Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Lol at Bryan getting worked by the braid lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

triplexpac posted:

Whole section was an amazing list of grifting

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

bryan is the perfect mark in the original sense of the word

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan: You have to be kind of crazy to get involved in wrestling.
Dave: You're involved in wrestling.
Bryan: I know! :haw:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

triplexpac posted:

What a rube, just fell off the turnip truck.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Croc posted:

Whole section was an amazing list of grifting

Best part was Dave saying the lady's story about the school kids could've been true.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Janela too. loving owned.

I wish they were on this boat forever.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
The braid woman asking Bryan if Dave was his dad had me laughing so hard.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

looking forward to seeing braided alverez

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you need podcasts and are avoiding spoilers Jericho did a retrospective on the career of Super Liger on his latest show and read some clickbait bashing him. Good stuff.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
dynamite needs to hurry up and air so i can clear the WOR cruise backlog

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

If you skip over three Dynamite section of last night's WOR you won't get any spoilers.

Are there spoilers in the Darby interview?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Alan BStard posted:

The braid woman asking Bryan if Dave was his dad had me laughing so hard.

I also really enjoyed the part where Dave and Bryan tried to figure out if their ages made it possible. Those two really are precious sometimes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Darby was born in 97 and claims his first memories from wrestling are from 99 :thunk:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here you are mate

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i liked the darby interview. he seemed super shy to start but he loosened up :unsmith:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

jesus WEP posted:

Darby was born in 97 and claims his first memories from wrestling are from 99 :thunk:
Unless I misheard, I thought he said he was 27 on the Jericho podcast, but Wikipedia says he was born in ‘97. So which is it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“Then he got her pregnant”
“The wife?”

Dave :cripes:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

triplexpac posted:

Lol at him never asking her how much it would cost, only him knowing it would cost more. I really hope before the week is done they get on Joey who reveals he paid way less than Bryan by haggling early.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I knew the basics of the Kentucky story before listening to the Darby interview and it was so much better than I knew.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so Dave has pneumonia right

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Coaaab posted:

Unless I misheard, I thought he said he was 27 on the Jericho podcast, but Wikipedia says he was born in ‘97. So which is it?

Himself or Wikipedia, I know who I believe.

MassRafTer posted:

I knew the basics of the Kentucky story before listening to the Darby interview and it was so much better than I knew.

That was a weird loving story that made....very little sense to me, really. But..... good on you, Darby?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I think the move to Atlanta will be good for Lowtax.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Wazzu posted:

Himself or Wikipedia, I know who I believe.

That was a weird loving story that made....very little sense to me, really. But..... good on you, Darby?

Seriously what the hell was going on with that story haha. He even cut in at the end to make sure he could tell it. Something about getting pepper sprayed by Avenged Sevenfold??

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
dave and bryan getting scammed all over the bahamas and re-telling the stories to each other was absolutely amazing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

illcendiary posted:

Seriously what the hell was going on with that story haha. He even cut in at the end to make sure he could tell it. Something about getting pepper sprayed by Avenged Sevenfold??

getting avenged sevenfold mad enough to pepper spray you sounds like the noblest of acts to me

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

sleep with the vicious posted:

dave and bryan getting scammed all over the bahamas and re-telling the stories to each other was absolutely amazing

Pay closer attention and Dave dodged most scams, unlike Bryan Markavez.

illcendiary posted:

I think he was saying he's hired a friend to try and provide stability for him and his child. Just the weirdest way of oversharing his friend's origin story, and the job seems to be doing stunts and getting hurt. Which is a really weird job under any circumstances, being paid to have Avenged Sevenfold pepper spray you for money for a video to go to..... MTV?

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 23, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loved how Bryan and Dave are trying to wrap their heads around where this story might be going through the front half of Darby's explanation.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Bringing Dave and Bryan on the cruise was smart because they have made it sound like a wrestling fan's dream. Honestly I just assumed it was kind of a scam like most fan cruises (especially podcast related cruises) seem to be but it legit sounds like something that would be cool to do.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
BREAKING: Bryan’s boobs don’t produce milk.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

TL posted:

BREAKING: Bryan’s boobs don’t produce milk.

canceling my membership rn

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Does anyone have a pic of Bryan's braids?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Does anyone have a pic of Bryan's braids?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EO7oF__WkAA4cC0?format=jpg&name=large

He said Janela got the same ones. The WOL wasn't as fun (I thought they'd be filming those in front of an audience?), but it was great where Bryan tried to allude to the Diaz brothers been bad hotel guests and Dave just straight up said their room reeked of weed and they partied until 3 every day.

At least Dave didn't list any felonies.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is Bryan wearing a Cape

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Any thoughts on Darby Allin’s claims of abusing drug addicts for laughs on Jerichos podcast. He said he payed a broke drug addict to stick his head in a poo poo filled toilet and was laughing about it, also apparently he land lords a trailer park? the whole interview really turned me off on him as a human being.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

Eat My Fuc

This is never funny and always a way to avoid any actual conversation.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

This is often funny and always a way to avoid any bad faith arguing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

agreed. Darby really came across as a stupid shithead rear end in a top hat like 4 chan and Chris Jericho