Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I really don't understand why they can't make an 18 week season with 16 games work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Justin Jackson expanding his political pundit game in the offseason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzQF85pY4o&t=1628s

https://twitter.com/J_ManPrime21/status/1219810629579464705

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I love him

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

justin jackson is cool

also everyone is probably sort of out of shape or on vacation around then but maybe the professional bowl should be during draft week or something, as a treat for people who otherwise travel cross country just to watch goodell stand behind a podium for an hour

it wouldn't make me care about the offseason but it would be neat

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

Speaking of which... Here's an interesting proposition from Russell Okung. https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/russell-okung-chargers-nflpa-14-games-14-days-recovery

Reduce the season to fourteen games. Give teams two weeks between games. Probably extend the calendar length of the season, from five months to eight to accommodate this schedule.

I think it's really interesting. How many teams' seasons have been ruined by injuries that kept racking up? A more relaxed pace to the season, while still having games every week (just not necessarily your team every single week) would be a lot more watchable and the hype would extend for longer, I think. And with fewer games per weekend, the NFL could increase per-game viewership while extending the actual length of their TV contracts and getting much more revenue out of each season.

Right now, a lot of games are "wasted", since no one can possibly watch all the games that happen every weekend.... Even with Red Zone, you end up missing a good deal of the action. Sunday night and Monday night get most of the shared experience for a reason.
This is an excellent idea that will never happen because Roger Goodell is a coward who is at the beck and call of geriatric, out-of-touch white billionaires.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

hey guy driving the boat

lot of people watching you

hope you dont take a slightly wrong angle, or bump the dock a little hard, or anything

no pressure

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It really sucks that Deadspin died while these stupid assholes are still out there making GBS threads things up

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
I'm good with Barstool dying as well.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7mRJT3H3DD/

Drew Brees' kid knows what's up

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 22, 2020

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

*impending comments on Guantanamo*

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Lol that guy begging for attention in the comments

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nodoze posted:

I like to imagine all of his designs are just adding fire emojis to stuff

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Baylan Brees?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Bail 'n Breeze

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Brain Curry posted:

Thanks, just checked that out from the library.

I think it was called Too Fat to Fish

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I think it was called Too Fat to Fish

Yup. I’m a couple chapters in and Artie is still doing the narration, but I’m looking forward to the annoyed pinch-hitters.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nodoze posted:

he's not begging for attention he's spamming for business. I'm sure you'll find identical comments on other well-trafficked pages

He's en "entrepreneur", see

:wow:

that's pretty fuckin good honestly lmao

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Oh gently caress I’ve been looking for a custom mixtape cover! 🔥🔥🔥

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is that the baby that Brees held up while holding the Lombardi? Oh god we’re getting old.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is that the baby that Brees held up while holding the Lombardi? Oh god we’re getting old.
That was ten years ago so yeah

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

wyoak posted:

Nah because it’s funny when a coach ices the kicker who misses his iced kick and then makes the real one

Can we just shoot all announcers at least? I hate when they say "might as well use em!" And pro-icing poo poo like that

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
gently caress I can't believe I missed Artie Lange chat itt. that episode with Buck is one of the most unabashedly brutal talk show bits ever imo. it's so clear that Artie loves Jack Buck and simultaneously hates the poo poo out of Joe.

the strangest thing is Artie totally called his shot - the show only lasted like an episode or two after Artie's aired

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1220042279110500353

Lamar with the scorching hot take and deep insight

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

he really dug dee and channeled the standard super bowl week coverage on a whole new level

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
BIG TRUSS DON'T CARE WOO WOO
ONE AND DONE WOO WOO©

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Both teams have guys? Holy poo poo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/Rob_Lowder/status/1220002387634425858?s=20

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Lol that fuckin owns

Play
Apr 25, 2006

People were actually saying this wasn't a hold in the GDT lol. Not so sure about that...

Smart idea though to point out the primary receiver receiving single coverage as the guy who most likely would get held, sure enough he was spot on

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Scripted NFL getting sloppy with their kayfabe, you hate to see it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1219703747485618176?s=19

Next season is gonna own

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

gently caress I can't believe I missed Artie Lange chat itt. that episode with Buck is one of the most unabashedly brutal talk show bits ever imo. it's so clear that Artie loves Jack Buck and simultaneously hates the poo poo out of Joe.

the strangest thing is Artie totally called his shot - the show only lasted like an episode or two after Artie's aired

kinda feels like that style of show had peaked around then, pre-Twitter days. I nostalgically remember ESPN from like 2pm-6pm was just constant "panel of random athletes, celebs and writers blabbing hot takes" format.

Even a casual viewer would get that all week and then be like, "why the gently caress would I go out of my way to see Joe Buck attempt this on HBO?"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Next season is gonna own

Do you think Ben has enough game manager in his broken body to ride an elite defense? I mean honest question, the defense is real.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Do you think Ben has enough game manager in his broken body to ride an elite defense? I mean honest question, the defense is real.

lol if you don't think a Brady-less SB this year doesn't mean we suffer a Big Ben win in the next one to atone for our sins

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shanahan is a loving wizard

https://twitter.com/Rob_Lowder/status/1181415816056541185?s=19

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
big ben is fat now so don't get your hopes up

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Big Ben will be better than what they had last year (it'd be hard not to) but the decline from his peak will also be obvious. That's my prediction

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Better Than You posted:

big ben is fat now so don't get your hopes up

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Please, Jesus.

Please have Kyle Shanahan blow another 28-3 lead.