Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Pirate Jet posted:

chapos are allowed a vanity episode once in a while, but I’m also allowed to think that particular episode is a I ♥️ NY starfucking borefest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
But also this

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I skipped it but am actually somewhat glad they took a break from the twitterverse newscycle. There's a limit to how much and-then-*she*-said outrage is healthy this early in an election year.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your perfectly valid criticism of the timing of this cringe is indeed valid, and that's ok

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i am listening to the despised new chapo episode and laughing at nyu aum shinrikyo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
chapo can have a little boring, god knows there are worse offenses in this world than using your fame to talk to movie directors about pizza

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

will and matthew have blocked my main and all 7 alts, yes? perhaps you could tell those loafers to put out 2017 quality content correct? yes. i smell burning hair.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Will, Vigil and Amber will survive the transition easily. Virgil and Amber are more than halfway there as it is. Matt will suffer, becoming easily distracted and confused during long, ecstatic discussions of the Armenian food scene in Queens. Given to random, unexplainable outbursts of profanity and violence the rest of the gang will slowly give up on him and eventually hand his seat to veteran podcaster Michael Isikoff, who will provide much needed paternal guidance to the gang's antics. And locked in his room, playing endlessly with a broken controller, gaze fixed upon a blank screen, Felix will finally be free.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

chapos are allowed a vanity episode once in a while, but I’m also allowed to think that particular episode is a I ♥️ NY starfucking borefest

Will also loves LA, so you haven't seen any sort of indulgence yet

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

this episode was more crapo than chapo, jack!

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

if you didnt burn all your chapo funko pops due to how trash this ep was...... just gently caress right off

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
drat can't believe the chapos had to go and break format with another rambling episode referencing low culture

THS
Sep 15, 2017

id be happy listening to the chapos describing their stool. feed me that slop

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

THS posted:

I think this thread introduced me to the concept of groom of the stool so that tracks

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

one of the Dashas described Uncut Gems as "a series of inside-baseball references for NYC Jewish men who love hip-hop and the NBA" and having seen this film and being the polar opposite of that, she's not wrong. also it's merely an okay film and i felt nothing about it not getting any Oscar noms, which OUATIH should sweep.

also I agree that this episode sucked mostly because, once again, I'm not from NY, grew up in a city that hasn't had pro basketball since the '70s and the ABA, and gives zero shits about random NYC characters.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

you'd think the Dashas would be happy with an unflattering portrayal of NYC Jews

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Troy Queef posted:

one of the Dashas described Uncut Gems as "a series of inside-baseball references for NYC Jewish men who love hip-hop and the NBA" and having seen this film and being the polar opposite of that, she's not wrong. also it's merely an okay film and i felt nothing about it not getting any Oscar noms, which OUATIH should sweep.

also I agree that this episode sucked mostly because, once again, I'm not from NY, grew up in a city that hasn't had pro basketball since the '70s and the ABA, and gives zero shits about random NYC characters.

hating 'random nyc characters' yet opening with a quote and reflection on a dasha lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you know, those Midtown characters like Johnny Turgis and James "The Nail" Alfonso

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

[watching once upon a time in hollywood] omg who gives a poo poo about these freaks and has beens, i’m not even from LA

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

you'd think the Dashas would be happy with an unflattering portrayal of NYC Jews

how soon you forget that their preferred dating type is "NYC Jew", and that Anna is dating Eli Keszler who is Oneohtrix Point Never (the guy who did the music for Uncut Gems)'s percussionist

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
now you're just trolling lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Troy Queef posted:

how soon you forget that their preferred dating type is "NYC Jew", and that Anna is dating Eli Keszler who is Oneohtrix Point Never (the guy who did the music for Uncut Gems)'s percussionist

They hate what they know.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

papa horny michael posted:

hating 'random nyc characters' yet opening with a quote and reflection on a dasha lol

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Troy Queef posted:

Oneohtrix Point Never (the guy who did the music for Uncut Gems)'s percussionist

How can a one man computer music project have a percussionist?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol nyc

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

THS posted:

Ah, a fellow Vanderpod listener

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

whole lot of marbles in this hall

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i refuse to watch uncut gems as I am the mortal enemy of all anti-circumcision rights activists, all dicks need to be cut, preferably at the base. smh at all the rubes out there supporting a movie about not cutting your family jewels.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

3/5 no cake-sitting

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

T-man posted:

i refuse to watch uncut gems as I am the mortal enemy of all anti-circumcision rights activists, all dicks need to be cut, preferably at the base. smh at all the rubes out there supporting a movie about not cutting your family jewels.

Lots of Americans thinking a little bit of skin is the cause of all their woes.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1219743674541756416?s=20

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They hate what they know.

this is the best summary of red scare

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

yo what's this beef between liz and the hated sady doyle

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i'm glad sady doyle is still around to be the massive heel of online, nothing like a bit of rush from feeling anger with every tweet from her

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Often Abbreviated posted:

Will, Vigil and Amber will survive the transition easily. Virgil and Amber are more than halfway there as it is. Matt will suffer, becoming easily distracted and confused during long, ecstatic discussions of the Armenian food scene in Queens. Given to random, unexplainable outbursts of profanity and violence the rest of the gang will slowly give up on him and eventually hand his seat to veteran podcaster Michael Isikoff, who will provide much needed paternal guidance to the gang's antics. And locked in his room, playing endlessly with a broken controller, gaze fixed upon a blank screen, Felix will finally be free.

matt will log off entirely after biden gets the nom. he will resurface occasionally to denounce his former co-hosts for increasingly obscure reasons, and in 2025 he will publish a 900-page treatise on political theory that is mostly gibberish

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They can't ever do live shows in the south or Texas because if Felix ever visits San Antonio he won't leave. That's the Good End for Felix, starting his own chain of gyms in San Antonio and living happily ever after

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gh0stpinballa posted:

yo what's this beef between liz and the hated sady doyle

Sady Doyle tried to get Liz Bruenig fired.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

you could even say that Sady's unhinged

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

recently? or just a while ago?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dreylad posted:

recently? or just a while ago?

4 years ago? Continuously? Sady Doyle was just on the war path for the Bruenigs for a long rear end time. I can't even remember what it was over, but she was instrumental in getting Matt fired. It's also why Liz Bruenig has my account blocked, because she had to resort to a blocklist.

e:
https://twitter.com/FrankfurtGhoul/status/1219603304713478144?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 01:08 on Jan 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Unhinged?