Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

forkboy84 posted:

HM
19/1
NJPW Fantasticamania Night 7
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
CMLL Heavyweight Title
Satoshi Kojima vs Ultimo Guerrero (c)

Just fun times.

Nth why not

It was just a solid show from top to bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Boco_T posted:

HM: Nate Webb vs Ricky Starks - GCW Take a Picture 1/18
Excellent comedy match. They spend 5 minutes in the ring before any wrestling starts, they go all around the building, and you see a bare rear end. What more could you want?

Boco_T posted:

MOTYC: Nick Gage vs Allie Kat - GCW Take a Picture 1/18
Death Match Allie Kat owns

Nth to these and also:

HM: Alex Zayne vs Chris Bey - GCW Take a Picture 1/18

Those two tore the house down live and were nearly injured by people not moving their chairs for dives.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Go Shiozaki vs. Kaito Kiyomiya, NOAH NEW SUNRISE, 1/4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh1g_XFcmd0

very close to a MOTYC for me

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Jake Lee vs. Kento MIyahara (c), Triple Crown, AJPW New Year Wars, 1/3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XUM1bqZjfo

Check this out ASAP. Kento's the single best wrestler outside of New Japan right now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Technically this was last year but I didn’t see any love in the previous thread for it so I just wanna say that everyone should watch Roderick Strong vs. Austin Theory from the Dec. 25 episode of NXT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Momo Watanabe vs Mayu Iwatani from Stardom 1/19.

A packed house and a tremendous match. Go watch it, it's up now!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

2nd Mayu/Momo even though it wasn't the best match on the show

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Momo Watanabe vs Mayu Iwatani from Stardom 1/19.

A packed house and a tremendous match. Go watch it, it's up now!

3rd

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Utami Hayashishita vs. Arisa Hoshiki (c) for the Wonder of Stardom Championship - Stardom 9th Anniversary (1/19)

It's up on Stardom World so go watch it now

https://twitter.com/ashiken0204/status/1218754652209995777?s=19

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Nth to Mayu/Momo and Arisa/Utami

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
20/1
NJPW Fantasticamania Night 8
NWA World Historic Middleweight Title
Caristico vs Barbaro Cavernario

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Utami Hayashishita vs. Arisa Hoshiki (c) for the Wonder of Stardom Championship - Stardom 9th Anniversary (1/19)

It's up on Stardom World so go watch it now

https://twitter.com/ashiken0204/status/1218754652209995777?s=19

Am I blind because I was looking for this last night and could not find it.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

HM
19/1
NJPW Fantasticamania Night 7
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
CMLL Heavyweight Title
Satoshi Kojima vs Ultimo Guerrero (c)

Just fun times.

nth!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

white belt just went up this morning i think

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Deathlove posted:

HM: Kylie Rae vs WARHORSE, Black Label Pro Nobody Puts BLP In The Corner, 1/18/2020

Meant to Nth this. Match is awesome.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hikaru Sato vs. Susumu Yokosuka, AJPW World Junior Heavyweight, New Year Wars, January 3

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Lana/Lashley vs Rusev/Liv, RAW 1/20/20

I don't think you'll find a more pointless and stupid main event in any other promotion. Hell, WWE will have to try and make a more pointless match than this. Also Lana loving sucks in the ring.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't think you'll find a more pointless and stupid main event in any other promotion. Hell, WWE will have to try and make a more pointless match than this. Also Lana loving sucks in the ring.

Second. Jesus Christ that was bad.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, this match was bad and accomplished absolutely nothing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

HM
20/1

I'll second this.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

forkboy84 posted:

HM
20/1

Nth

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HM: 1/18 BLP Nobody Puts BLP in a Corner: Kylie Rae/WARHORSE
HM: Jason Cade/Jonathan Wolf, same show
MOTYC: Erick Stevens vs Filthy Tom, same show

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Erick Stevens fuckin owns and if there isn't a movie based on this comeback within a decade that'll be a shame

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

forkboy84 posted:

HM
4/1
Pro Wrestling NOAH NEW SUNRISE
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
GHC Jr Heavyweight Title
HAYATA vs Yoshinari Ogawa

2nding this, greatest carryjob I've seen in a while. Ogawa loving killed it.

forkboy84 posted:

HM
4/1
NOAH New Sunrise
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
GHC National Title
Takashi Sugiura vs Masa Kitamiya

You like thicc lads slugging each other and exchanging dangerous looking suplexes and poo poo? Then this is a match you'll enjoy

MOTYC
4/1
NOAH New Sunrise
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
GHC Heavyweight Title
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Go Shiozaki

I strongly recommend you get this watched.

Nth both of these.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nthing HM for Ogawa/HAYATA and seconding it being the greatest carry job ever. Also Nthing MOTYC for Go/Kaito

Sugiura/Masa kind of let me down tbh.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Barbaro Cavenario, Euforia, & Negro Casas vs. Caristico, Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Tiger Mask, FantasticaMania 1/19

Just a fun trios match.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

MOTYC: Nick Gage vs Allie Kat - GCW Take a Picture 1/18
Death Match Allie Kat owns

I'll HM this.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Endless Mike posted:

I'll HM this.

Nth on the HM.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

In the year 2020, technology has advanced to the point where not only can I access a number of television stations for a fee via a tiny computer that doubles as a phone, but I also can use this program to record an unlimited number of shows to watch anything their air at any time, within prescribed time limits.

I used all of this societal advancement to watch this match, and it sucked poo poo. Nth this nomination, and may God have mercy on us all.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

There's no other place to put this and this isn't a nomination or anything but I watched a ROH show from 2004 earlier, Survival of the Fittest & the main event is a 6 man elimination match with Austin Aries, Bryan Danielson, Colt Cabana, Homicide, Mark Briscoe & Samoa Joe. They all had to win qualifying matches to get here. It takes less than 20 minutes for everyone to get eliminated (Cabana gets a sneaky roll-up on ROH Champ Samoa Joe, Briscoe pins Cabana, then Briscoe lands a German on Homicide but can't hold the bridge & the ref counts both their shoulders as down which is a bit silly, but leaves us with 20+ minutes of Aries vs Danielson and it loving rules. Danielson is just back from Best of the Super Juniors, Aries has been on 5 ROH shows before this one (including a Do or Die preshow match that barely counts) but he looks great. Danielson is Danielson. Dude does a bear hug in the biggest workrate promotion in the world, in front of deeply cynical smarky Philly fans & it gets over. He's so loving good. If this was 2004 I'd do a MOTYC for this but alas. But anyway, just thought it was worth singling this match out because it's surprisingly great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgbdHdDSIc8 if you have a spare 42 minutes and happen to be curious about early Joe & Bryan or 2004 ROH or just good fun wrestling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Jurassic Express vs. #StrongHearts, AEW Dark, 21/01

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rarity posted:

Yeah, second

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Going to second this. Very very good fun.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

One Nth for me, please!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

5th. Very fun.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

There's no other place to put this and this isn't a nomination or anything but I watched a ROH show from 2004 earlier,

jsyk there is the Underdiscussed Matches thread from last year, which amazingly isn't dead yet and could use a bump tbh

Venomous fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 22, 2020

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Venomous posted:

jsyk there is the Underdiscussed Matches thread from last year, which amazingly isn't dead yet and could use a bump tbh

Wow thanks for this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

There's no other place to put this and this isn't a nomination or anything but I watched a ROH show from 2004 earlier, Survival of the Fittest & the main event is a 6 man elimination match with Austin Aries, Bryan Danielson, Colt Cabana, Homicide, Mark Briscoe & Samoa Joe. They all had to win qualifying matches to get here. It takes less than 20 minutes for everyone to get eliminated (Cabana gets a sneaky roll-up on ROH Champ Samoa Joe, Briscoe pins Cabana, then Briscoe lands a German on Homicide but can't hold the bridge & the ref counts both their shoulders as down which is a bit silly, but leaves us with 20+ minutes of Aries vs Danielson and it loving rules. Danielson is just back from Best of the Super Juniors, Aries has been on 5 ROH shows before this one (including a Do or Die preshow match that barely counts) but he looks great. Danielson is Danielson. Dude does a bear hug in the biggest workrate promotion in the world, in front of deeply cynical smarky Philly fans & it gets over. He's so loving good. If this was 2004 I'd do a MOTYC for this but alas. But anyway, just thought it was worth singling this match out because it's surprisingly great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgbdHdDSIc8 if you have a spare 42 minutes and happen to be curious about early Joe & Bryan or 2004 ROH or just good fun wrestling.

At the time this was a very well regarded match and led to Gabe getting the idea to do the Danielson/Aries match at Testing the Limit which originally was supposed to be like a 3 hour draw or something stupid, but instead was just an hour + best of 3 falls match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

At the time this was a very well regarded match and led to Gabe getting the idea to do the Danielson/Aries match at Testing the Limit which originally was supposed to be like a 3 hour draw or something stupid, but instead was just an hour + best of 3 falls match.

I am dreading that match coming up. 75 minutes seems excessive. Even when he was a good booker Gabe sure had some silly ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm cross-posting this from the lucha thread, but Cubs Fan has posted his top lucha matches of 2019.