Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I fuckin knew it was from that album! Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Enzo claiming something stupid and people going ”yeah none of this happened and will never happen” is the only good Enzo-related thing

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

enzo getting dunked on

then
now
forever

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I know about Enzo and Teddy Hart, but who are the other gigantic shitheads that float around the independents that no one likes? There have to at least a few more.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

TheKingslayer posted:

I know about Enzo and Teddy Hart, but who are the other gigantic shitheads that float around the independents that no one likes? There have to at least a few more.

other than the kid fuckers?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TJP, Elgin, Tessa Blanchard, I mean it all really depends on your definition of shithead

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Low Ki is too busy giving business seminars to be hated by anybody

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah I guess I should have been more specific. I was more going for being a tough to work with jerk instead of outright criminals.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Enzo's story is going to end tragically

I mean not like getting dunked on in social media tragically but like found in a bathtub full of pills tragically

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I wouldn't be sad.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Enzo's story is going to end tragically

I mean not like getting dunked on in social media tragically but like found in a bathtub full of pills tragically

Is the tragedy that it’s not happening on tv? I don’t understand

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TheKingslayer posted:

Yeah I guess I should have been more specific. I was more going for being a tough to work with jerk instead of outright criminals.

Low Ki's stiff and notorious for getting pissy about booking and being difficult. But he also always finds work and gets booked well.

Sami Callihan is an rear end in a top hat who broke someone's nose with a bat and then made it his gimmick. But he actually seems super well liked and seems to get his buddies and proteges work everywhere.

Dan Maff was once blacklisted in the business because he did... something. Story I always heard was he slept with an underage girl who was related to Homicide so he used his influence to black ball the guy. But that has apparently been lifted for awhile, or ROH just doesn't care anymore.

Austin Aries is like Low Ki. Huge diva and mark for himself, but talented and connected enough that he always finds work.

Tessa Blanchard seems like she might be going in that direction. Lots of enemies especially amongst women she shared a locker room with, but also crazy talented and connected so...

Enzo and Cas seem to piss off everyone. Cas somehow got fired from WWE for being too much of a chud or something. I don't even know how that's possible. And Enzo may be the only guy to be cleared of a sexual charge and still get absolutely no vindication from it.

TJP's a douche but I don't get the sense he's especially hated in the wrestling world. I dunno. He's probably a low key version of the Low Ki/Aries/Tessa thing. Not super talented but good enough to counter his douchiness.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Enzo wasn't cleared of poo poo, for the record, they just decided not to prosecute.

Cass getting fired is still so wack. Vince wanted to push him so much. Just imagine how badly he had to gently caress up to get fired when he was that tall. He shot on the little person, he got a writer fired, he destroyed a bathroom door in a bus, he put his hands on Carmella backstage. And this was all in the space of like a month.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
WWE sacrificed Pac on the altar of Enzo and then got rid of Enzo lol

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I didn’t hear about the writer or the Carmella thing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's worth noting that WWE dropped TJP like a hot rock at a time when they're really not releasing anyone that could remotely have a chance to work elsewhere, especially New Japan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I didn’t hear about the writer or the Carmella thing

Cass blew off promo practice during his feud with Bryan and just cut the promo off the cuff. He went long and Vince hated it so much he fired the writer he thought had written it.

One day he went to talk to Carmella backstage. This was after they'd broken up. Apparently, Carmella walked away, Cass grabbed her arm. The Usos and Erick Rowan broke it up and Cass was fired that day.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Don't get me wrong I don't give a poo poo about Enzo and I think he's the worst but I'm saying it's clear his story is going to end abruptly, and probably in the not so far future

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Don't get me wrong I don't give a poo poo about Enzo and I think he's the worst but I'm saying it's clear his story is going to end abruptly, and probably in the not so far future

I hope he gets the help he needs

Bada boom call a therapist to the room

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's worth noting that WWE dropped TJP like a hot rock at a time when they're really not releasing anyone that could remotely have a chance to work elsewhere, especially New Japan.

I have no idea why he got fired or what he did, but like I kind of feel like TJP is the sort of guy who just does lots of douchey poo poo that on the indies people probably roll their eyes at but in a corporate structure might have made him more difficult. I dunno.

I'm definitely not defending the guy. He seems like he sucks as a person. But like, he doesn't seem like he crosses any of the major lines so he always finds somewhere to work.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

Cass getting fired is still so wack.
Enzo put forward the idea (or at least looked like he did, I'm not watching a full interview or listening to him talk) they were aware of Cass' rapidly deteriorating mental health and saw that as reason to fire him. That seems exactly like something Vince would do, his chosen one shows mental problems? Can him for his "weakness" immediately. Touching Carmella is of course a good reason, but they so rarely give a poo poo about bullying and abuse I wonder if Enzo might be right here.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1219661905129689088?s=19

Emi Sakura loves Queen

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It just dawned on me exactly who Enzo reminds me of, Jason "Mayhem" Miller. loving guy just won't go get help and likely ain't long for this world because of it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/bshpkng/status/1219773717393367040

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Emi Sakura sells hard for a table/chair wobble. A true queen of the ring.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/ObserverQuotes/status/1219790834775875585?s=19

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao gently caress gabe so much

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Scott Steiner still gets booked even though he has assaulted several people.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

STAC Goat posted:

Dan Maff was once blacklisted in the business because he did... something. Story I always heard was he slept with an underage girl who was related to Homicide so he used his influence to black ball the guy. But that has apparently been lifted for awhile, or ROH just doesn't care anymore.
Just to add to this, I also don't know what caused the Homicide/Maff riff beyond rumors, but it's not just ROH, Homicide and Maff have reconciled enough that they've been wrestling each other (and sometimes teaming up) since 2015.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

let's check in on GCW Overlord Brett Lauderdale on his thoughts of working with LA Park.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Kenta is the best
https://twitter.com/KENTAG2S/status/1219790635131117574?s=19

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

MJeff posted:

Enzo wasn't cleared of poo poo, for the record, they just decided not to prosecute.

Cass getting fired is still so wack. Vince wanted to push him so much. Just imagine how badly he had to gently caress up to get fired when he was that tall. He shot on the little person, he got a writer fired, he destroyed a bathroom door in a bus, he put his hands on Carmella backstage. And this was all in the space of like a month.

at least big cass destroying the bus dunny door is extremely funny though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Last month they finally got back to releasing people (my boy Luke Harper is free :toot:) but yeah there was a window where they didn’t want to risk losing anyone and still they couldn’t stand TJP enough to keep him for the full duration of his deal lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It’s wild that a WWE tournament involving Kota Ibushi and ZSJ was won by TJ Perkins

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Remember when Big Cass rear end tried to literally murder Joey Janela for no apparent reason at all and had to be shoot KOed in the locker room till the cops got there?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

It’s wild that a WWE tournament involving Kota Ibushi and ZSJ was won by TJ Perkins

WWE's entire plan, I THINK(and am probably way off) was that Kota and ZSJ were gonna be the anchors of the 205 Brand. When it became clear that neither were gonna stick past the tournament no matter what they were offered, that when they got petulant and were like "ok nerds, you like cruisers, here's fuckin TJP." But that mostly hinges on my theory that WWE programming is an elaborate dare to see what poo poo the apologists will go "no you see its actually good that the lovely guy wins"

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

RealFoxy posted:

Even within TJP's bracket, he beat out Johnny Gargano, Rich Swann, Kota Ibushi and Mascara Dorada to win the tournament.

I did forget how he almost immediately lost the belt to Brian Kendrick though, so it's not all bad. This puts him near the bottom of title reign lengths, ahead of only Kendrick, Akira Tozawa, Kalisto (and if you want to extend the lineage, luminaries like Chavo Classic, Oklahoma, Daffney, and Evan Karagias) in terms of time spent with the belt. He's tied with Lenny Lane.

It also puts him ahead of actual luminaries like Ultimo Dragon, Psicosis, Lance Storm, and Raven though.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel bad for Cass because he seems to have really poor mental health. But he also became friends with Enzo after a year of not talking so he might be bad at taking care of his mental health.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

I feel bad for Cass because he seems to have really poor mental health. But he also became friends with Enzo after a year of not talking so he might be bad at taking care of his mental health.

Nah. You can still feel bad for him, that's cool. I'm not tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1219821812378488832
Did Asuka almost die tonight? :ohdear:

Edit: Oh this has already been mentioned in the WWE thread. poo poo's scary. Glad she's alright.