Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1219319415755460608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

andy reid. you may think you got away with your lie but you should have said two or three cheeseburgers. now i know you really had arby's

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I like how not bullshit the two games were. The better teams were just better.

:ms:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

sean10mm posted:

I like how not bullshit the two games were. The better teams were just better.

:ms:

Not a true devotee of Chaos :argh:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Chiefs/Titans could have gone either way. The Packers were just outmatched, which showed in both of their games against the Niners.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wonder how much Henry's recent workload contributed to his subpar (for him) performance. carrying the ball 30+ times for three games in a row has got to be exhausting

this really made me laugh

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Hate on the Niners for being a dynasty all you want, but they just went from 4-12 to 15-3 in a single season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

indigi posted:

I wonder how much Henry's recent workload contributed to his subpar (for him) performance. carrying the ball 30+ times for three games in a row has got to be exhausting

0 because Henry needs the line to open a hole for him to get to the second level

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How the hell did they ever lose to the Falcons at home?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Thread title should be Ketchup and Mostert :colbert:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

mllaneza posted:

Hate on the Niners for being a dynasty all you want, but they just went from 4-12 to 15-3 in a single season.
1999 Rams did the exact same thing

Nov 6, 2002

mllaneza posted:

They went 4-12 because they lost their starting QB in the third game. They were a better team than that.

By the way has anyone pointed out that this is a revenge game for Jimmy seeing as the last time he played the Chiefs he tore his ACL? :haw:

Nov 6, 2002

Also just remembered Jimmy made his NFL debut against KC in the infamous "they're just not good anymore!" game.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They went 4-12 because they lost their starting QB in the third game. They were a better team than that.

By the way has anyone pointed out that this is a revenge game for Jimmy seeing as the last time he played the Chiefs he tore his ACL? :haw:

I mean, maybe. They opened up that year with a loss against the Vikings where Jimmy threw three picks. Then they just barely managed to defeat the Lions, following it up with a convincing loss to the Chiefs where Garroppolo blew out his knee.

They definitely had some talent lurking on the roster but they weren't great for a lot of reasons, not just Nick Mullens. Bosa, Samuel, Ford and Alexander were critical to their success this season and were all added in the previous offseason.

I agree that maybe they were a better team than their 4-12 record last year, but the turnaround has still been incredible. If they had such a good roster already, more people probably would've picked them as a team that was going to be dominant. Instead most folks thought they'd be extremely lucky to even reach the playoffs with the Rams and Seahawks in the division. Even the biggest 49ers homer never expected this level of success

He knows Richard Sherman doesn't call the plays, right?

Shut up Revis

Strobe posted:

It's this

DBs can't even cover the Chiefs running back lmao. Like there were routinely beat by Damien Williams, the least of their receivers, in the passing game.

It's absurd. They probably have 3 or 4 of the ten fastest players in the NFL on that offense

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Thread title should be Ketchup and Mostert :colbert:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus how many amazing RBs come through Miami lol we’re so bad at using talent

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I really wanted to see Travis Etienne on the chief's next year. loving Dabo conning kids into staying

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Play posted:

It's absurd. They probably have 3 or 4 of the ten fastest players in the NFL on that offense

And the Niners have a couple of the rest of the top ten. What this means is, take the over.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus how many amazing RBs come through Miami lol we’re so bad at using talent

Unfortunately living in Miami drains your energy so they can't be good there. Naked women keep stealing your rolexes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

If there were 4+ gifs in a single post it was most likely you.

Mahomes and Kielce are pretty cool. Tyreek Hill should be in jail. gently caress Frank Clark. Go Niners.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl then we should have a stickied thread where Chiefs fans can post all the GIFs they want.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

The Steelers lost their starting QB in the second game this year and still went 8-8

Hell, the Colts lost theirs in the preseason and went 7-9

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
And the Bears were forced to start Mitch Trubisky in 15 games and went 8-8 too wait they did that on purpose??

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i believe the chiefs will win the superb owl

we know the niners have shown vulnerability to Russell Wilson Bullshit, it makes sense that Patrick Mahomes Bullshit could likewise threaten them

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mega64 posted:

If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl then we should have a stickied thread where Chiefs fans can post all the GIFs they want.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol when he throws TD strikes while running

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Watching the replay of the AFC CG. We were talking about holding flag-gate in the GDT where it looked like the ref threw the flag at the snap on that big holding call where the Chiefs stopped the Titans on third and one. They did only announce a holding call, but I believe the ref did throw a flag for illegal formation or something in that video and then they talked about it and decided to pick that flag up. There was a longish huddle of refs before they said anything.

There was another flag thrown in the middle of the field and the hold itself came on the back-side of the play (away from the ref who threw the original flag).

This has probably already been hashed out somewhere, I was just watching for it to see what happened.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ty gritty for confirming the NFL is scripted

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

I'm okay with things going exactly as they did in the pre-season game, if you are.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

How the hell did they ever lose to the Falcons at home?

every team has games they sleepwalk through

it's easy to forget about in football since there are so few games per season, but in higher volume sports it becomes obvious that there's some fraction of games where everyone takes the night off

like every ten games or so you should expect any sports team to just poo poo itself inexplicably.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
New thread title is much better.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Eric the Mauve posted:

And the Bears were forced to start Mitch Trubisky in 15 games and went 8-8 too wait they did that on purpose??
lmao

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mega64 posted:

New thread title is much better.

Shouldn't it be Catch-up and Mostert?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

PupsOfWar posted:

every team has games they sleepwalk through

it's easy to forget about in football since there are so few games per season, but in higher volume sports it becomes obvious that there's some fraction of games where everyone takes the night off

like every ten games or so you should expect any sports team to just poo poo itself inexplicably.

Also if there's any team that understands shanahan's offense it's the falcons.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FizFashizzle posted:

Also if there's any team that understands shanahan's offense it's the falcons.

And if there's any team that benefited from the 49ers having 5 starters out on defense it was the Falcons. That game was the low water mark for team health. They were in bad shape.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So I don't have Gamepass anymore I can't .gif poo poo. Who giffed chief walking away from flag and where is it posted.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

indigi posted:

this really made me laugh

Probably less than them being down scorewise and unable to run in the second half

Nov 6, 2002

The whole "Jason Garrett is gonna teach young coach the secrets of the HC fraternity" spin is that's coming outta the NY media is really hilarious and reminds me of Favre/Brady/Manning will mentor *garbage QB* and make him an NFL starter.

Maybe Garrett is one of those guys who Peter Principle'd himself and will go back to being a good coordinator, but I think it's more likely the game has passed him by and he and everyone else in that building get fired in two years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The whole "Jason Garrett is gonna teach young coach the secrets of the HC fraternity" spin is that's coming outta the NY media is really hilarious and reminds me of Favre/Brady/Manning will mentor *garbage QB* and make him an NFL starter.

it's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's blindingly obvious which head coaches have agents with media connections and which don't.