Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i tried listening more, and i'm just riveted by this fascinating story of a guy who collected signatures of the cast and crew of the goodfellas movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sady Doyle tried to get Liz Bruenig fired.

Think they might be talking about True Anon Liz and her being quoted in Sady's "Why can't men just say I'm sorry?" article

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
sady is going to have a mental break when bernie even appears to be getting the nom

nick mullen best watch himself

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

4 years ago? Continuously? Sady Doyle was just on the war path for the Bruenigs for a long rear end time. I can't even remember what it was over, but she was instrumental in getting Matt fired. It's also why Liz Bruenig has my account blocked, because she had to resort to a blocklist.

e:
https://twitter.com/FrankfurtGhoul/status/1219603304713478144?s=20

lmao at anyone who thinks the chapo subreddit has any of the podcast fans still there

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Movies are liberalism

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

safdie bros rule and so do their movies i hope the next ep is just more with them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc3X2wzAroc

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
It could happen here started strong but hoo boy have we gone off the rails here towards the end, everything from treating rural america as an undifferentiated mass to lectures about how guillotine memes are the beginnings of a new Reign of Terror combined with a total misunderstanding of what Communism actually is and a 6th grade understanding of the French Revolution. Plus we shoe horn in every bellingcat Syria talking point that we can and hope no one notices.

I DO think that he is right about the government forces having a glass jaw and how both urban and rural insurgencies could be extremely effective when combined with open source improvised weapons and commercial drones of the style that ISIS used but the War Nerd has had the same theory about how future wars will play, though outside of that one segment on Chapo the War Nerd has yet to apply that theory to a potential armed conflict in the US. The War Nerd also isn't a bellingcat stooge.

Hilariously though the podcast is valuable for an entirely unintentional reason and thats because its essentially a modern version of the Anarchist's Cookbook. Dude is stupid enough to not realize that the podcast he's put out there is effectively a blueprint for any budding terrorist group in the US, right down to mentioning explosive materials that are available for civilians to buy as well as pointing out that blueprints for cheap open source weapons that were made by ISIS are available online if you know where to look and can be assembled from incredibly common materials.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/1219748817429520387?s=20

put one up on the board for Dixie, boys :clint:

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i went to new york city once. trump had been elected the month before. i went to times square and a guy tried to sell me his hip hop CD for 20 dollars.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

It could happen here started strong but hoo boy have we gone off the rails here towards the end, everything from treating rural america as an undifferentiated mass to lectures about how guillotine memes are the beginnings of a new Reign of Terror combined with a total misunderstanding of what Communism actually is and a 6th grade understanding of the French Revolution. Plus we shoe horn in every bellingcat Syria talking point that we can and hope no one notices.

Did you notice how he theorized the rural insurgency would start from a president Harris trying to gun grab and the inner city insurgency would be against Trump retaining power, but in later episodes has them coexisting in the same timeline and even helping out each other out? That's when I gave up on the podcast.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
VERY strong opening on the latest trueanon

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

got a request

are there any podcasts that deal specifically with corporate malfeasance regarding the environment? companies doing all kinds of polluting in communities/cities/etc?

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
How about uncut gents and it's Adam Sandler ruining gentile lives because he's envious of their foreskins?

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I listened to the podcast, only having watched the trailer for the movie. I liked their stories so I watched the movie, and based on those stories I was expecting something very different. The brothers they talk about in the pod are in 2 scenes for maybe a minute and a half? The dude they talk about "educating" people on his Instagram and got the "coveted" role for jewellers is in it for 1 scene and then a pickup shot near the end of the movie. I guess with the way they talked about it I was expecting something like a John Waters movie. None of what they talked about on the pod came across in the film at all, except for the helicopter dude.

Still, the movie was fuckin great.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Stickfigure posted:

How about uncut gents and it's Adam Sandler ruining gentile lives because he's envious of their foreskins?

uncut gems and it's adam sandler trying to find an uncircumsized cock in new york

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

exmarx posted:

they were both on fire. especially liz, jesus christ.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

exmarx posted:

extremely good ep

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

lmao at anyone who thinks the chapo subreddit has any of the podcast fans still there

all podcast subreddits are weird awful trashfires to begin with, so yeah

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Xaris posted:

all podcast subreddits are weird awful trashfires to begin with, so yeah

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best part of fandom is everybody's valid criticisms and concerns

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I haven't seen Uncut Gems so this ep was a pass for me, but I'd listen to a film-centric podcast Chapo spin-off. I liked what the boys had to say about Verhoeven

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I haven't seen Uncut Gems so this ep was a pass for me, but I'd listen to a film-centric podcast Chapo spin-off. I liked what the boys had to say about Verhoeven

did felix ever discuss predator? i lust to hear that.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
side projects are unsustainable unless papa will is there to guide things along ala vanderpod

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I dont know if the Chapo boys have seen it but In The Mouth of Madness seems like its right in their wheelhouse and Id love to hear their thoughts on it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38pvz82PXi4

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

AnEdgelord posted:

I dont know if the Chapo boys have seen it but In The Mouth of Madness seems like its right in their wheelhouse and Id love to hear their thoughts on it.

Matt referenced it only a couple episodes ago.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i wonder what matt's up to tonigh---oh

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1220144160088449025?s=20

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

why is episode 1 an hour long? I've never heard one that didn't get stale after the first ten minutes

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Being Matt? Yes, very much so.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

mike duncan

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Ben Nerevarine posted:

They literally already tried that and it petered out after like three episodes.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

why is episode 1 an hour long?

agreed, all the episodes should be four hours long like chaos mode

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Prince Myshkin posted:

They literally already tried that and it petered out after like three episodes.

The problem with that was half the cast was Amber. She's tried doing two podcasts where it was just her and some white dude, and neither of them made it into the double digit episodes. Chapo seems like the only podcast that works for Amber because it happens every week whether she is there or not.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Episode 1 would be a much better podcast if every episode was 40 minutes long, that's usually where the joke grows old.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

most podcasts should between 20 - 40 mins, imo

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

gh0stpinballa posted:

most podcasts should between 20 - 40 mins, imo

Was it you who has the podcast that covers the Brabant Killings and stuff? Could you link that again?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://podcast.app/ghost-stories-for-the-end-of-the-world-p880025/

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

it's very good. possibly the only good true crime podcast.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Mantis42 posted:

why is episode 1 an hour long? I've never heard one that didn't get stale after the first ten minutes

it's better when they're desperately trying to extend the jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Doc Hawkins posted:

it's very good. possibly the only good true crime podcast.

its interesting you say this (and thanks!). i do tag it true crime altho i guess it's more conspiracy/secret politics. i'm realising working on this gladio episode that it's really corruption and structures we are looking at, and a conspiracy theory is just another way of thinking about that corruption i guess. then it's how you analyse that theory and if it holds up.