Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Am I the only one that thought her parents were going to die in an accident in the ep 1 flashback when the mom was picking up the dad from the airport during the typhoon or has stars align broken my brain
I had an uhhhhhhhhh moment, it seemed like an obvious Anime Setup, but out of tone with what I understood the series to be (haven’t watched Stars Align).

Also:
https://mobile.twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1216688325404364806

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
You missed the followup

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1217336836793815040

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/LindaVonree/status/1218425962938937344?s=09

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
In the post-climate change 2050s world, only the greatest arts of the present day are still remembered:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Show status: still delightful and I love it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love bouncy tank

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Goddamn that last sequence.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Goddamn that last sequence.

I just noticed that the girl who fights the tank shows up in the ED.

Which means that the club's anime is probably going to feature a giant robot.

As if I didn't love this show enough already.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
kanamori just plowed through that wall huh

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Down With People posted:

kanamori just plowed through that wall huh

To be fair, it looked like a pretty crappy wall. (And I think she punched through a place it was patched up).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Honestly with rusty and holey the place is it's a wonder the place is still standing.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Just caught up! The weird aesthetic quuality to this is super engaging.

chiasaur11 posted:

To be fair, it looked like a pretty crappy wall. (And I think she punched through a place it was patched up).

Yeah the metal seems to be super thin corrugated sheet metal and rusted to heck besides that. I can totally believe she could bust through if she picked a damaged area to start with.

(She probably should have gotten some scrapes from the metal in doing so but eh meh handwave)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Endcard by Tsukumizu! (Girls' Last Tour)

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
the reason why rust is so problematic is because its soft enough to crumble on its own, which opens up more metal to be attacked. if you find really old iron like asukasas bucket helmet you can wiggle it around with your hands. kanamori is also probably kinda strong. the part thats goofy is coming out of that unharmed because that would probably scratch you the hell up

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Might be corrugated fibreboard in places, less likely to get metal scrapes there. Could even be asbestos.

Dun dun!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

a kitten posted:

Endcard by Tsukumizu! (Girls' Last Tour)

Raccoon dog :3:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I like the little side doodle about spending 12 billion dollars to develop a zero g ramen bowl you can slurp out of. This is a reference to the urban legend about NASA spending millions of dollars developing a zero G pen while the Russians just used pencils. NASA looked into it briefly, decided it wasn't worth it, and then the Fisher Price guy worked it out on his own and gave them the design.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I need a gif of Kanamori standing up from working on that desk. The animation there was so nice for something so small.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I need a gif of Kanamori standing up from working on that desk. The animation there was so nice for something so small.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Perfect thank you. NOw I just gotta get one of her busting down the wall.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Very strong Metal Slug energy coming from that tank. Quite fitting, given Asakusa's passion for animation.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 20, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

It's also a funny thing as it's her realizing she built the desk in front of the door.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/echokyuu/status/1219079238608879619

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Part of what makes Kanamori so fun is that even though she's a greedy jerk, she's also the reason Asakusa and Mizusaki can lock on and hit a target instead of flying out of control and slamming right into the ground.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

"Animating the small natural movements are what I find the most interesting! I don't just want to make anime, I want to make animation!"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

edit:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

That's pretty funny, I wonder what else the artist has on their profil---OHJESUSCHRIST

Show good. I love those 3 gremlins.

Edit: What is an "eizouken"? Is it "film club"?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Motion Picture Club. I don't know why they didn't translate it since I've seen people get the wrong idea from the title.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

7c Nickel posted:

Motion Picture Club. I don't know why they didn't translate it since I've seen people get the wrong idea from the title.

Weeb poo poo, prolly.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Part of what makes Kanamori so fun is that even though she's a greedy jerk, she's also the reason Asakusa and Mizusaki can lock on and hit a target instead of flying out of control and slamming right into the ground.

She's not that greedy a jerk, either. She's willing to compromise to keep the talent happy, as long as the work gets done on time and on budget.

She just wants to be paid for her trouble when she gets in the middle of Asakusa's nonsense, which is pretty understandable considering how much nonsense there is.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

I'd assume because it's also the name of their "studio" so rather than a generic club it's also now a name.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Also because "Keep your hands off Anime Club!" becomes very easily "Keep your hands off, Anime club!" and as gremlin as the girls are, they're still not that bad.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Eizouken is also googlable in a way that Motion Picture Club isn't.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I'd be ok with something like "Hands off our video club!"

https://twitter.com/quaternionxxx/status/1216298787519361024

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 20, 2020

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I like that this one gives Kanamori her signature grimace.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Conot posted:

(She probably should have gotten some scrapes from the metal in doing so but eh meh handwave)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The metal knew Kanamori would bill it for any medical expenses and backed off.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Perfect thank you. NOw I just gotta get one of her busting down the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
reading some manga scans on :filez: type websites (funny thing is that the only chapters that have english scanlations are the ones that got covered in the eps that have aired so far), and this Anime is heavily on the "accurate" end of the adaption scale; each episode covers 2 ~20 page chapters for the most part and most of the outright differences are minor (like the most glaring post-chapter 1 difference is that they didn't include the train passengers thinking to themselves about how tall Kanamori is). probably the most changes are between chapter 1 (which was an extra long ~30 page chapter) and episode 1 (which only covered chapter 1) and even then it's not really extensive, just some stuff expanded on to fill time and the whole pre-intro scene from the ep)