Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

STD wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I’m not sure where to post this, but the idiot isn’t the poster, but the subject matter. Basically, Teddy Hart is dumb and bad. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/errmfm/teddy_hart_has_been_making_fake_fan_accounts_and/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
AEW fans should definitely start tagging more poo poo if it's gonna get this kind of pearl clutching reaction.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm tagging your mom's walls

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Here is the best pearl clutch take I’ve found so far

https://twitter.com/lulilisa2/status/1219705343422484480?s=20

“As a New Yorker”

Actually lives in Weehawken NJ. Keep your tunnel rear end out of this

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh for gently caress's sake, trying to portray it as part of a larger vision for a graffiti-free city.

And you know if it was the other way around the same exact people would argue that it shows the passion of NXT fans.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

graffiti-free is secret code for "whites only"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nah if it was the other way round no-one would care because it's NXT.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Punch McLightning posted:

I’m not sure where to post this, but the idiot isn’t the poster, but the subject matter. Basically, Teddy Hart is dumb and bad. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/errmfm/teddy_hart_has_been_making_fake_fan_accounts_and/

"The John McAfee of Wrestling" is a really great burn on Teddy Hart.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

at least John McAfee has actually done something of note.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

coconono posted:

at least John McAfee has actually done something of note.

murder?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
lol those people would be the kinds to faint on the street right there if a rat crossed their path (which WILL happen to you in a nyc subway)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The rats tend to stay on the tracks and only come out on the platforms if they're deserted or if there's an amount of food available that's worth risking a stomping.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

before the murder, and probably why he ended up being a drug fueled loon, McAfee got quite rich. Teddy Hart sells drugs out of his uber.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gonna go out on a limb and say that this here dude wasn't actually going to ever give AEW a chance.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I flipped through his twitter and its all WWE stuff. I'm not gonna bash the guy for liking the trash company but yeah, he's pretty much in the bag. The bag that gives you brainworms.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The rats tend to stay on the tracks and only come out on the platforms if they're deserted or if there's an amount of food available that's worth risking a stomping.

maybe in midtown. some of them are bold and come out when people are around they just don't care.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cerebral Bore posted:

Gonna go out on a limb and say that this here dude wasn't actually going to ever give AEW a chance.

https://twitter.com/sltdwrestling/status/1219695823174492160?s=21

No, he’s right. If it came out that Cody did in fact do a double murder, at first I would be troubled, but then I would say “But it’s Cody” and go about my day.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who'd this guy kill would be my first question.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
AEW tagged a poster. And I don't know how to handle that.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

On a cruiseship somewhere Ortiz just asked Santana to hide a spray can for him.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
I like how he jumped from "AEW fan did a graffiti" to "BUT WHAT IF CODY MURDERED SOMEONE", as though that was a natural and logical progression to make.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

graffiti-free is secret code for "whites only"

it's not that secret of a code.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I like how he jumped from "AEW fan did a graffiti" to "BUT WHAT IF CODY MURDERED SOMEONE", as though that was a natural and logical progression to make.

He even skipped “murdered someone“ and went straight to 2 to an unknowable number of victims.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I once saw "DX SUCK IT" spray painted in bright green on a Hooters dumpster and that's when I knew that pro wrestling was destroying society in an irreversible way.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

AkumaHokoru posted:

maybe in midtown. some of them are bold and come out when people are around they just don't care.

Yeah, which is why I said “tend” and I live in Brooklyn. I once had a rat decide to chill on the yellow seat next to me on the R train for a few stops until they decided to get off at 45th St.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

just rust posted:

I once saw "DX SUCK IT" spray painted in bright green on a Hooters dumpster and that's when I knew that pro wrestling was destroying society in an irreversible way.

sounds sick

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

coconono posted:

there exist subway posters that aren't graffiti'd on?

Haha yeah that was my first reaction. drat, NYC must have really gotten gentrified if people notice the graffiti. Then I looked it up and found out my city has over seventeen times New York's murder rate, so, uh, drat I guess they really did fancy the place up??

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yes, yes. It is I who truly and sincerely was giving AEW a fair chance but must abandon it because one of its fans defaced a NXT poster on a subway. I just can't stand for that savagery. And this definitely isn't some weird case of me just pulling out some dogwhistles when no one was asking.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/sltdwrestling/status/1219695823174492160?s=21

No, he’s right. If it came out that Cody did in fact do a double murder, at first I would be troubled, but then I would say “But it’s Cody” and go about my day.

I mean... Cody's a heel for doing that but I bet the guys he killed were bigger heels.

Son of Man posted:

Haha yeah that was my first reaction. drat, NYC must have really gotten gentrified if people notice the graffiti. Then I looked it up and found out my city has over seventeen times New York's murder rate, so, uh, drat I guess they really did fancy the place up??

Crime per capita has been on a decline in NYC for like 70 straight years or something.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Glad this cool crime has helped reveal the cops I follow on twitter.

https://twitter.com/adampacitti/status/1219775467441606659

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

STAC Goat posted:

Crime per capita has been on a decline in NYC for like 70 straight years or something.

Wow I didn't know that. I had certainly heard that their crime rate was way lower than what popular media insinuates (and I'm comparing their crime rate to my city, which is notoriously violent), but I didn't know it was such a long term trend. My post is not factually cromulent either; we have statistically proven that the 'broken windows' theory of policing is, as the wwe universe would chant, "bull - poo poo."

Graffiti is very good though. The other day I got stuck at a railroad crossing for like 20 minutes and that would have been boring as piss if not for all the cool, unique artwork decorating the train cars

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

karmicknight posted:

Glad this cool crime has helped reveal the cops I follow on twitter.

https://twitter.com/adampacitti/status/1219775467441606659

Pacitti noooooooo :(

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Pacitti is management/ownership and seems to really love the WWE when I catch him talking about it. That tweet was easy money.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Jack the Jobber turns out to be a cop too I don't know that my little heart will be able to take it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Son of Man posted:

Wow I didn't know that. I had certainly heard that their crime rate was way lower than what popular media insinuates (and I'm comparing their crime rate to my city, which is notoriously violent), but I didn't know it was such a long term trend. My post is not factually cromulent either; we have statistically proven that the 'broken windows' theory of policing is, as the wwe universe would chant, "bull - poo poo."

Graffiti is very good though. The other day I got stuck at a railroad crossing for like 20 minutes and that would have been boring as piss if not for all the cool, unique artwork decorating the train cars

70 years is probably a bad memory thing, its just some weird number I had in my head. A quick search makes it seem like maybe we're at the lowest numbers now in 70 years so that may be it. I think at the very least crime has been on a steep and steady decline since the '90s. No one really knows what caused it and everyone will point to their issue du jour be it broken windows or stop and frisk or whatever. I think the numbers generally show that none of these things really had an affect. The rates just keep dropping with or without them.

But like, I'm absolutely not very well informed on this. Its just a topic that comes up when people are like "NYC is so dangerous!" over personal concern or used to justify stuff like stop and frisk or something.

And yeah, graffiti is cool and only nerds disagree. Well... and people who complain about "class of people."

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

loving toffs and their banksys. they're a menace!

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

STAC Goat posted:

But like, I'm absolutely not very well informed on this.

What you said is pretty accurate, so maybe you are. Most places in the us spiked in 20th century crime in the late 80s, but I'd believe the 70 year figure too. Our society is less brutally lovely in many ways than it was then.

There are a lot of theories about why crime started dropping so much in the 90s. A lot of folks think it's because it was about 25 years after abortion was legalized, so a lot of the kids who would have formed the dregs of society were never born. Also we stopped putting lead in the gasoline.

gently caress this derail, nevermind

Son of Man fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 22, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think the poster looks better now. It'll be cool when you go the Cody Rhodes Museum of Greatness and see that poster framed next to Vince McMahon's brain in a bell jar.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/ShootNameJustin/status/1219846522570850305

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

same guy two hours before that

https://twitter.com/ShootNameJustin/status/1219824094159372290