Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

love too use 25lb plates so it looks like more weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

brugroffil posted:

Owning guns apparently makes you dumber

Only if you want to gently caress them

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
/pol/ is already amping itself up for a FALSE FLAG HAPPENING tomorrow so they’re already mentally getting out in front of a chud shooting cops/antifa/a dog/etc

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Bobby Digital posted:

okay, see i wasn't sure, but it did look like those were not the 45s :lol;

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Wohl is a doubleturd but he's not wrong?

https://thedoctorweighsin.com/when-it-comes-to-health-muscle-mass-matters/

quote:

The review showed that people with less muscle mass had more surgical and post-operative complications, longer hospital stays, lower physical function, poorer quality of life and overall lower survival.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

okay, see i wasn't sure, but it did look like those were not the 45s :lol;

my gym has some of those plates, they’re definitely not 45s

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

People who are in shape are healthier, finds groundbreaking new study.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/TorComun/status/1217886143062081536

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Just because he said something that isn't technically wrong doesn't mean he's right

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Bobby Digital posted:

A dude that scrawny definitely isn't deadlifting 405 with a double-overhand grip, lmfao. I'd say he had friends help him lift it but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any friends. Also, why are the plates on the end discolored? I know gyms don't always have only one type of plate, but given his history of pathological lying, I wouldn't be surprised if they're photoshopped on

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Claire_Voltaire/status/1218693958848507904?s=20:qq:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

lol is he resting his junk on the bar?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber posted:

VA's gonna dump about a million cops on it and a storm is coming through so I'm betting on a nothingburger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpFqazvT9HU

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

I have this sneaking suspicion he used 25 pound bumper plates instead of the standard 45 pound plates.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mrs. Dash posted:

I have this sneaking suspicion he used 25 pound bumper plates instead of the standard 45 pound plates.

I suspect he used 1 pound novelty weights on a 10 pound bar.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Member just told me about this thread. We had members ( an just general VA comrades) still wanting to go even after we said no, don't. So that's why the old tweet said please be careful. Newer ones are more specific, inc the statements.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

always looking forward to these every year:

https://twitter.com/hamiltonnolan/status/1218960402052276224

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

His tiny company, Clearview AI, devised a groundbreaking facial recognition app. You take a picture of a person, upload it and get to see public photos of that person, along with links to where those photos appeared. The system — whose backbone is a database of more than three billion images that Clearview claims to have scraped from Facebook, YouTube, Venmo and millions of other websites — goes far beyond anything ever constructed by the United States government or Silicon Valley giants.

> we scraped all of our data from facebook
> facebook doesn't have anything like this

lol, no way. this is script kiddie poo poo, i'd bet money there've been multiple implementations of software like this for decades.

Kit Walker posted:

If a presidential candidate ever runs on the platform of giving the death penalty to anyone who ever works on developing this kind of bullshit privacy-destroying technology, I'd vote for them in a heartbeat. It's utterly insane that we as a society let this poo poo continue developing and encroaching further on our rights
this was the explicit purpose of the internet. eventually it got papered over with "hacker culture" Wired bullshit, but the internet was initially built by three-letter agencies to make collating surveillance data easier.
"Surveillance Valley" is a good book about this

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/betacuck4lyfe/status/1219007121263452160?s=21

cool

cool cool cool

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If there aren’t leftist groups demonstrating there, who are the nazis planning to shoot? Pedestrians?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Bobby Digital posted:

yeah i'm glad someone else caught it lol

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
BMac have you heard or posted about Tiny getting probation yet?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

If there aren’t leftist groups demonstrating there, who are the nazis planning to shoot? Pedestrians?

Each other, while shouting ANTIFA

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i get that the false flag/antifa infiltrators narrative is meant to absolve them after the inevitable violence, but I can’t help but think it might actually cause some friendly fire between chuds, many of whom hate each other almost as much as they hate antifa

inshallah

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also i am garak in this but instead of operating the defiant's computer i'm posting on the forums

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SalishBlackFlag/status/1219010609406046208

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Ah yes, nothing like going shirtless at the gym so you can share your ringworm and staph infections with everyone else.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i get that the false flag/antifa infiltrators narrative is meant to absolve them after the inevitable violence, but I can’t help but think it might actually cause some friendly fire between chuds, many of whom hate each other almost as much as they hate antifa

inshallah

This is exactly the kind of situation where an accidental discharge could get out of control very fast, particularly if the cops show up loaded for bear.

I really, truly, genuinely hope that tomorrow passes over with nothing happening beyond a bunch of protests.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I hope chuds kill each other but that no humans are harmed.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

on the one hand, this seems really really bad, like some dark stuff is brewing

on the other hand the base arrests show that the authorities are trying to be proactive here, and the cops really do seem like they're going to show up in a no-nonsense mood. this is also reminding me of the 8/4/18 portland rally-- i was really scared heading into that that some dark poo poo would pop off, but it ended up fizzling.

it's gonna be below freezing all morning and barely above in the afternoon. maybe that'll keep some of the nuts away? i guess some precipitation was too much to hope for.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

What's happening tomorrow is the logical continuation of the kind of unhinged civil war rhetoric that's been floating around the right wing media sphere for a good long while, and which really ramped up in the aftermath of the 2018 election. If it didn't happen now, it would have happened somewhere else pretty soon, and it probably still will.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Azathoth posted:

This is exactly the kind of situation where an accidental discharge could get out of control very fast, particularly if the cops show up loaded for bear.

I really, truly, genuinely hope that tomorrow passes over with nothing happening beyond a bunch of protests.

My best case scenario is the cops and boomers with expensive guns opening up on each other but I'm pretty bloodthirsty as far as it goes.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
going well

https://twitter.com/TheQueerCrimer/status/1219058074129960961

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I won’t be sad if there’s no violence, but if we get some video of a couple chuds having their internal organs ventilated, I will for sure watch and not be sad about that either.

Considering my background as an Imperialism Scout and then my subsequent life journey, I’ll I don’t THINK saying something that mild publicly should land me on any more lists.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

LonsomeSon posted:

I won’t be sad if there’s no violence, but if we get some video of a couple chuds having their internal organs ventilated, I will for sure watch and not be sad about that either.

Considering my background as an Imperialism Scout and then my subsequent life journey, I’ll I don’t THINK saying something that mild publicly should land me on any more lists.

Can always take the 'muh religious freedom' angle and invent new gods to make it 100% okay to perform astronomical rituals to invoke an extremely localized GRB, or pray for every nazi on the planet to shoot themselves in the dick/etc

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

this seems ominous

Facebook posted:

From my sources, these are the hotspots in RVA tomorrow. The stars indicate areas where white nationalists intend to gather and hold ground. The squares indicate law enforcement roadblocks. The major protest looks to be taking place in front of City Hall (marked by the circle)

Not marked on this map but also areas of concern:

The "Rumors of War" monument in front of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts may draw a fascist presence with the aim of defacing or damaging the statue.

There will be Flaggers at the Lee Memorial on 1700 Monument Ave.

A large group will be parking at Willow Lawn Shopping Center and taking buses to capitol grounds. Another group is parking at 3001 N Arthur Ashe Blvd.

Several maps I've looked at indicate escape routes being planned through the North East quadrant of this map. If things get super violent, you'll want to head South East to get avoid running into large groups of scared fascists.

You probably want to stay off of Bank Street as there's going to be a ton of law enforcement with the road blocks, and I've seen some reports of Proud Boys planning to make a push there.

If you haven't been in a protest that's gone bad before, think very carefully about heading up for this one.

Now why would gun rights protesters want to deface a completely unrelated statue of a black man? :thunk:

I live a short-block from the Jeb! Stuart monument and I hope the Flaggers stay at Lee.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The sad thing is that if there is violence, it won't put a stop to the the RWM screaming that lead to it. They're either too invested in the grift or are complete true believers themselves so they'll turn themselves inside out trying to excuse the chuds for the blood they split.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Youth Decay posted:

this seems ominous

Now why would gun rights protesters want to deface a completely unrelated statue of a black man? :thunk:

I live a short-block from the Jeb! Stuart monument and I hope the Flaggers stay at Lee.
where is this from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

animist posted:

> we scraped all of our data from facebook
> facebook doesn't have anything like this

lol, no way. this is script kiddie poo poo, i'd bet money there've been multiple implementations of software like this for decades.

obviously they're not the only ones who have it, but to the best of my knowledge they're the only ones offering it up to people like paul nehlen. even facebook isn't stupid enough to do that, altho as the article mentions, peter thiel is on the board of facebook and funded this company