Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Is it dangerous or bad for your health or just you got too hosed up? He said it felt like he was having heart problems but has no issues with his heart.

Still seems like anxiety and too much poo poo. Probably just needs to not get hosed up, heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Holy poo poo that is so expensive and dumb. Annnnnnnnd they sold out.

For reference: You can get a single 10mg oil capsule for $1.50-3.00 CAN

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

vandalism posted:

I have a friend who got high after a long time of not smoking, like 10 years. He said he did an edible and then a few hits off a vape pen. The edible was a store bought gummy (10mg) and the vape was cookies and cream.

He said that later on he felt really hosed up... heart pounding and feeling like it was skipping beats, shaking, cold and hot, etc. Chest pounding and all that.

It sounds like a panic attack or anxiety. Looking at the news about this, it seems that edibles are more apt to result in weird side effects than smoking. Sucks. Anyone have any experience like this?

Does the same thing happen when they eat broccoli?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Jascum posted:

Does the same thing happen when they eat broccoli?

Uhh... not sure but I don't believe so...

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

vandalism posted:

Is it dangerous or bad for your health or just you got too hosed up? He said it felt like he was having heart problems but has no issues with his heart.

Still seems like anxiety and too much poo poo. Probably just needs to not get hosed up, heh.
it can make your heart pound like a motherfucker at almost any movement, combine that with panic/anxiety for a bad time. if he's got no other problems with his heart, he'll be alright (+some respect for the gummies).

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

piratepilates posted:

I ended up going to the friendly neighbourhood cannabis store after work and picked up one of these kits: https://ocs.ca/products/trainwreck-redee-510-thread-vape-kit

seems like an alright price and comes with a battery, so hopefully I can use this with other cartridges until I figure my poo poo out and get a better battery.

I took a pull from the concentrate pen the same way I would for a desktop vape for flower. nearly coughed a lung out and couldn't breathe properly for a few minutes. these things are scary and enticing, like a fine weed sports car. 9/10, will try again.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

vandalism posted:

He said that later on he felt really hosed up... heart pounding and feeling like it was skipping beats, shaking, cold and hot, etc. Chest pounding and all that.

It sounds like a panic attack or anxiety. Looking at the news about this, it seems that edibles are more apt to result in weird side effects than smoking. Sucks. Anyone have any experience like this?

yeah i dont think any of this is a "weird side effect" sounds like your friend got too high due to the tolerance break and freaked himself out. i mean 10 years you might as well be reseting to the first time you ever get high, and that can be intense

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

one time my mom got a bunch of rick simpson oil in gel caps from the guy she was buying weed from and she gave me one. i let it sit around for like six months then one day i took it and felt like i was having a heart attack and was conscious but couldn't lift my arms or open my eyes for 2 hours.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Hell Yeah posted:

one time my mom got a bunch of rick simpson oil in gel caps from the guy she was buying weed from and she gave me one. i let it sit around for like six months then one day i took it and felt like i was having a heart attack and was conscious but couldn't lift my arms or open my eyes for 2 hours.

Sweet christ that is terrifying...

A+ would take again?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Hell Yeah posted:

I can never get edibles this strong lol.

Sounds awesome.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

vandalism posted:

I have a friend who got high after a long time of not smoking, like 10 years. He said he did an edible and then a few hits off a vape pen. The edible was a store bought gummy (10mg) and the vape was cookies and cream.

I've had edibles do that when I took too much. It's just a panic attack because you're getting too deep in your own head about how the weed, something that won't kill you, feels like it's killing you. Really shouldn't be jumping in that deep after 10 years.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I don't know if I'm making them wrong or not but for me edibles seem to do very little save for really messing me up getting out of bed the next day. I want to try some of these really strong ones see if they do anything.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah that happens when I don’t take enough. I just get tired. You may be like me and need a major dose. I’m gonna take like 3-4 grams today before a concert and see how it rolls.

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

Should be getting weed tonight :stoked:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

vandalism posted:

Sweet christ that is terrifying...

A+ would take again?

i didn't much enjoy the paralysis. otoh i was only on weed, so i knew the whole time i would be ok, and it wasn't that scary. edibles can have very powerful effects, but there is not a single recorded case of someone dying from taking edibles. your friends fine just maybe go a little easier next time. and personally i would avoid those pens and just smoke or vape flower or take edibles.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah pens are kinda garbage, my lungs have been loving me since I stopped using them.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my favorite vape was a hose style one with a ceramic filter, that sat on my desk which sadly broke while i was moving. but the downside it was not remotely portable

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The extra strength Betty’s Eddies definitely gave me the “oh god I’m dying and also going through an existential crisis” effect so I would recommend them to anyone who wants it.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah if your not having an existential crisis all day every day your doing it wrong.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm in Vancouver domestic airport and have 6 hours to kill what is the closest place that will gently caress my poo poo up on your legal turbo-weed?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Laserface posted:

I'm in Vancouver domestic airport and have 6 hours to kill what is the closest place that will gently caress my poo poo up on your legal turbo-weed?

Go look for one of those cannabis disposal bins and hope to get lucky

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Existence is a crisis

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Weed has actually been extremely important in breaking past a lot of old trauma and bringing about personal growth, but yeah it would be cool to get extremely baked and just giggle instead of experiencing positive disintegration on a regular basis. :shrug:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

piratepilates posted:

2mg a square, now that's a scam right there. I guess the initial regulations are 10mg per pack, and everyone jacks up their prices like an rear end in a top hat. stick it to the man by buying (or growing) your own flour and making some butters or oils.

I order from a MOM and get a 300mg bar with 20mg per square for $15 - $20 CAN and it isn't wrapped in ridiculous packaging.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Got sent this picture from a friend and I'm incredibly interested in THC transdermal patches. Holy poo poo.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Zipperelli. posted:

Got sent this picture from a friend and I'm incredibly interested in THC transdermal patches. Holy poo poo.

gently caress. Yes!

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

piratepilates posted:

can someone give me a rundown on what I need to do to get going? I'm pretty lost

510 threads are standard for carts. You just need a good battery or two to thread them into. Ideally you should get a battery where you can adjust the voltage. I got a couple basic pen style ones from a local vape shop for $12 each. If you go into a vape shop and ask about 510 thread batteries they should be able to help you. Most shops seem to carry stuff for concentrate use these days

I've had a ccell Silo for about a year and it's my sturdy little battery to put in my pocket. You can't adjust the voltage on it, but it's otherwise a nice discreet and long lasting battery to have. You can't really go wrong with the ccell batteries

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

I want one many of those THC dermal patches.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
way back in the day when I would get super loving high every time I smoked, I used to keep a clock app on my computer with really big digital numbers so I could count out my heart rate and be sure I wasn't dying

it kind of worked in keeping me from freaking out, at least

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Zipperelli. posted:

This is the purest form of entertainment, just outright putting a patch on your body that makes you feel how you want to feel.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Zipperelli. posted:

This sounds like one of the most entertaining possible ways to completely blow your tolerance.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
On edible chat, I'm getting a choco bar from my buddy in Mass tomorrow and I'm not familiar with dosing. I am a frequent smoker but I never get turbo smoked, is 10mg a good starting dose?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Smoking + a good amount of bourbon has been my go-to for months now and legalizing made it cool to just walk around my back yard with a bowl and that owns.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'm wondering if my documented chronically elevated eye pressure is enough to get me a medical card for glaucoma. Probably not. :sigh: Michigan has a pretty short list of qualifying conditions and that's the closest I can get.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hirayuki posted:

I'm wondering if my documented chronically elevated eye pressure is enough to get me a medical card for glaucoma. Probably not. :sigh: Michigan has a pretty short list of qualifying conditions and that's the closest I can get.

Lol what the gently caress, glaucoma is like the OG medical weed excuse, it's the second one listed on Michigan's medical weed "what disease do I need" site. You could probably get a recommendation from your actual doctor, get on the phone you nihilist

seriously click this it's the second one, after cancer

E "chronic pain?" "Severe nausea?" Dude you're so in

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah, but it's not technically glaucoma. Yet.

Maybe "Dr. Ganja" at the local dispensary can massage it into something.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Zipperelli. posted:

I don't think these actually get you high? Or do they? I just saw some at my dispensary.

Picked up some mid level sativa. Clerk was pushing the real high grade stuff but I decided to go slightly cheaper.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Communist Toast posted:

On edible chat, I'm getting a choco bar from my buddy in Mass tomorrow and I'm not familiar with dosing. I am a frequent smoker but I never get turbo smoked, is 10mg a good starting dose?

10mg is probably fine if you have some tolerance, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Hirayuki posted:

We live in a corrupt capitalist society so you can get it even if you don't meet the criteria. There is absolutely a corrupt nurse or doctor that will give you a prescription regardless, just so long as you have enough money for the "consulting fee". Before legalization that is how I got mine, and the receptionist was nice enough to give me a pamphlet of what medical issues qualify and what symptoms to report to the doctor if I didn't have a valid medical diagnosis and still wanted medical-grade weed. I think it was $25 for the consultation fee and $25 for the medical card. Note though: said doctor did lose his license for a year after there was an investigation into suspicious activities by him and they found over twenty safety deposit keys in the trunk of his car and he couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation of why he had them.

For your case though, eye pressure symptoms and glaucoma is *the* diagnosis for getting prescribed cannabis, outside of AIDS and cancer. Try it anyway!