Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Jimbei might be able to join the crew as a ghost using Brooks powers somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Not only is Jimbei going to stay alive to the end of the series, he's also going to pilot a giant mech in the sequel.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Maybe Big Hat belongs to Wa D. Atsumi

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Maybe the dude just loving loves novelty sized hats and it’s unrelated to the story.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Jumboy is the helmsman
Carrot is the lookout

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Is it just me or is it easy to mix up this thread with the Toku thread just by glancing at the subforum topic list?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Is it just me or is it easy to mix up this thread with the Toku thread just by glancing at the subforum topic list?

Well, Gokaiger is literally just One Piece as an anniversary toku show, so you could say they aren't that far from each other.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Jinbe will return at the end of Wano after he climbed the Red Line like his big bro, rescued Vivi and Sabo, AND stole the giant hat just in case it’s important.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
Jinbe has arrived at snake way

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Jianby x snake princess OTP

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
jimbo dies again because theres no way hes anywhere near as strong as goku even pre king kai training

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

When all hope is lost, Jinbei will suddenly appear wearing an eye patch and make the final blow to Jack.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I think a key thing for this arc is that while Orochi and Kaido may have been able to plan for a rebellion in Wano, no one can plan for the Straw Hats.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think a key thing for this arc is that while Orochi and Kaido may have been able to plan for a rebellion in Wano, no one can plan for the Straw Hats.

"Oh no I forgot, this guy is crazy!"

-Orochi just before Luffy punches him in the face

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sub Harrison posted:

When all hope is lost, Jinbei will suddenly appear wearing an eye patch and make the final blow to Jack.

Maybe Moria will reanimate Jimmys body and finally exact his revenge on the beast pirates

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sub Harrison posted:

A light breeze will blow by and deliver the final blow to wimpy Jack

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Wish the chapter was coming out tomorrow... :(

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Maybe Moria will reanimate Jimmys body and finally exact his revenge on the beast pirates

Moria's dead and Blackbeard's got his fruit

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

for all we know that color spread means that jinbei has joined that terrifyingly drawn j-pop group
the Gorillaz?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Jinbei is JoyBoi, obviously. Everyone's just been saying it wrong.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Jinbei is JoyBoi, obviously. Everyone's just been saying it wrong.

We never heard his full name, Diamon D. Jinbei.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ghost Leviathan posted:

As we find out nearly every arc, not even the Strawhats can plan for the Strawhats.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Gyges posted:

As we find out nearly every arc, not even the Strawhats can plan for the Strawhats.

the two times luffy actually goes with a plan and it still doesnt work so may as well just skip straight to the "gently caress it who cares" stage

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Is it okay to post Korean scans of the new chapter or should we just wait?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I like to read the bad scans and then the good

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jose posted:

I like to read the bad scans and then the good

Okay then:

One Piece 969 (Korean)

Note: has some banner ads at the top.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Okay then:

One Piece 969 (Korean)

Note: has some banner ads at the top.

They're of OPM and Takagi-San therefore it is forgiven.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

doomrider7 posted:

They're of OPM and Takagi-San therefore it is forgiven.

I got the gist of that chapter. Man, gently caress Orochi. If there's a thing Oda can do and do well is make some really hateable loving villains.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm going to officially request that people should probably spoiler tag discussion of the new chapters until after the official english translations come out. Gomenesorry.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Oh good, I'll be able to read this thread again before the official release.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Julias posted:

I'm going to officially request that people should probably spoiler tag discussion of the new chapters until after the official english translations come out. Gomenesorry.

That this even needs to be said. What the hell?

Is there a way for us EU goons to read the official release backlog? I've seen people in here talking about a subscription service to be able to read all chapters and not just the latest on the websites but I can't find it and I don't know if it's bad web design, me being a moron or if it's regional.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Shonen jump exists in the UK with the backlog so owned euailures brexit ftw

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

gently caress yeah I'm so psyched for this game

https://nintendoeverything.com/one-piece-pirate-warriors-4-kaido-big-mom-and-basil-hawkins-trailers/

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It’s too bad Big Mom doesn’t get all skeletal in her form change

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Orochi has the best grandparents

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i can't get over the pacing of this arc. its so incredibly good. this flashback has done such a good job at making me cheer for the scabbards and despise the beast pirates in particular orochi more and more. i'll say it again i cannot WAIT to see luffy punch the poo poo out of kaido

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Sometimes I like to think back to Nami's old East Blue hatred of pirates (ie that pirates like Luffy are an unusual minority) and think about how it might apply to the "big timers" now such as the Beasts Pirates. That, and the precursor Romance Dawn classification of pirates as Peace Mains and Morganeers.

As One Piece was originally designed with only the Yonkou at first and the Shichibukai came later, I'd really really love to see the original concepts and designs for the Yonkou in the Romance Dawn or early One Piece art style. Considering how divergent the revealed appearances of Big Mom and Kaidou were vs their silhouettes when Garp mentioned the Yonkou at Water 7, I have to wonder what possible alternative designs Oda came up with when imagining their concept designs.

E:
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Concepts

The unused Shichibukai design looked really interesting. Maybe a pharaoh mummy guy replaced by Crocodile for the sand theme?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 24, 2020

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Sometimes I like to think back to Nami's old East Blue hatred of pirates (ie that pirates like Luffy are an unusual minority) and think about how it might apply to the "big timers" now such as the Beasts Pirates. That, and the precursor Romance Dawn classification of pirates as Peace Mains and Morganeers.

As One Piece was originally designed with only the Yonkou at first and the Shichibukai came later, I'd really really love to see the original concepts and designs for the Yonkou in the Romance Dawn or early One Piece art style. Considering how divergent the revealed appearances of Big Mom and Kaidou were vs their silhouettes when Garp mentioned the Yonkou at Water 7, I have to wonder what possible alternative designs Oda came up with when imagining their concept designs.

E:
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Concepts

The unused Shichibukai design looked really interesting. Maybe a pharaoh mummy guy replaced by Crocodile for the sand theme?

this is incredible

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I’d kill a man for homeless stoner chopper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Seeing prot-blackbeard's name as "Everything" made me doublecheck that wasn't like a nickname he still had and mannnn

I know making fun of the anime is like shooting fish in a barrel but man they really know how to suck the life out of a drawing, huh