Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Can't wait until I can afford Platinum so I can get all this content!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

PathAsc posted:

No, FYAD is the historical one, do it there or in QCS if you're polite

FYAD's haunted.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Minty posted:

yeah, to get into GOONS immediately you need to post in FYAD, if you mess up and send your application anywhere else you wind up in Bird Weed

That is the worst possible fate, jesus christ.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

RudeCat posted:

Can't wait until I can afford Platinum so I can get all this content!

If you emptyquote the post about one time in 100 the [platinum] tags will fail to parse and you'll be able to read what was behind it because :radium:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
You can all go [YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW THIS CONTENT] yourselves. (Why did I pay for this feature lol)

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

corgski posted:

If you emptyquote the post about one time in 100 the [platinum] tags will fail to parse and you'll be able to read what was behind it because :radium:

One weird trick that makes Mods mad!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

corgski posted:

Goddamned radium building this beautiful forum with their arcane knowledge and then leaving it to drive other programmers mad when they try to update the shibboleth invoked onto the SA servers...

[plat]never let the pubbies know we're powered by a literal elder god of communism and that's why we always win[plat]

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Undone by a missing / !!!!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I remember my trial to get in goons, that first intro post was wild. Link to archives below

[YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW THIS CONTENT]

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Just no one give them the url for [platinum] the double secret Discord where we discuss the true secret of baseball and how to get infinite tanks [/plaitnum]

Edit: drat, that moment I realise I skimmed the previous posts and did not notice someone doing the exact same joke

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Guys please pay attention to your formatting and don’t post opsec stuff here! Especially after [YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW THIS CONTENT]

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Guys please pay attention to your formatting and don’t post opsec stuff here! Especially after [YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW THIS CONTENT]

Yeah, no poo poo. This last page alone has wayyyy too much information that should be discord only.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

In case you wondered what kind of mind was responsible for this game.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

:alex:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Is there a special reason why the game is set exactly twenty-eight years in the future?

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Libluini posted:

Is there a special reason why the game is set exactly twenty-eight years in the future?

in game date goes faster than irl time

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Rich kid fratboy has a pretty serious case of yachtism.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Minty posted:

in game date goes faster than irl time

Oh. OK, that's weird.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Lux Animus posted:

You can all go gently caress yourselves. (Why did I pay for this feature lol)

[YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW THIS CONTENT]

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
I am posting in this thread like a good goon because I was told to.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I am here to click buttons and survive in this terrible irradiated wasteland with everyone and also to gently caress with fascist chuds.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Reminder that if you get beiged you have to refresh your vote for the lowest effort to tears ratio troll in the game.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 20, 2020

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

Reminder that if you get beiged you have to refresh your vote for the lowest effort to tears ratio troll in the game.
I didn't have to refresh mine, but I did have to deliberately switch back to black.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Khorne posted:

I didn't have to refresh mine, but I did have to deliberately switch back to black.

No. You do. Whatever it says, it's not counted until you vote again.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Xelkelvos posted:

Just did this to confirm, you have to revote every time.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Probably related to how when you unbeige, it SAYS you're back in whatever colour you picked, but you're still in grey and have to choose another colour, then choose black again.

Games a poo poo, but the real game of making nazis cry is so very good

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Xelkelvos posted:

I got beiged
It sent me to inactive grey but showed me as pirate black on most pages, including my edit nations page
I had to save my edit nation thing to be set to black despite it showing me as black already
I voted again to be safe but it didn't change the count.

No idea if the inactive grey thing is normal or not given I was never inactive.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 20, 2020

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Khorne posted:

I got beiged
It sent me to inactive grey but showed me as pirate black on most pages, including my edit nations page
I had to save my edit nation thing to be set to black despite it showing me as black already
I can vote however many times I want but it never changed the count. Switching from grey to black also didn't change the count.

No idea if the inactive grey thing is normal or not given I was never inactive.

if you beige out and don't manually switch to a color but let it time out, it'll always throw you on grey

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
I'm a dumb and strange person looking to join this dumb and strange game.

micron
Nov 15, 2005

Doctor Zaius posted:

I'm a dumb and strange person looking to join this dumb and strange game.

Give this man a cabinet position.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It looks like the war's starting to turn in our favor. There's a lot of zero military nations with millions of dollars in infra waiting to be cycled.

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm doing my part!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

It looks like the war's starting to turn in our favor. There's a lot of zero military nations with millions of dollars in infra waiting to be cycled.

I'm doing my part!

Starting to turn in our favor? For the past week+ every enemy alliance has been in the red for net damage done. last time I checked the factionwide numbers were us +35billion, chuds -35billion. Even with how badly goons overextended in the first round of wars we're third highest for net and I think gross damage, after NPO and BK.

Not to mention that something like eight alliances on the enemy side have peaced out. At this point aside from the alliances that we have an actual problem with, the question is how much longer their leadership will let their entire membership get kicked in the teeth for the sake of pride.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Just signed up to play this game as United Soviet Porcine Fields. Hopefully I won't gently caress up too bad.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

schwein11 posted:

Just signed up to play this game as United Soviet Porcine Fields. Hopefully I won't gently caress up too bad.

Da Pigz hav entrd da Gam

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Crell politely asked me to post in the thread, so here I am

You guys have really good ads and there's a Flight Rising-shaped hole in my heart for a browser game I pop in and check on for 20 minutes every day, so I figured I may as well give this game a try!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Prepare to be dissapointed!

Cow Bell
Aug 29, 2007

some nerd told me to post here, my discord is Monaker

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I made the mistake of looking at the official forums. It's just pages and pages of people losing a war whining that winners won't let them peace out, without ever once trying to offer something up that might convince the winners to let them peace out.

I guess the pubbies developed some weird inbred meta thing of not asking for much after winning because they all want to be at peace a lot of the time, but it's clear that the winners are fine continuing the war so they're just screaming til they're blue in the face about how they deserve to be at peace.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

The forums are bad. Their dismal quality and awful moderation should be viewed as a fun quirk and puzzle to solve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

The trick to the OWF is to not make an account or if you do, never ever post. All of the mods have a pretty strong anti-goon bias, so if you aren't very carefully decorous with your posts, they'll find reasons to give you warnings.