Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

More like oldbrainless

e: :69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Boywhiz88 posted:

Uncle Tom would probably fit still.

Ehh, as a cracker, I wouldn't feel comfortable using that! But yeah, it is definitely the same mindset.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Skwirl posted:

Does he think

gonna have to stop you right there

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I understand that "kapo" is used within the Jewish community to condemn Jews who cozy up to fascists. Since kapos were concentration camp prisoner-guards known for their cruelty towards other prisoners during the Holocaust, that's a serious charge; I wouldn't feel comfortable using it as a non-Jew.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Read After Burning posted:

Apologies if this is a bit too serious for this thread, but as it comes up on social media a lot...

Is there a term for minority folks who find themselves buddying up with political figures, movements, pundits, etc. that most likely want them dead? Some examples are Blaire White (trans woman), Jontron (Persian man), Milo (gay man), Laura Loomer (Jewish woman), and so on and so forth. I grasp the mindset of it (I believe Milo is even quoted as wanting to be the right wing's "favorite [f-slur]"), but is there a catch-all term for those types of folks who want to be seen as "one of the good ones" by borderline (or even outright) Nazis?

I'm normally pretty good at going out and trying to educate myself on things like this, but I wouldn't know where to even begin searching on this one.

Quisling

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM.... I'm actually NOT bothered by this avatar

nah, that sounds too much like something joss whedon would say

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sagebrush posted:

nah, that sounds too much like something joss whedon would say

It's Norwegian.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
“collaborator”

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
token is what I've been using.

but this is very nerdy academic level stuff and doesn't really matter because most of those tokens have more or less fallen of the radra since Donnie is such a massive blackhole of poo poo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Apologies if this is a bit too serious for this thread, but as it comes up on social media a lot...

Is there a term for minority folks who find themselves buddying up with political figures, movements, pundits, etc. that most likely want them dead? Some examples are Blaire White (trans woman), Jontron (Persian man), Milo (gay man), Laura Loomer (Jewish woman), and so on and so forth. I grasp the mindset of it (I believe Milo is even quoted as wanting to be the right wing's "favorite [f-slur]"), but is there a catch-all term for those types of folks who want to be seen as "one of the good ones" by borderline (or even outright) Nazis?

I'm normally pretty good at going out and trying to educate myself on things like this, but I wouldn't know where to even begin searching on this one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's definitely quisling

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Huh, thanks for the great answers, everyone. I'd love to learn more culture/language-specific terms for this type of folks. After I posted, I realized "token" does definitely fit this description, but similar to "Uncle Tom", it's got some...negatively-charged background to it, so I wasn't sure if it was appropriate.

For content:

https://twitter.com/EZPZisback/status/1217873970885734400

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

This is hilarious:
"He committed this crime! Wait nope, he committed that crime the other day, this is a new crime. Wait, that other crime was committed some time ago too, this is a new crime!"

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Samovar posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1219613750745059335

When even other centrists are saying you messed up, Clinton... you messed up, Clinton

:suicide:

This is some schoolyard poo poo, do you think she blames him for losing?

e: Oh my god she literally talks about Bernie Bros as if anyone outside of twitter gives a poo poo. It's good to know that internet brain poisoning isn't exclusive to Trump.

Beartaco has a new favorite as of 06:20 on Jan 22, 2020

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
She 100% blames him for losing and has said as much in the past

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

christmas boots posted:

She 100% blames him for losing and has said as much in the past

She also blames herself (for not understanding how stupid everyone else is).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

She also blames herself (for not understanding how stupid everyone else is).

That's a fair assessment, assuming she's talking about the people she hired to run her campaign.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

That's a fair assessment, assuming she's talking about the people she hired to run her campaign.

What does your heart tell you?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
re: quisling
https://twitter.com/cavalorn/status/654934442549620736

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"coward" works, or if you've got the right identity signifiers, "sellout" does too.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Ehh, as a cracker, I wouldn't feel comfortable using that! But yeah, it is definitely the same mindset.

You could always go with Uncle Ruckus.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Kevin DuBrow posted:

From thread favorite, Jacob Wohl.

Bonus from a while ago:

This needs to go the route Crowder took to prove Epstein couldn’t kill himself and have Wohl actually try and get hit by a car going 70

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

You could always try and coin 'Röhm'

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Two things on this: one, driver is unnecessarily gendered in his description, and two: of course he drives a BMW.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Memento posted:

Two things on this: one, driver is unnecessarily gendered in his description, and two: of course he drives a BMW.

At least he used female as an adjective instead of a noun.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
re: the token thing. it seems to be a fairly standard and time tested practice. Anti minority rhetoric seems to have more weight when coming from a minority. So all anti minority groups have to do is find someone willing to throw their own people under the bus for personal gain (being able to string a coherent sentence together is secondary) and reward them accordingly. There's also the fact that you're just another one when fighting for your rights, but when you side with the enemy you get way more relevance in a much faster way. It's funny how often it happens and people always fall for it every time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That's, that's not how math works

https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/1219838794624405504?s=19

Bluh
Dec 28, 2012

Kevin DuBrow posted:

From thread favorite, Jacob Wohl.

Bonus from a while ago:

Oh poo poo that’s a good friend responding to Wohl

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Bluh posted:

Oh poo poo that’s a good friend responding to Wohl

Your good friend is wrong.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Everything about this is perfect, but my favorite part is the expression on his face that says "Hurry up and take the picture, I'm only able to hold 100lbs crotch-high for so long"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Elviscat posted:

Slugs for Salt.

War criminal Eddie Gallagher’s apparel brand is “Salty Frog Gear”.

Salt does the same thing to frogs.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
He's a war criminal not a biologist

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm really surprised that no theorist like Homi Bhabha has coined a term for that kind of collaborator.

Though as I type it "minority collaborator" seems to hit all of the notes necessary. I know I've seen "collaborator" used in this respect, though I can't recall with what adjectives.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Vib Rib posted:

drat, that's lovely graffiti, too. From the description I was expecting just single color scrawls and poo poo, but no, these are like full on murals. Pretty stuff.

I did some looking and apparently the MTA is saying graffiti is a very uncommon problem with the trains (it used to be that no train was allowed into service with graffiti on the outside) and the cops are doing this tweet because they've got a fight going on with City Hall.

Bluh
Dec 28, 2012

mng posted:

Your good friend is wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crumple_zone hm okay

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The old saying I knew was 'Chickens voting for Colonel Sanders'.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Wrong.

Bluh
Dec 28, 2012

Oh god I’m an idiot

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The lengths people will go to to avoid having to think "Hmm maybe I could pay a little more attention to other people and what they want"