Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In latest "the 🥑 millennials 🥑 are ruining everything traditional :qq:" news, the full english is apparently under attack.

e: People born in 1993 reject the black pudding and smash avocados on everything, which is why they can't afford houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The article says that he refuses to date women under 35 and I'd say its because nobody under the age of 35 watches home counties detective shows unless they're visiting the grandparents and he looks like Worzil Gummidge got kicked through a hipster barber shop.

Powerful divorced dad energy coming off this tory prick.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I enjoy the one where the person who is not in a field of employment that one would typically associate with being a detective solves entirely predictable crimes presented as mysteries against some kind of bureaucracy from their superiors and occasionally with the assistance of the local constabulary.

I'm also partial to the one where the small county village has a per capita murder rate higher than El Salvador.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

I enjoy the one where the person who is not in a field of employment that one would typically associate with being a detective solves entirely predictable crimes presented as mysteries against some kind of bureaucracy from their superiors and occasionally with the assistance of the local constabulary.

I'm also partial to the one where the small county village has a per capita murder rate higher than El Salvador.

“It is my belief, Watson, founded upon my experience, that the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside.”
- Sherlock Holmes. (yeah, I know, Arthur Conan Doyle actually).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Of course, that's where Tories live.

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

e: People born in 1993 reject the black pudding and smash avocados on everything, which is why they can't afford houses.

This deeply disturbs me: the black pudding is the best part. That said my staple breakfast is oats and coffee so maybe the celtic side coming out.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

In latest "the 🥑 millennials 🥑 are ruining everything traditional :qq:" news, the full english is apparently under attack.

Millennial articles are the new 'X prevents cancer' articles.
In the 2000s every few weeks you would see 'X PREVENTS CANCER HOLY gently caress' articles in all the tabloids. Still do occasionally now.
From beer to chocolate, it all helped stop cancer.
Turns out the 'research' is always funded by the makers of said product. I remember Cadbury were caught doing this.

From your article, the research group is called Ginger Research.
Who is a client on their website: https://www.gingercomms.com/comrades-2/

HEINZ.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Is haggis really a common part of a Scottish breakfast? I thought it was, like, Lorne sausage and stuff.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Who else read "under attack" in Ewan Macgregor's voice from Angels & Demons?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Who funded all the X CAUSES CANCER articles?

And what kicked off the MILLENNIALS RUINING thing? There seemed to be a lull in outright generational warfare between the 'Gen X/rave generation' paranoia and this, the 'Chavs/hoodies' fear of the 00s was more explicitly class based.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

The oldest millennials are turning 40 this year. I have to imagine that these articles are going to look fantastically out of touch rather quickly

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

The oldest millennials are turning 40 this year. I have to imagine that these articles are going to look fantastically out of touch rather quickly

Millenials will forever be the generation after the current one making up most of the media, just like boomers will forever be the generation before the one making up most of the internet. I (born 1975) have been called a millennial more than once by people on Facebook, and more than one of those have actually described themselves as boomers (and talked lovingly about National Service) despite being born in the late 60s at the very earliest.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1218862726933549056?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Millenials will forever be the generation after the current one making up most of the media, just like boomers will forever be the generation before the one making up most of the internet. I (born 1975) have been called a millennial more than once by people on Facebook, and more than one of those have actually described themselves as boomers (and talked lovingly about National Service) despite being born in the late 60s at the very earliest.

When I specifically ask people what age they think of when they hear the word 'millenial' they almost always say 18-25. They have fixed the year 2000 in their heads as the approx birth year of Millenials.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The service for rich old white men who want to gently caress young people has distanced itself from Sugar Daddy dot net.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

Who funded all the X CAUSES CANCER articles?

PR firms for corps at the time. Just like this Ginger PR firm.
It was easy tabloid fodder, it easily filled up a column and would make people read them out of fear.
It was an ad pretending to be news.

I remember reading how they were caught out, can't remember where.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DailyMailUK/status/1218867687071285251?s=19

At least he's a loyal nonce.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
okay but what secret message is that brooch sending?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Comments are actually surprisingly good.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Azza Bamboo posted:

"My son loves to gently caress children, and I don't care"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Azza Bamboo posted:

Epstein non occidere se.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the paedophocracy is a term used by people who study deep state politics to describe one form of coercion and control exerted by powerful elites over their peers and society. by engaging in child abuse and protecting each other through the use of murder, threats, intimidation and media smear campaigns when these crimes are exposed, the ritualistic abuse and torture of children serves to cement the bonds of elite capitalist society and reinforce class solidarity.

examples:

the westminster dossier
jimmy saville
the latvian care system scandal
the franklin ring
marc dutroux

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Azza Bamboo posted:

"Send Children. The souls for me, the bodies for Andrew"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
raping kids is standard royal behaviour unlike marrying a woman of colour

anyway lmao

https://twitter.com/TwisterFilm/status/1218634932551065601?s=20

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

From the replies:

So that's what Mike has been up to since the election.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the nice old lady who doesn't get involved in affairs of state is sending a very clear message that rape victims don't matter, child trafficking and abuse doesn't matter, and her and her class are untouchable. wonderful country.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

They are already staggeringly out of touch given that they're almost always rich twunts complaining about people going without luxuries in an economy where they can barely afford rent.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/AndyHa_/status/1218883629255925760

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Here's a nice bit of Royal-to-commoner interpretation from that article:

quote:

Line-by-line: What the Queen said and what she meant in her statement

1 'Following many months of conversations': The opening line begins with a bombshell, revealing that Harry and Meghan have been discussing their exit from royal life with the Queen and other senior royals for longer than the public expected.

The couple announced their intention to step back as senior royals on January 8. In a statement the Duke and Duchess said: 'After many months of reflection and internal discussions.'

2 'My grandson and his family': The Queen highlights her personal bond with Harry and refers to him as her 'grandson' emphasising her role as not just the monarch but also his grandmother.

The word 'family' appears four times in the statement which relates to the Royal Family and the family unit of Harry, Meghan and Archie.

3 'Much-loved members of my family': The Queen hits a personal note by emphasising how Meghan, Harry and Archie will always remain 'much-loved' members of her family.

The statement has a deeply personal tone with the use of three 'I's' and three 'my's' throughout its five paragraphs.

4 'The Commonwealth': The Queen expresses her gratitude for the work Meghan and Harry have contributed to 'the Commonwealth and beyond'. Meghan and Harry wish to pursue an independent life in Canada, another Commonwealth country.

5 'Particularly proud': The Queen pays tribute to Meghan and praises how quickly she has become part of the family. This is in light of how many feel the Queen has every right to be unhappy with the way the Duchess has behaved.

6 'My whole family's hope': Here the monarch speaks as a head of the Royal Family as a whole, putting aside her personal feelings for the greater good.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 19, 2020

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
Andrew deffo maintains the traditions of the Royal Family better than Harry does.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Braggart posted:

Here's a nice bit of Royal-to-commoner interpretation from that article:

This is like watching an episode of Sherlock except even worse and written by people from a different dimension.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

The Deleter posted:

This is like watching an episode of Sherlock except even worse and written by people from a different dimension.

So an episode from the last season then.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's wild that maybe 5 years ago I'd have thought the idea of the world being run by an international noncing club as being on the same level as lizardmen running the world and yet here we are lol.

Alex jones was basically right, he just got the fine details wrong.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

OwlFancier posted:

It's wild that maybe 5 years ago I'd have thought the idea of the world being run by an international noncing club as being on the same level as lizardmen running the world and yet here we are lol.

Alex jones was basically right, he just got the fine details wrong.

yanks were so terrified of a theocratic nonce state taking over that they created the cia to do it slightly more effectively

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The nonce basement was a Pizza Express in Woking.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Dear lord, look at the dates on these:

https://twitter.com/ego_ok4/status/1218685987452325888?s=21

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

I mean thats par for the course for Morgan he's been like this ever since he used to write the Bizarre celeb-spotting column in the Sun. He's always done the "someone begrudgingly let me take a picture shaking hands I'm going to refer to them as if they're my best mate" thing

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The guy who founded Richer Sounds then gave it to the staff is now funding a campaign against zero hour contacts, using the courts if possible.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/19/richer-sounds-founder-bankrolls-push-to-end-zero-hours-contracts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Isomermaid posted:

I mean thats par for the course for Morgan he's been like this ever since he used to write the Bizarre celeb-spotting column in the Sun. He's always done the "someone begrudgingly let me take a picture shaking hands I'm going to refer to them as if they're my best mate" thing

Natalie Rowe (who is generally pretty accurate on such things) reckons he asked her out when he was still doing the chat show in the US and she was a relatively unknown actress, she refused, and he's been basically stalking her ever since.