Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Sirotan posted:

Won't that end up splashing water absolutely everywhere while you try to fill the tub?

per the replies, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Sirotan posted:

Won't that end up splashing water absolutely everywhere while you try to fill the tub?

It will also ensure a cold bath, reliably.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

chrome-legged shelf sinks need to come back. I found a used one for my addition to be period accurate and I'm sad whoever "updated" the baths in my house before I bought it did the blandest most 90s job possible.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Perhaps residents of Seattle don't know what it's like to not be coated in cold-to-lukewarm water.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nessus posted:

Perhaps residents of Seattle don't know what it's like to not be coated in cold-to-lukewarm water.

:hmmyes:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Qwijib0 posted:

chrome-legged shelf sinks need to come back. I found a used one for my addition to be period accurate and I'm sad whoever "updated" the baths in my house before I bought it did the blandest most 90s job possible.

Blech, no thank you.

But then I am speaking from having never lived in a house with a decent bathroom storage solution, so you really needed a full vanity on the sink to store extra TP, soap, bathroom cleaner, etc....

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Blech, no thank you.

But then I am speaking from having never lived in a house with a decent bathroom storage solution, so you really needed a full vanity on the sink to store extra TP, soap, bathroom cleaner, etc....

Apart from the TP (and the solution there is to get a magazine toilet paper holder) why do you need to store those things in the bathroom?

I can't seem to find a picture of the kind I have, i.e. a wall-mounted one where the magazine is above the holder:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
gotta have that 64-roll costco jumbo pack at the ready, never know when just a single extra roll won't be enough

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
genuinely bizarre that in 2020 there isn't a central TP dispenser in the garage or basement that distributes to the entire house with an intricate conveyer system

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PRADA SLUT posted:

gotta have that 64-roll costco jumbo pack at the ready, never know when just a single extra roll won't be enough

Knit yourself some bandoleers for when you're going in hot:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

bring back old gbs posted:

genuinely bizarre that in 2020 there isn't a central TP dispenser in the garage or basement that distributes to the entire house with an intricate conveyer system

If you live in a house with a central vac, it could possibly be reversed and repurposed as just such a system.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

If you live in a house with a central vac, it could possibly be reversed and repurposed as just such a system.

KISS, i.e. just vacuum your poo poo right out of your nasty bumhole. Viola!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Passive waste water flow is so last century, gravity is for chumps.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Apart from the TP (and the solution there is to get a magazine toilet paper holder) why do you need to store those things in the bathroom?

Because it's easier?

Also I will always forget I;m out of shampoo/soap/body wash until I'm soaking wet in the shower, so being able to just sort of reach outside the curtain to fumble under the sink is a lot easier than walking naked, soaking-wet through my house to the hallway closet.

The hallway closet that is too small itself, and is really just supposed to be a coat closet, but really I just have terrible storage options in my house PERIOD so it's more like the de-facto cleaning closet...broom, vacuum, etc... is in there, along with poo poo like batteries, extra boxes of tissues and whatnot on the upper shelf. So then my coats are regulated to a lovely coat rack in the living room, depriving me of floor space.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

DrBouvenstein posted:

Blech, no thank you.

Sink shelves or wall mounts still work because you can always add shelves or storage compartments underneath them. The true enemy is the pedestal sink which takes up precious floor space with a useless pole, and everyone with a small bathroom shoved in to make the room 'less cluttered.'

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/mixedhunty/status/1219354814670364673?s=20

I am not checking if this is real

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

that's a nice callback to verner panton's visiona 2 room in the first pic.

and i was struggling to remember who did the chair next to the tulip table in the third pic, and pulled out my big book o chairs to find it. it's pierre paulin!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Jerry Cotton posted:

I believe the toilet on the ISS works on this principle.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://www.bhhschicago.com/jovankacorazzina/homes-for-sale/680-N-Lake-Shore-Drive-UNIT-1504-Chicago-IL-60611-289766576

This place costs $1.2m but the staging makes it look like a college dorm :effort:

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

You and I had very different college experiences.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

None of that looks like a dorm to my, but several pieces and especially the couches do look like bachelor pad fair. It's not great.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My dorm was essentially a prison cell with a normal door and a tiny closet instead of a toilet

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

what in the gently caress is that floorplan though

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/brampersandon_S/status/1220206052576096257

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

post the poop window

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

i 8 poop lol

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

I unironically love this, but I'm known to have horrifying 60s/70s style tastes.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

PRADA SLUT posted:

i 8 poop lol

:eyepoop: can't unsee it

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

My dorm was essentially a prison cell with a normal door and a tiny closet instead of a toilet

Same
The window was so thin that a water balloon broke through and shattered glass fell all over my bed.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Ah, but did any of your dorm rooms have the Man Chair????

Ruth Francken (American, 1924 - 2006)

Man Chair, Nr. 24/24, 1970

Bronze and mixed media

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

KillerEggplant posted:

I unironically love this, but I'm known to have horrifying 60s/70s style tastes.

Big saaaaame over here.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Great location, absolutely preposterous layout. It's called a "two bedroom" but it's clearly for just one person - not even a couple honestly - to live there.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Great location, absolutely preposterous layout. It's called a "two bedroom" but it's clearly for just one person - not even a couple honestly - to live there.

The color scheme of the entire place is literally the worst. Pastel pink and purple, listless gray, and then a couple of huge loving columns painted light brown. Oh, and black ceilings in several rooms including the kitchen. I hate it. All white would actually be an improvement here.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Sirotan posted:

The color scheme of the entire place is literally the worst. Pastel pink and purple, listless gray, and then a couple of huge loving columns painted light brown. Oh, and black ceilings in several rooms including the kitchen. I hate it. All white would actually be an improvement here.

I mean you can have it repainted for a couple grand, at most. You can even redo the tile if you're hell bent on it. Only an outrageous amount of money is going to change the fact that the "second bedroom" shares a wall and door with the master.

The unobstructed lake/Navy Pier views are pretty nice though.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Only an outrageous amount of money is going to change the fact that the "second bedroom" shares a wall and door with the master.

I don't know, sounds pretty suite to me.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sirotan posted:

It's all very welcome to the early nineties, especially with the all that light wood.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Inferior design.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I guess when I said college dorm maybe I should have said first college apartment, but it’s one of those newer apartment buildings but your furniture still looks like crap

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It looks like an apartment that was made just to be an Airbnb.

mutata fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Badger of Basra posted:

I guess when I said college dorm maybe I should have said first college apartment, but it’s one of those newer apartment buildings but your furniture still looks like crap

Dig up