {Conquerors_Killed<4} Goto [2]
[5]: Kill or die to Awakener
[6]: Goto [1]

I have been launching my low tier maps with white Zana quests so that I can buy any cheap maps from her while the portals open.

My Conqueror levels are normally 81 so I get good loot from those.

Currently my main beef with the system is the 2..X part, I would rather it take longer to get the initial appearance of the Conqueror but then have a set number of maps to get the boss fight, as opposed to the current "Run maps, have them not appear, start to doubt your sanity" arrangement.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

:kimchi:

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Thank you!

Now I kinda get it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

out of all the conquerors I feel bad about Al-Hezmin the most, dude just seems mostly lost and confused at what happened to him

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

frajaq posted:

out of all the conquerors I feel bad about Al-Hezmin the most, dude just seems mostly lost and confused at what happened to him

I like Al-Hezmin's lore... he kept grinding Uber Elder for items and alienated all his friends by turning into an rear end in a top hat min-maxer. That's the actual canon according to Zana.

Speaking of rear end in a top hat min-maxers, someone help my lazy rear end out with a build suggestion: What is the fastest overall clearing (with like 200% or more movement speed) build I can get online for like a 3 ex budget?

So many build guides exaggerate DPS or budgetness and it's a chore to slog through all the PoBs to figure it out. Looking at poe.ninja and sorting by DPS (and filtering out people who use Headhunter or cheat PoB with gems like Berserk) seems like the highest damage skills were:

Cyclone
Ice Shot
Arc
Storm Brand
Blade Vortex

Out of those which one would have me tearing through maps with the most run speed? Seems like either Ice Shot (because I could use Queen of the Forest) or Blade Vortex or Storm Brand (because I'm not stopping to cast often, and could chain-cast Phase Run as I run around).

Are there any other ways to cheat out crazy movement speed? I know some of the Kitava speed runs somehow use Leap Slam to traverse the map, and some Necros have a pretty snappy Shield Charge, but can those really beat chugging flasks with QoTF + Phase Run / Elusive?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

3ex isnt much for a bow character. maybe like icicle mines.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Someone in chat tonight mentioned that they removed Jun's dialogue about Zana (in which she says she has a crush on her). They didn't change it or anything, they just straight up removed it. Jun has nothing to say about Zana anymore.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

3ex isnt much for a bow character. maybe like icicle mines.

The first video that came up for Icicle Mines had "Hand Destroying" in the title so that's not gonna work for me since I'm already wearing a brace for RSI lol.

Fister Roboto posted:

Someone in chat tonight mentioned that they removed Jun's dialogue about Zana (in which she says she has a crush on her). They didn't change it or anything, they just straight up removed it. Jun has nothing to say about Zana anymore.

Yeah I caught that like the day the league started. The original lines were cute if a little hamfisted (in as much as it seemed like oversharing that she tells you she wants to go adopt kids with Zana, like one step at a time there lol). But the only non queer-erasure reasoning I can see for removing it now, specifically, is because Sirus has a crush on her and maybe they didn't want Jun's incidental crush competing with Sirus's plot-driving crush.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Jun has terrible people skills.

It really sucks that they removed that, because gay erasure, but also as it's basically the only thing apart from her family during the Mastermind fight that makes her even the slightest bit human.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

There's a GGG reddit post where they said that the removal was accidental and they gonna patch it back in once more pressing issues are dealt with. That was around Christmas though, so who knows

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
They actually didn't remove it from the game at all. I think it's a bug with the new Zana questline in Metamorph because Jun still has her line for Zana if you log into a standard league character and talk to her in your hideout. Whether or not it actually is up to GGG, but given they had literally all of the interesting lore bits for each Conqueror not actually ship when the league started, I wouldn't be surprised if some dialogue options being missing from various masters was put on the 'very low priority' part of the bugfix totem pole.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah I guess it's because the condition for you meeting Zana has changed and they forgot to update the check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so when they converted the masters over i ended up with like 40 million favor and thought theres no way ill ever use that. now im looking at these hideout showcases and they use like 10+ million in decorations each lol.