Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

great new episode from citations needed, tho on a personal note i kinda wish they mentioned that dumbass nasa guy who built the glitter/fart box to punish "porch pirates"

it perfectly encapsulates exactly why amazon and law enforcement have been able to capitalize on our lack of "community", because it's not just coming from them. the media we consume is gleefully normalizing vigilante justice and the construction of our own panopticon and we eat it the gently caress up.

it doesn't matter that the nasa guy was outed as making it up the first time, he had hired a bunch of people of color to be "porch pirates" and steal his dumbass fart box. when he was discovered, he doubled down and made a new video that got just as much media exposure wherein he loving doxes a "thief" and then in a hilarious feat of social engineering, mails a bunch of brochures addressed to him to all of his neighbors in his conservative texas community revealing he's gay and has aids. it's sickening and received almost no scrutiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

felix has the most endearingly awful taste in music, he's always posting absolute poo poo on his instagram

THS
Sep 15, 2017

God Hole posted:

then in a hilarious feat of social engineering, mails a bunch of brochures addressed to him to all of his neighbors in his conservative texas community revealing he's gay and has aids.

haha what

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

God Hole posted:

great new episode from citations needed, tho on a personal note i kinda wish they mentioned that dumbass nasa guy who built the glitter/fart box to punish "porch pirates"

it perfectly encapsulates exactly why amazon and law enforcement have been able to capitalize on our lack of "community", because it's not just coming from them. the media we consume is gleefully normalizing vigilante justice and the construction of our own panopticon and we eat it the gently caress up.

it doesn't matter that the nasa guy was outed as making it up the first time, he had hired a bunch of people of color to be "porch pirates" and steal his dumbass fart box. when he was discovered, he doubled down and made a new video that got just as much media exposure wherein he loving doxes a "thief" and then in a hilarious feat of social engineering, mails a bunch of brochures addressed to him to all of his neighbors in his conservative texas community revealing he's gay and has aids. it's sickening and received almost no scrutiny

poo poo :stare:

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

I need help finding two podcasts. One they mentioned on the second-to-last episode of Eat the Rich--it was a podcast that talks about late stage capitalism and the like

The other someone mentioned in a thread on here. Their most recent episode was a dive-in on why Warren sucks and I think features some Twitter/SA folks.

Anyone remember either of these?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"What is the most you ever won in a price fixing scandal" lmao

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

THS posted:

haha what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_TSR_v07m0&t=1s

i can't embed this video for some reason, but the "prank" starts at 11:30. gotta love vigilante justice that incites violence from your neighbors!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

THS posted:

haha what

yeah what the gently caress i missed this part

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Listening to It Can Happen Here while this poo poo is happening in Virginia is an uncomfortable experience

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

yeah what the gently caress i missed this part

it was in the sequel he uploaded last month, featuring wacky celebrity cameos by Macaulay culkin

love 2 get my neighbors literally murdered for yoinking a $150 speaker

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

dope

https://twitter.com/CHAPOTRAPHOUSE/status/1219382701926625281

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i have no idea who these people on this chapo are.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
lol will menaker is sooo billy quizboy

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

this poo poo sucks. talk about bad tweets you loving grifters whats this TMZ poo poo, gently caress. unsubscribed.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The chapo boys are allowed a stinker every once in a while.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

this poo poo sucks. talk about bad tweets you loving grifters whats this TMZ poo poo, gently caress. unsubscribed.

as soon as they start talking dumb bullshit just delete the ep, this goes for every podcast

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
delete the ep but do make sure to watch the angry music promoter video they mentioned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha7smLPz2GY

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I finally gave up at like 47 minutes. I haven't seen the movie and don't watch basketball. I have no idea why it took me so long.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
remember that terrible politics fiction book reading they did as a promo for a friend lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lot of philistines itt mad they weren’t talking about some dumbass politics poo poo

get a life losers :smug:

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
rampant starfucking and I <3 NY bullshit all the way through. unlistenable

still better than that amber interview with the musician tho

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
good thing some actual content dropped today

https://twitter.com/E1podcast/status/1219415823523221508?s=19

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
this Chapo interview rules you cretins

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hell yeah

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i haven't listened yet but the safdies are good

Chasterson
Aug 16, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnEdgelord posted:

Listening to It Can Happen Here while this poo poo is happening in Virginia is an uncomfortable experience

The dude who does that podcast is the dumbest person alive, in 2015 he was talking about how people aren't noticing that Trump actually is pro welfare but "for black people", and that actually he'll reinvigorate the "inner cities", turning rural america against him.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Chasterson posted:

The dude who does that podcast is the dumbest person alive, in 2015 he was talking about how people aren't noticing that Trump actually is pro welfare but "for black people", and that actually he'll reinvigorate the "inner cities", turning rural america against him.

I dont know anything about him personally or what he has said outside of this podcast but two episodes in and the scenarios hes laying out are very compelling so far, we'll see how long that lasts

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Clipperton posted:

rampant starfucking and I <3 NY bullshit all the way through. unlistenable

still better than that amber interview with the musician tho

that poo poo was funny cos he was talking about how guitar rock is the only "real authentic music" in the most insufferable egotistical indie rock way and it was like fam if i hit you with saint abdullah or dalek or haxan cloak or forest swords or any of that raw heavy poo poo you would not be able to handle it, you would cry and piss yourself, sit down son

this post was my way of saying check those artists out

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Chasterson posted:

he has been taken down itt before, and is also a bellingcat stooge

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

gh0stpinballa posted:

that poo poo was funny cos he was talking about how guitar rock is the only "real authentic music" in the most insufferable egotistical indie rock way and it was like fam if i hit you with saint abdullah or dalek or haxan cloak or forest swords or any of that raw heavy poo poo you would not be able to handle it, you would cry and piss yourself, sit down son

i like dalek and forest swords so i'll check the other two out, thanks

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

gh0stpinballa posted:

Was it anything related to his arguments in It Could Happen Here or was it something else he did?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

AnEdgelord posted:

Was it anything related to his arguments in It Could Happen Here or was it something else he did?

iirc it's his weird politics, says he's on the left and stans antifa but also has shitlib takes on ukraine and syria, reckons bush would have prevented the syrian war by intervening directly, thinks the CIA should have done more to arm and train the rebels. generally defaults to trusting US government narratives and after briefly flirting with epstein brain rushed out a confused podcast about why it was definitely suicide and we should all stop questioning it. some suspect bellingcat had a word with him, all speculation ofc.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
more people should listen to chapo-dereks stuff even if it's on substack which is unwieldy to navigate.
https://fx.substack.com/

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

gh0stpinballa posted:

iirc it's his weird politics, says he's on the left and stans antifa but also has shitlib takes on ukraine and syria, reckons bush would have prevented the syrian war by intervening directly, thinks the CIA should have done more to arm and train the rebels. generally defaults to trusting US government narratives and after briefly flirting with epstein brain rushed out a confused podcast about why it was definitely suicide and we should all stop questioning it. some suspect bellingcat had a word with him, all speculation ofc.

Good to know going in, his analysis in It Could Happen Here has been convincing so far but knowing his particular biases will be useful. Ive been listening to Knowledge Fight as well (I have a lot of dead air to fill at work) and I know they know each other and they seem to have similar brain poisoning about syria.

Chasterson
Aug 16, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnEdgelord posted:

I dont know anything about him personally or what he has said outside of this podcast but two episodes in and the scenarios hes laying out are very compelling so far, we'll see how long that lasts

the podcast all comes down to liberal hand wringing about how things are "getting worse", and "people from West Virginia are scary". guy never even touches on why the last civil war happened and how it ended, he doesn't talk about the civil rights movement or the various anti war movements that have happened over the last few decades, he just drops you in the middle of this historical moment and points at Ted Bundy as some new scary thing and not what he is which is a footnote in the ongoing history of this white supremacist country. The armed protests in Virginia are business as usual.

gh0stpinballa posted:

That's pretty interesting, I sorta want to make up an animal in a suit avatar and do a video essay on him because it's wild that iheart radio, the company that owns like half of all radio stations gave him a platform to talk about how america is at the brink of civil war.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gh0stpinballa posted:

If Amber didn't push back on this then she has absolutely no right to complain about other women in New York

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The armed protest in Richmond is an expression of impotence and not of power. The vast majority of those guys came in from out of state and have zero sway in Virginia politics.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

exmarx posted:

i haven't listened yet but the safdies are good

They talked to Paul Thomas Anderson on the A24 podcast. I haven't listened to this Chapo but I can still confidently say that was better than whatever this episode is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Really loved tonight's Episode of Chapo Trap House where two guys quietly reminisced about how they used to be funny. I don't know who these two were and I'm sure they have a rich history of being very comedic and tickling a few funny bones but that was genuinely boring as gently caress.