Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

kinetic77 posted:

Hey all. My company actually made it a full year. Lol. Here is the poster for our next event for any interested Goons PM me for a discount.

Finally, a goon that knows the importance of flyers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

Good looking card. Chris Bey could be the next big star to come out of the West Coast Indie Scene. Slice Boogie is really good too, he's a beast. Book Starboy Charlie!!

Oh I’m gonna book Starboy. He’s. High up on the wish list.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Two big shows this week

GCW's Just Being Honest is on FITE this Friday at 11PM Eastern:
Gringo Loco vs Arez vs Eli Everfly vs JJ Garrett vs Adrian Quest vs Slice Boogie in a scramble
Blake Christian vs Mystery opponent (was going to be Rich Swann but he's hurt and not cleared for shows this week)
AJ Gray vs Chris Bey
Joey Ryan vs Jimmy Lloyd
Tony Deppen vs Mance Warner
Chris Dickinson vs David Starr
Nick Gage vs Matthew Justice
Rickey Shane Page vs Effy

Beyond's first show of 2020, Please Come Back, is on IWTV this Saturday at 2PM Eastern:
Orange Cassidy vs Dan Champion
Chuck O'Neil vs Brian Pillman Jr
Josh Briggs vs Jake Something
John Silver vs Eric James
Solo Darling vs Jakob Hammermeier
Bear Country (Bear Boulder and Bear Bronson) vs the REP (Dave McCall and Nate Carter)
Anthony Greene vs Little Mean Kathleen
Willow Nightingale vs Jaden Valo
Whatever It Takes (Alex Reynolds and VSK, with Mark Sterling) vs Maine State Posse (Aiden Aggro and Dangerkid)
Kris Statlander vs Mystery opponent who's being revealed on Beyond's social media sometime tonight

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Chris James 2 posted:

Beyond's first show of 2020, Please Come Back, is on IWTV this Saturday at 2PM Eastern:
Bear Country (Bear Boulder and Bear Bronson) vs the REP (Dave McCall and Nate Carter)
Whatever It Takes (Alex Reynolds and VSK, with Mark Sterling) vs Maine State Posse (Aiden Aggro and Dangerkid)
Kris Statlander vs Mystery opponent who's being revealed on Beyond's social media sometime tonight

Please Come Back is the show where each regular beyond guy hand picks an opponent who isn't a company regular, right?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lamuella posted:

Please Come Back is the show where each regular beyond guy hand picks an opponent who isn't a company regular, right?

the only other time it was run afaik it was a half priced show with a bunch of first timers after a bunch of regulars left for the performance center

It was Statlanders first official Beyond match though she had been on WWR before

not sure about the hand picked part

not half priced this time though

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

I think you're right, and like OJ said was Statlander's first official Beyond match and *maybe* the first time I saw her. Probably the first time for a lot of folks and she blew me away.

Fuckin' stoked to see Dan Champion getting the Orange Cassidy match. He's a lot of fun.

Kind of bummed there isn't more female representation on the show, though.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

Fuckin' stoked to see Dan Champion getting the Orange Cassidy match. He's a lot of fun.

He and OC are friends and have worked each other three other times I know of - their matches are always fun.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CombineThresher posted:

He and OC are friends and have worked each other three other times I know of - their matches are always fun.

Yeah, we have some mutual friends as well which makes it more exciting for me. A friend of mine back in PA does a lot of merch printing for folks in/around that area and promotes the "Let's Hang Out" shows every few months. Gotta be pretty fun for him to see this match pop up again in Beyond after he put it together in a (mostly) dead mall a few months back.

Wrestling is weird and great.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, we have some mutual friends as well which makes it more exciting for me. A friend of mine back in PA does a lot of merch printing for folks in/around that area and promotes the "Let's Hang Out" shows every few months. Gotta be pretty fun for him to see this match pop up again in Beyond after he put it together in a (mostly) dead mall a few months back.

Wrestling is weird and great.

Oh, the LVAC guy? He used to co-run a show space in Bethlehem and is super nice. I think he has ties to Square of Opposition Records, too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CombineThresher posted:

Oh, the LVAC guy? He used to co-run a show space in Bethlehem and is super nice. I think he has ties to Square of Opposition Records, too.

Yup, he runs Square of Opposition as well. Really solid dude who really seems to be hitting full stride with all of the irons he has in the fire right now. Couldn't be happier for him!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yup, he runs Square of Opposition as well. Really solid dude who really seems to be hitting full stride with all of the irons he has in the fire right now. Couldn't be happier for him!

Glad to hear it! And yeah, the OC/Champ mall match is really fun for those who haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Sg07F-UiA

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I'm a huge fan of nontraditional wrestling promoters/promotions getting stuff up and running. One of my current favourite promotions is Flying V Fights, because it's a weird Maryland theatre company who just decided they were going to do a wrestling show too.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

RealFoxy posted:

Finally, a goon that knows the importance of flyers

Warms my heart

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CombineThresher posted:

Glad to hear it! And yeah, the OC/Champ mall match is really fun for those who haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Sg07F-UiA

Wish I was still around there for this stuff. The bastard didn't start doing these shows until after we moved to Texas!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

Two big shows this week

GCW's Just Being Honest is on FITE this Friday at 11PM Eastern:
Gringo Loco vs Arez vs Eli Everfly vs JJ Garrett vs Adrian Quest vs Slice Boogie in a scramble

JJ Garrett is great and is a regular at my local indie. We call him AC Slater and he's a funny loving heel.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Chris James 2 posted:

Been looking forward to this since it was announced, it's right down the road from me at Patriot's Place in Foxborough, MA. MSP is a lot of fun to watch, glad they're getting their Beyond break.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm assuming Oswald Project if off the Beyond show because he's been advertised for a while now

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

He's still listed on the website. Him and Kris are the only announced wrestlers that don't have a booked match yet and none of Beyond's social media has mentioned Oswald Project being off the card.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Seems like a weird alien who is learning the ways of wrestling would be a perfect mystery opponent for a weird alien who has learned the ways of wrestling.

(Oswald Project is an alien, right? Or is he a Weird Science kind of creation? I've only seen him a couple of times but he's definitely got some "fish out of water" gimmick)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oswald was made in a lab

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ah, okay. I think he still fits as a good opponent for our beloved alien overlord.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

the only other time it was run afaik it was a half priced show with a bunch of first timers after a bunch of regulars left for the performance center

It was Statlanders first official Beyond match though she had been on WWR before

not sure about the hand picked part

not half priced this time though
The opponents are picked by the regulars. Multiple tag teams tried picking The Rep.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/bwbProWrestling/status/1219435254051745792

Will tape 3/1 in Melrose MA.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1219459814151073793?s=19

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Oh gently caress.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

God drat

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

A very good reminder that I needed to buy tickets.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Melrose is an excellent venue and I hope to see you guys there

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Holy loving poo poo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Filthy Father v Murder Grandpa

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

kinetic77 posted:

Hey all. My company actually made it a full year. Lol. Here is the poster for our next event for any interested Goons PM me for a discount.

Reitterating again- this is one of the better wrestling posters I've ever seen. Like I'd hang that and not feel ashamed (which most poster miserably fail at). Do you sell posters as merch?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are there any rumors of where WM will be held next year? I'm thinking I might head wherever it is and catch a bunch of cool-rear end indie shows and pretend WWE doesn't exist.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Are there any rumors of where WM will be held next year? I'm thinking I might head wherever it is and catch a bunch of cool-rear end indie shows and pretend WWE doesn't exist.

Last I remember, it was either going to be the new stadium in LA or the new stadium in Las Vegas.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Bought my Bloodsport ticket literal seconds after they posted that tweet. Can't wait to see the dirty daddy beat the poo poo out of the gruesome grandpa. I can only really afford two days in Tampa and really wanted to catch FREEDOMS on Saturday but there's no way I could pass this up

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

BLOOD SPORT!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Not to be hyperbolic or anything but right now definitely feels like the hottest and most robust Indie wrestling has ever been right? No matter who leaves for brighter lights it seems like there is always someone immediately ready to step up and take their spot. I absolutely love it.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

i wasn't too hot after bloodsport 2 but god drat bloodsport 3 is lookin' good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm mad that Killer Kross vs Batista isn't happening. Killer Kross is a loving chump.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dj Meow Mix posted:

i wasn't too hot after bloodsport 2 but god drat bloodsport 3 is lookin' good

This is technically Bloodsport 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Curious, is Warhorse actually good? I'm enjoying his twitter schtick, but haven't seen him wrestle.