Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mental health is important. Being mean to strangers/celebrities on the internet is bad. I hope Bray feels better, and learns to deal with strangers throwing poo poo he doesn't deserve at him over twitter etc.

But, for the people who want to hate Bray Wyatt.

Remember that in real life he is a full on Lizard Men/Hollow Earth/Chemtrails conspiracy theorist that is stiffing his ex wife on Alimony payments.

Which is worse than wearing a silly mask and wrestling under coloured lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I feel bad for Bray as a performer.

He was seen as a total lost cause, he went off physically trained his rear end off and created a new compelling character that generated a ton of legit buzz then WWE killed two main eventers with one appalling match. I can imagine the frustration and concern about how many great character ideas does he have left to get squandered like this. He's probably keenly aware of his limitations as a worker and how that counts severely against him. Probably feels a bit trapped really, but needs to maintain a social media presence and finds the constant negative feedback grinding.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If wwe performers don’t want to be criticised for participating in dogshit wwe angles they could leave wwe

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Seams posted:

If wwe performers don’t want to be criticised for participating in dogshit wwe angles they could leave wwe

too hard

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Seams posted:

These takes suck. Have you never had a lovely job? There are always people there who get brainwashed and beaten down and think they can't leave, even though lord knows this isn't the only grocery store in the area.

Employers abuse people, and abused people don't feel like they can leave. You might think that makes them stupid, but it's hard-wired programming in humans capitalism has learned to weaponize.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

His child is named Knash Sixx Rotunda.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Seams posted:

Sure you can, in five years plus the time you spent injured!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

His child is named Knash Sixx Rotunda.
Are you loving kidding me?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

These takes suck. Have you never had a lovely job? There are always people there who get brainwashed and beaten down and think they can't leave, even though lord knows this isn't the only grocery store in the area.

Employers abuse people, and abused people don't feel like they can leave. You might think that makes them stupid, but it's hard-wired programming in humans capitalism has learned to weaponize.

multi-millionaires are not the same as grocery baggers, hth

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Are you loving kidding me?

He also cheated on his high school sweetheart and refused to pay alimony and child support for his other kids

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Low Desert Punk posted:

Perhaps not, but the general manager of a grocery store can absolutely be a Vince McMahon, and that's the actual point being made here.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Perhaps not, but the general manager of a grocery store can absolutely be a Vince McMahon, and that's the actual point being made here.

The point is that money actually changes this situation quite a lot.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Low Desert Punk posted:

WWE has plenty of people locked up in NXT making mid 5 figure salaries

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I have sympathy for performers in terms of their working conditions, travel costs and all that jazz but not so much when it comes to participating in bad creative and then moaning about criticism.

And yeah earning main event level money gives you a level of financial security that a minimum wage grocery bagger doesn’t have.

Seams fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 19, 2020

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

nobody grew up watching mike h. from the piggly wiggly bag groceries and wishing they could be like him one day, though.

it's definitely not a perfect metaphor, but having a little empathy for people who are probably trying to live their dreams, and are even more likely dealing with the reality that those dreams are souring before their eyes seems fair. lovely employers have all kinds of ways to keep employees on the hook.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I agree that one should not direct negativity towards performers where they could read it

which is why I will never say a bad word here about Kane

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Performers being underpaid by several millions of dollars are still victims, even if they're millionaires. Actors on in SAG are paid SO much more.

They're not management.

Never side with management.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Performers being underpaid by several millions of dollars are still victims, even if they're millionaires. Actors on in SAG are paid SO much more.

They're not management.

Never side with management.

They could unionize there’s nothing stopping them

Well except for the fact the majority of wrestlers are gently caress you got mine pieces of poo poo until there’s a problem that affects them personally

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Also a million anti-labor laws on the books.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Isn't it an 'all-or-nothing' situation when it comes to unionizing? Like, don't you have to have a certain majority on board before you can start a union?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I just read that Baron Corbin has tattoos of dead people all over his body, which grant him great and terrible powers. He must be bored out of his mind.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

last page, and this is definitely just me, but this looks like someone put two cardboard cut outs next to one another.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

Vandar posted:

Isn't it an 'all-or-nothing' situation when it comes to unionizing? Like, don't you have to have a certain majority on board before you can start a union?

you need 50% of the relevant group of employees to sign guild cards. or you can trigger a vote with cards from 30%, and then a simple majority in the vote.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

a big fat bunny posted:

last page, and this is definitely just me, but this looks like someone put two cardboard cut outs next to one another.

Not just you, I thought someone 'shopped Batista's head onto someone else poorly, the lighting is all weird

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1218713774158299136

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress bray, I don't give a poo poo about his mental health

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

:goonsay:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

after getting this done he moonsaulted off of the hospital roof in celebration

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The annoying thing about Charlotte is she's one of those people that takes every criticism as an attack, and she'll never take any of it to heart. Which hey fine she doesn't need to. Her attitude and the WWE are a great match and she'll continue to have a Hall of Fame kind of career in their bubble.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wrong thread?

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://twitter.com/SrJaialai/status/1218403834629971968

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1218776381003304962

https://twitter.com/meowdyxyall/status/1218792675127840768

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1218216658982047751

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/Sienna/status/1219009387001532421?s=19

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

He also cheated on his high school sweetheart and refused to pay alimony and child support for his other kids

Been fair to him, a Judge made the insane ruling that the spousal and child support payment should be $14,735/month. Do we know how that saga resolved? Not sure there was an update in the last 2 years.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 20, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wazzu posted:

Been fair to him, the Judge made the insane ruling that the spousal and child support payment should be $14,735/month. Do we know how that saga resolved?

If you’re a rich dumbass that lets the judge decide your child support payments, you deserve what you get.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Pay for your kids, scum

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

after the cartoon hammer clown gimmick fails bray should get a fathers rights gimmick and feud with a family court judge played by elias

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

The follow up is just as great

https://twitter.com/SrJaialai/status/1218406736039743494

Nick Gage :allears:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Nick Gage is for the children.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Takesoup/status/1219092415815905280?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

:agreed: