Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

the subreddit was nearly indistinguishable from actual bigotry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I’ve only seen it a few times usually when it was linked in the previous thread, but yeah, a whole lot of idiots post about the pod there. I wouldn’t say I want to get access to it.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I was funny if you stayed on the front page of the subreddit for the most part, the more pages you went through the more it got bigoted.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

the subreddit is very bad, and never did anything good besides the ESL classroom thing and the guy who posted a video of his first time using heroin as a tribute to adam

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i saw a phat rear end indigenous lady on there once

then ofc in the comments they're arguing about attractiveness tiers for each racial/ethnic group

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The subreddit is literally a bunch of cave people who want to emulate the humor of cum town without any of the charm.

So it’s literally just racism.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Odddzy posted:

edit : how is the reddit now anyways? I don't have an account and got locked out once they put the sub private.

Really really awful . The good stuff like the guy who posted the animated cumtown bits doesnt happen anymore and theres absolutely no irony to anything anyone posts

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Odddzy posted:

Dunno if it's been noticed by others but a few days ago a subforum called "FYAD gravesite" or something got opened right under the Comedy Goldmine. it was only there for a few moments.

There was only one thread in it that dated back to when FYAD was still open. The mods were discussing offsite doxxing and how to close FYAD. Jeffrey and a bunch of mods were discussing the issue. Junpei and another mod started a tangent where they were going to give lengthy probes to stomp on dissent preemptively (paraphrasing). No other mod gave any feedback or agreed in any shape or form but they just went ahead and gave this very thread month long probes to fight nazis and doxxing or something.

:shepface:

edit : how is the reddit now anyways? I don't have an account and got locked out once they put the sub private.

they think kiwifarms and FYAD are the same userbase lol

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Scionix posted:

welcome to r/cumtown please select one of four posts to create:

A .) Picture of a celebrity with the f word under it
B.) Picture of fat object/animal/person followed by text about how much you hate Stav
C.) A MILF
D.) Chapo Check

you forgot paags. but yeah its really bad

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

junpei bad mod. I demand restitution for the unjust probation that prevented me from probably just posting about cum town here a couple of times for a month :mad:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
they have a bot that checks if a person has posted in the chapo trap house subreddit and call it in whenever someone posts something they dont like, then if it finds posts they call them slurs

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i dont even listen to chapo but its really stupid

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
you’re forgetting the inevitable “chapocels get out”

you can mentally append the “reeeeeeeeeeee”, because they’re pretty much just channeling pepes at that point

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Gone Fashing posted:

they have a bot that checks if a person has posted in the chapo trap house subreddit and call it in whenever someone posts something they dont like, then if it finds posts they call them slurs

on the other hand, chapo trap house reddit posters

e: chapo check

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

Gone Fashing posted:

chapo che...

Gone Fashing posted:

i dont even listen to chapo but its really stupid

gently caress

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Scionix posted:

they think kiwifarms and FYAD are the same userbase lol

god drat this is getting reductive, gently caress off cuz youre wrong

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
lol

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

KoRMaK posted:

nah i hosed her first dude

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

nick and stav and adam can get away with saying or posting stuff like that but thats because i have a catalog of takes from them which generally helps me plot where they are on the bigot scale

redditors and sudden sa thread posters have no established history so when i see something like the above im gonna default to bigot until proven otherwise, especiall with the wierd mod poo poo thats been goin on here on sa. lotta covert biggots and poo poo fuckin up my cum and loving my dad podcast

Scionix posted:

nah i hosed her first dude
this is an incredibly good joke but i still dunno you might be a transphobe or some poo poo until proven otherwise

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

KoRMaK posted:

Wrong about what?

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
im sorry for inflicting this upon the thread. probate me please

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Tetramin posted:

Wrong about what?
wrong about fyad and kiwifarms being the same userbase as the reason for fyad being closed. it doesnt matter if they were kf or not, that description just obscures what the actual problem was. fyad was getting as bad as the cumtown reddit thread, doesnt matter about where else they posted, the poo poo they posted here sucked

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Ah, ok then

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Odddzy posted:

Dunno if it's been noticed by others but a few days ago a subforum called "FYAD gravesite" or something got opened right under the Comedy Goldmine. it was only there for a few moments.

There was only one thread in it that dated back to when FYAD was still open. The mods were discussing offsite doxxing and how to close FYAD. Jeffrey and a bunch of mods were discussing the issue. Junpei and another mod started a tangent where they were going to give lengthy probes to stomp on dissent preemptively (paraphrasing). No other mod gave any feedback or agreed in any shape or form but they just went ahead and gave this very thread month long probes to fight nazis and doxxing or something.

:shepface:

I'm just imaging this as the adam dad bit except he doesn't believe they're probing folks for 30 days, lets see it girls! Adams dad rules.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

nick and stav and adam can get away with saying or posting stuff like that but thats because i have a catalog of takes from them which generally helps me plot where they are on the bigot scale

redditors and sudden sa thread posters have no established history so when i see something like the above im gonna default to bigot until proven otherwise, especiall with the wierd mod poo poo thats been goin on here on sa. lotta covert biggots and poo poo fuckin up my cum and loving my dad podcast

this is pretty lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Mmm mm mm mm mmm
Somebody done suck that boy dick

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

let's set the record str8. i'm a really cool guy that accepting of all people. i don't judge anyone for things they have no control over, like place of birth, country, sexual orientation, whatever. i'm chill and just wanna enjoy my life and let others around me enjoy their lives without stress. with that out of the way: ya'll are *beeeeeeeeep*

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I’m a real piece of poo poo and I absolutely do not accept anybody for who they are. Especially when it comes to things they have no control over.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i'm just in it for stav's "no NO *cackle*" when nick teases a slur

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the bigot reverse scale

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Shipon posted:

i'm just in it for stav's "no NO *cackle*" when nick teases a slur

Especially if he takes a particularly circuitous route there and Stav doesn't catch it at first

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
*carefully reading the measurements on the bigot scale paper readout*

*slips, bumping the bigotgraph needle, maxing it out*

oh nooooooo-USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

"Are you now or have you ever said the n-word?"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the nick mullen biography: by any means *bleep*

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Can we just rename this thread to “Ian Fidance Appreciation Station” because that’s something we can all agree on?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
ian fidance was bullied to tears by children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjr6NXAYyW4

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Lpzie posted:

let's set the record str8. i'm a really cool guy that accepting of all people. i don't judge anyone for things they have no control over, like place of birth, country, sexual orientation, whatever. i'm chill and just wanna enjoy my life and let others around me enjoy their lives without stress. with that out of the way: ya'll are *beeeeeeeeep*

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Odddzy posted:

That was a lovely month. I missed posting on the forums. :(

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The worst part of the mods is that they asked us over and over again to stop calling people the “R” word, and asked us to get creative. So we started saying that the President is highly ‘regarded’ which is not just a clever subversion while also NOT A SLUR, but is genuinely clever wordplay that really encapsulates a lot of what is so funny about the current political climate (the POTUS being actually highly regarded in many circles) and then the mods proved people for saying it because it RHYMES with the no no word.

Like it’s just such a transparent power trip and the mods aren’t actually arguing for anyone to work harder to be funny or arguing in good faith for people to be clever, they are just a bunch of thin-skinned [BOOP]s who just wanna [BOOP] to [BOOOOP] goddamnit Nick what the hell I didn’t say [BOOP] *Stavros laughing inconsolably*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

While I think the fyad situation was mishandled overall the reason these forums have survived and continued to be pretty good when compared to the rest of the internet is because rules have generally erred on the side of anti-bigotry. when that poo poo goes unchecked you get 4chan or KF or to a lesser extent the cumtown subreddit. I’d rather see posters eat a ban for posting “r*tard” than see this place devolve into an alt right shithole. (i don’t think that’s what actually was happening in fyad fwiw)