Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Some Herbal Teas actually hell acidic reflux, oddly enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

drat, nice! I've had a couple over 200, but few and far in between. Usually in the 150 range.

my best bowling game was when I had closed the first 6 frames, mix of spares/strikes...

...and then we had to go back to work, leaving the game unfinished.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

drat, nice! I've had a couple over 200, but few and far in between. Usually in the 150 range.

Yea I threw 6 straight strikes. I had one other strike and a couple spares. I’ll never do it again.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Just put the water in and it heats right up, no need for rangetop or a plug! This thing is awesome

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
No one is safe. Bernie calling out anyone and everyone.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1220124103090343937?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Things I learned from my mom as a child:

- abortion is murder
- kids should not be taught about safe sex/contraceptives
- sex is for marriage
- satanist are real and will try to abduct me
- homosexuals have an agenda to convert kids

Satanists are in fact real but all they do is wait for evangelicals to pass laws about public display of religious imagery then immediately erect a statue of baphomet to troll them

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
South Beach has started its Super Bowl transformation. Fox is building a stage/studio on the actual beach that spans 5 or 6 city blocks. NFL Network has annexed Lincoln Road and may secede from the Union at any moment. Might just start roaming around Ocean Drive in hopes of bumping into Katie Nolan.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

swickles posted:

South Beach has started its Super Bowl transformation. Fox is building a stage/studio on the actual beach that spans 5 or 6 city blocks. NFL Network has annexed Lincoln Road and may secede from the Union at any moment. Might just start roaming around Ocean Drive in hopes of bumping into Katie Nolan.

You keep your got drat hands off that angel

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

You need to get into some high end night clubs if you want to meet Katie Nolan.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

swickles posted:

people have begun howling at the moon for no logical reason. children run through the streets in formation, stiff arming anything in their path. pigs spontaneously combust, turn inside out, and become footballs. yes, it is truly super bowl season

Samadhi posted:

You keep your got drat hands off that angel

she looks so much like an ex girlfriend of mine that whenever I see her on tv I give an audible gasp (it didn't end well)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My older son's name is Matthew and he's heavily resisting being called Matt because he "doesn't want to be an object"

lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow bernies campaign is aggressive. I gave a decent number for me and they’re already emailing and testing for $3.70 more lol

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

swickles posted:

Say hello to my wife Mina Kimes

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wow bernies campaign is aggressive. I gave a decent number for me and they’re already emailing and testing for $3.70 more lol

They're all like that it seems, it's just part of the process. Apparently it works on people, just annoys me

Usually I'll give under an unused email because as much as I like Bernie or whoever I'm donating to I'm not really interested in being pestered for more money or receiving emails about what their competitors are doing or whatever

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you text something back at them, they'll stop sending them.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I had to text them to stop because once a day got really aggravating.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah, I get a few emails from them a week. And text about once every week or two.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
San Francisco is ending cash bail.

https://twitter.com/chesaboudin/status/1220119049235042305?s=19

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This is one of those things where you're just like, well yeah, it's painfully obvious that's how it should be. And it only took us until twenty loving TWENTY to apply it in a single city

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Play posted:

This is one of those things where you're just like, well yeah, it's painfully obvious that's how it should be. And it only took us until twenty loving TWENTY to apply it in a single city

One actually good thing Kamala Harris attempted to make up for her record as a prosecutor was co-sponsoring a bill (with Rand loving Paul of all people) that would eliminate cash bail nation wide.

Pretty sure it didn't make it out of committee.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Play posted:

Didn't Philly do this two years ago?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I thought cash bail was eliminated from CA last year(?) from an NPR report a while ago.

Oh well, I hope this works in San Francisco to the point it can be implemented state/nationwide.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/frajds/status/1219125000550199301

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I would bet decent money that this just ratchets up the "public safety" requirement to be high enough that about the same amount of people make bail, but I hope I'm wrong

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Amy Pole Her posted:

Some Herbal Teas actually hell acidic reflux, oddly enough!

I've found sleepy teas have been doing this to me which is a great way to not fall asleep :negative:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am just realizing I could have made a couple grand listing my place on AirBnB for like five days during the Super Bowl. Oh well, probably not worth the stress of worrying if some rando is going to destroy my place.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I'm really curious to see how this is implemented because the second someone released does something lovely I can see it- rightly or wrongly- blowing back on the judge in a big way.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

as someone who just beat saints row 2 again, this time on PC for the first time after i figured out how to get it to run as well as it possibly can on the platform (the answer is Powertools and capping the game's framerate at 30), it's absolutely the best game in the series and has really underrated cutscene direction and choreography that doesn't get talked about enough

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I'm really curious to see how this is implemented because the second someone released does something lovely I can see it- rightly or wrongly- blowing back on the judge in a big way.

How big the blowback is will almost certainly depend on what shade of skin the accused has.

Or god forbid they weren't born in this country.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/OregonProgress/status/1220128699187515392?s=19

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Skwirl posted:

How big the blowback is will almost certainly depend on what shade of skin the accused has.

Or god forbid they weren't born in this country.

Brock Turner got a judge recalled, and that was pretty cool.

For the people that dont know, the only shade whiter than Brock is albino.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://mobile.twitter.com/hahabita/status/1219980608312573953?s=21

Paging Kawa

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Brock Turner got a judge recalled, and that was pretty cool.

For the people that dont know, the only shade whiter than Brock is albino.

That's a separate issue Brock negotiated a plea bargain with the DA that the judge massively reduced. Cash bail is about people who either haven't been charged with anything yet, or are awaiting trial, so haven't been convicted.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I feel like ehud and I had very similar upbringings. My parents just got a little less crazy over time.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Mass shooting in downtown Seattle weeeee

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeattlePD/status/1220151956624138240

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Oof, the fourth graders were a tough crowd tonight

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Skwirl posted:

That's a separate issue Brock negotiated a plea bargain with the DA that the judge massively reduced. Cash bail is about people who either haven't been charged with anything yet, or are awaiting trial, so haven't been convicted.

I dont know why you'd think I'd need that explained to me, when we literally just discussed that this is the first time no cash bail has been implemented.

dojokm
Sep 20, 2001

Intruder posted:

My older son's name is Matthew and he's heavily resisting being called Matt because he "doesn't want to be an object"

lol

My parents named me Matthew partially because they thought it was a name that couldn't be easily twisted into some insult. But two weeks after I was born my grandfather was putting me on the floor and calling me "floor matt" or holding me up the door and calling me "door matt." The other main reason was it was a biblical name.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

dojokm posted:

My parents named me Matthew partially because they thought it was a name that couldn't be easily twisted into some insult. But two weeks after I was born my grandfather was putting me on the floor and calling me "floor matt" or holding me up the door and calling me "door matt." The other main reason was it was a biblical name.

Ok, Fatt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

General Dog posted:

Oof, the fourth graders were a tough crowd tonight

God for you on not shying away from an intellectual punch up attempt.