Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It'll be your best spontaneous decision. Do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Enablers

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
You know, maybe I will.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
e: NM

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:siren: BOXLORD WIP :siren:

Hangin' out with his large adult sons:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Safety Factor posted:

:swoon:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Lanterndad owns

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Recent hobby project nearly done - I need more characters..

The idea for my army as it stands at the moment: The third (redundant, useless, usually a priest) brother in the ruling family of a Necron dynasty has woken to find that he has, by accident, become the last survivor. He's joined by his good rocking buddy: one of the highly unpopular Sensei, who is masquerading as a Rogue trader. They have a scheme to loot old family crypts for leftover tech that they can sell to the Imperial house in return for flecks of Auramite.

Looking forward to testing next weekend. Wish me luck!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Sir, this is a Wendy's

Those are cool, what are they for?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Cool dudes make fleets for their 30k armies so when they play events they can beat the piss out of their opponents and then drop in to steal everything.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

xutech posted:

Cool dudes make fleets for their 30k armies so when they play events they can beat the piss out of their opponents and then drop in to steal everything.

What army are you playing it as?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I'm play testing a ruleset for rogue traders - it's a very sandboxy design system where you build a rogue trader and a bodyguard of Armsmen, then you build an army out of a combination of allies and special characters (ie Assassins, Eldar Exodite rangers, agents, Navigators and so on). The armsmen I've built are gene-bulked human terran war veterans wearing artificer armour and combat shields, and as a special rule they can either have a mix of weapons or buy troop weapons normally reserved for allied troops choices - in this case, I'm taking gauss-flayers. The Necron list is currently in playtest and combines several of the previous lists but is restricted to represent a Necron dynasty at the beginning of its awakening. successive HQ choices are needed to unlock the different army options like fast attack etc. based on the seniority of the available necron leaders.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Where can we get the Necron rules? I've talked to the Slack about repurposing my Necrons for 30k but if there's actual rules that rules.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:allears:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

xutech posted:

The idea for my army as it stands at the moment: The third (redundant, useless, usually a priest) brother in the ruling family of a Necron dynasty has woken to find that he has, by accident, become the last survivor. He's joined by his good rocking buddy: one of the highly unpopular Sensei, who is masquerading as a Rogue trader. They have a scheme to loot old family crypts for leftover tech that they can sell to the Imperial house in return for flecks of Auramite.

Your thunder warrior esq dudes look awesome :toot:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

xutech posted:

These are badass duder

Mango Polo posted:

Where can we get the Necron rules? I've talked to the Slack about repurposing my Necrons for 30k but if there's actual rules that rules.

Stop this madness

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Could we also have Eldar rules with new HQ units?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

JcDent posted:

Could we also have Eldar rules with new HQ units?

Just write your own.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Just be sure to include a smug little “Balanced” tag somewhere in the rules.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Broken Record Talk posted:

It’s not cheating if it’s just your own rules.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

xutech posted:

I'm completely Necron ignorant, but can robots have families/brothers?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Ghazk posted:

I'm completely Necron ignorant, but can robots have families/brothers?

Yes, because they are organics who have transferred their consciousness into robotic frames.

Necrons in 30k is one of the most sensible things, just like the Eldar. There's absolutely no chance that the great crusade never ran into them and/or never awakened some of their tombs.

It's criminal thatvFW refuse to explore and indulge in the xenos aspects of the heresy, thankfully we have competent and dedicated fans to do what gently caress world won't.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Primaris coming to 30k.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

TTerrible posted:

Primaris coming to 30k.

Wow, source? If this is true it's perfect, because then I only have to buy one army.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
primaris would be a pretty good way to model the gene-bulked mutants option for playing blackshields

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

:negative:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I cannot possibly reveal my sources.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Broken Record Talk posted:

Don't provide feedback until you have played hundreds of games like we have.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I mean, they were in 30k according to the lore but Cawl waited ten thousand years to reveal them.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

moths posted:

I mean, they were in 30k according to the lore but Cawl waited ten thousand years to reveal them.

Folks are joking about a novella that apparently decided that Cawl didn’t invent primaris but instead stole the idea from around the imperium and that the whole project was actually supposed to happen in 30k but the heresy derailed it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oops, is that the new solar war novella?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Folks are joking about a novella that apparently decided that Cawl didn’t invent primaris but instead stole the idea from around the imperium and that the whole project was actually supposed to happen in 30k but the heresy derailed it.

:laffo:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Primaris lore just keeps getting worse

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Battle brothers, my choler is rising!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

This is the only LVO secret army I actually know about but it rules incredibly hard and I’m stoked we’re a few days away from the big reveal.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:dogcited:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Primaris Marines: So bad, they can ruin a setting 10,000 years before they appear

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
All the lore is stupid that's why the Warhammer is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Fighting Tigers of Veda confirmed