Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with the new dragon ball game. It's got lots of mindless collecting and side quests which is a plus for me, and the semi open worlds are well designed with interesting little things to look at. I think anyone with nostalgia for dragon ball would like it, my only complaint is it glosses over a lot of the more detailed elements of the story, I don't imagine someone who isn't already familiar with the beats would see the story as coherent at all.

is that the karakot one? I saw the title but I hadn't really heard anything about it. How different is the gameplay from the Xenoverse games?

btw this Space 1999 is BATSHIT. They blew up the moon!!

coconono fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

coconono posted:

is that the karakot one? I saw the title but I hadn't really heard anything about it. How different is the gameplay from the Xenoverse games?

I've only played the old xenoverse games but it's pretty different, combats like a simplified version of final fantasy 15.

It's not a great game but it's been a good time killer for me, I also got it from a christmas gift card but i'd realistically pay 30-40 for it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

coconono posted:

It keeps getting better from there, too. There's a cavalcade of British actors (including BRIAN BLESSED, who amazingly enough is not the most shouty actor in the episode he appears in), and right now I'm watching an episode that features a straight-up Lovecraftian tentacle monster.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

coconono posted:

A perfect thing to say in a post about dbz

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm having a blast with Kakorot. It's just deep enough to enjoy the gameplay loop an d holy poo poo is it gorgeous. It's my favorite outside of fighterz.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Everything is officially 100% set up. New machine LET'S GOOOOOO

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Go see 1917. It good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Magic posted:

Go see 1917. It good

Yeah, outside of the technical achievement of it all (which is incredible) it's also got a really strong emotional core to it. Definitely worth watching.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I can't watch WW1 stuff after listening to how horrifying the conditions got in parts. Just listening to a description made me want to vomit.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
lol this football game

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

I can't watch WW1 stuff after listening to how horrifying the conditions got in parts. Just listening to a description made me want to vomit.

Oh yeah, the movie doesn't shy away from some very horrifying imagery so you'd probably not have a great time watching it :(

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

There is some horrific stuff in the movie but it’s not gratuitous. It is (appropriately) soldiery; it’s there and everyone knows it but it’s not lingered on either.

That said there’s some really gnarly images

Like jfc when they’re in that ditch and there’s a skeleton that’s just sticking out of the dirt, goddamn.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, outside of the technical achievement of it all (which is incredible) it's also got a really strong emotional core to it. Definitely worth watching.

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1218957515439783936

Behind a spoiler since I haven't seen the movie and don't know if it contains one or not

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's just a (very funny) joke :)

With the bodies, I think the most horrifying thing for me was realizing that at some point they all just started to fade into the background. Not just for me, but for the main characters as well. At first they (and the viewer) recoil every time they see a dead body, by the end one of the characters is swimming through dead bodies jammed up against a riverbank and at first you don't even notice that is what he is doing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm in a stupid amount of pain every day and I've been through procedure after procedure and I need it to loving stop and it just won't and I can't complain on Facebook or I'll get "well have you"d to death, and it's so bad right now that I can't leave walking distance of my house and I never talk about it with anybody and I'm always lying about it and tonight is just... it's rough.

If you're not in so much pain, please don't take it for granted.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Pain loving sucks and I'm sorry you have to deal with it.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

That loving sucks man.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm gonna dip out. I forgot how toxic and mean this place is. I will miss certain folks here but... I'm so much happier off this forum. It's become a negativity circlejerk and I'd personally rather not.

It sucks that I am choosing to leave now that folks like me are finally being accepted on this forum, and I'm glad everyone else feels safer here. There's still along way to go but I love all of you and proud of your fight. I'll keep doing it on my side because I know you're doing it on yours :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have had a rough time being bullied in that most negative of threads, and kicked in the genitals afterward while asking for help. you will be missed greatly.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
post the goatman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I'm gonna dip out. I forgot how toxic and mean this place is. I will miss certain folks here but... I'm so much happier off this forum. It's become a negativity circlejerk and I'd personally rather not.

Come back whenever you like, but you're absolutely right to do what makes you happy and avoid what doesn't, it's good for you!

Now speaking of things that are bad for you, I watched the first episode of the new version of Dracula and..... oof. Yeah, as a big fan of Moffat and Gatiss this is a bizarrely not good show, and I heard it only gets worse.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Subat > Dracula

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gotta admit that this:

coconono posted:

oh yeah, and the rich sometimes boyfriend of the reporter lady's dad fakes his own death to announce he's taken on a young bride. Like with a burning plane and everything. The whole family shows up and he pops out of the wreckage, makes a speech, then presents his bride(who is accompanied by a dancing troupe). It is positively insane.

Sounds extremely loving great.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It sucks that I am choosing to leave now that folks like me are finally being accepted on this forum, and I'm glad everyone else feels safer here. There's still along way to go but I love all of you and proud of your fight. I'll keep doing it on my side because I know you're doing it on yours :)

I don't know if you'll see this but you know how to find me, right buddy?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Who was being lovely/toxic to this poor goon? :(

If you like wrestling come to the sumo thread. We are cool and enjoy fat people shoving each other and are welcoming of everyone.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Man so I am watching a season 3 episode of Poirot and they are saying “Chinaman” (Asian slur) like every other sentence, goddamn dudes

holy poo poo they find a piece of the culprit’s robe and a loving GONG goes off in the soundtrack. Poirot why you doing this to meeee

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

David Lynch working with Netflix gets me excited, I’d love another feature film from him, The Return was some of the most interesting poo poo ever put on US television.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I need to catch up on that "new" short, it was made a few years ago but the fact it is up makes me hopeful there are plans for something new. The Return was legit absolutely loving incredible and episode 8 is probably the best single episode of a television show ever made.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mekchu posted:

Who was being lovely/toxic to this poor goon? :(

If you like wrestling come to the sumo thread. We are cool and enjoy fat people shoving each other and are welcoming of everyone.

If I had to guess, it was probably in either the NXT or WWE thread. FFS everyone here calls WWE the Big Trump Fundraiser and while I do understand why, there's an element of "If you watch WWE and enjoy anything about it you're a fascist" and there has been on this sub for probably a couple years now. It started with the Saudi Arabia shows existing and has just gotten worse and worse as more of the people who choose not to focus on those things re: wrestling (in many cases because we get enough of it from other sources and use it as an escape) have chosen to avoid the threads if not leave the sub altogether. I've posted about WWE on this forum probably five times in the last year. There's a reason for that.It's not because I don't watch. It's even worse because a lot of the anti-WWE posters know what I do with my life and loving trust me, I'm not on board with WWE's politics, but people still gave me poo poo all the time and treated me like I was blind to the horrible aspects or flat out wrong for wanting to post about a wrestling show in a way that wasn't "LOL THIS SUCKS, BLOOD MONEY BOOTLICKERS TRUMP TRUMP NAZIS".

This concludes my post about posts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This thread is a positive place for people to talk about stuff other than wrestling (and especially not to talk about posting) and be nice to each other, so let's stick with that please.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

This thread is a positive place for people to talk about stuff other than wrestling (and especially not to talk about posting) and be nice to each other, so let's stick with that please.

Sorry, just wanted to answer the question but probably should have PM'd instead. My bad boss.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I can't stay mad (or get mad) at ya, Foochs :glomp:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I can't stay mad (or get mad) at ya, Foochs :glomp:

I PM'd you a thing you'll likely enjoy :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry for bringing it up. Just seems weird cuz even tho thebUFC thread will sometimes mock someone for dumb posts we aren't ever viscerally mean about it etc so its odd to hear "this place is toxic."

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
there’s enough emotional vampirism and killjoy poo poo in this sub that i would call it “depressing” but not really toxic.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The most toxic stuff on this subforum are the people here saying that Cats was bad and that people shouldn't see it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Cats has James Corden in it, nobody should go see it for that reason alone

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bustopher Jones is the voice of our generation

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

The most toxic stuff on this subforum are the people here saying that Cats was bad and that people shouldn't see it

:agreed:

Only reason Cats wasn't my fav film of December is because I was lucky enough to see Little Women too

oh well i never, was there ever a cat so clever as Magical Mister Mistoffelees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i am READY for the emma movie. it is my favorite jane austen novel and the clothes look fabulous and emma is the worst character ever.