Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1220190842280763393

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God what an incredible time to be a wrestling fan (and a wrestler!)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thread

https://twitter.com/Boo_Nanners/status/1220025718471446529

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I heard rumors about him and it always set alarms off how he tried to be the “sweetest guy”

E: nL (or slip at least) are apologizing for giving him the platform and defending him

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 23, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everybody who gets into that whole "i am a gentlesir" shtick always has some bad poo poo going on from the beginning of time

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I always mix Jervis up with the baseball Chikara Mr. Homerun or something. Nothing of value lost by losing him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is that Jervis Cottonbelly?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1220203930048770050?s=21

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Needs clarification but the girl is citing mental issues which are associated with the new one aka Kevin Condron/the Reddit mod.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yes. Not the first one behind the mask but Kevin Condron

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, the most recent Jervis/Kevin Condron. The guy has been more outspoken about mental health than most on wrestling twitter and seemed like he was sharing his issues for a good purpose, but now knowing that he's been using it to be manipulative, ugh.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well in that case holy loving poo poo, what the hell Vince AND Pat? :stare:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I don’t know how much those rumors hold but people were also citing Vince as boredlerline senile

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Rock go on AEW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I heard rumors about him and it always set alarms off how he tried to be the “sweetest guy”

E: nL (or slip at least) are apologizing for giving him the platform and defending him

They've all commented about it so far. Blake was most upset because IIRC he was the one that said he had the idea to invite him on in the first place

https://twitter.com/50FootBlake/status/1220049991110139906
https://twitter.com/newLEGACYslip/status/1220115286424276993
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1220126353430806529

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

I don’t know how much those rumors hold but people were also citing Vince as boredlerline senile

I think the past 10-15 years of WWE booking has been proof enough of Vince's senility, but apparently it takes him acting out at the funeral of Rocky Johnson to clue the rest of the world in :shrug:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Like, from that video I could maybe see that Vince was trying to say "We remember Rocky Johnson as a good wrestler, but more importantly he was a husband and a father," which is not a weird thing to say at a funeral, only he's gotten so bad at storytelling that he couldn't get that simple concept across?

I don't know how to explain Patterson.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

Like, from that video I could maybe see that Vince was trying to say "We remember Rocky Johnson as a good wrestler, but more importantly he was a husband and a father," which is not a weird thing to say at a funeral, only he's gotten so bad at storytelling that he couldn't get that simple concept across?

He probably ripped down a fifth of vodka in the parking lot. If Legend's House is anything to go by anyway. He and Mean Gene were stinking drunk the entire time.

Edit: A more wholesome memory is Teddy Atlas going to meet the neighbors and housing a plate of brownies after being invited in.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

Sounds like Vince was using the platform as a roast in the Vince McMahon character which is no longer separated from the person

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh I thought that was out there already. That dude was a fuckin creep.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

oh I thought that was out there already. That dude was a fuckin creep.
I’d only heard second hand info that he was extremely bipolar and abusing drugs, but being in that position, using twitter and reddit as a platform to take advantage of people is an absolutely poo poo thing to do

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Maaaan, fuckin hell Jervis. Always poo poo to hear and it always feels kinda lovely to read someone say "i thought this was out there already?" Sucks not being in the know on that poo poo especially since i also didn't know this current one wasn't the first.

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
Was the first Jervis also a shithead or am I misremembering things?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

PantherWill posted:

Was the first Jervis also a shithead or am I misremembering things?
Yeah, which is why Quack replaced him but different reasons.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Still skeptical cause Devon is also a carny shitbag with a serious case of brain worms.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kevin Condron being a sexpest is very unsurprising.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I wonder if Vince's theme suddenly started playing when he began to strut off the stage, confident that the grieving audience would approve of the new meaning he just gave to "no chance in Hell".

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This just makes me realize that I can't wait for Vince's funeral. All three hours of Raw with Vince's body in an upright open casket at the top of the ramp.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

TheKingslayer posted:

This just makes me realize that I can't wait for Vince's funeral. All three hours of Raw with Vince's body in an upright open casket at the top of the ramp.

Displayed in all its glory before being transported to a magnificent purpose-built palace at Stamford, modelled after the mausoleum of Kim Il-Sung.

Edit: This structure is subsequently overtaken in stature by the publicly funded Trump Mausoleum right next door. Somewhere far below us, an irate Vince grits his teeth and growls, "Ugh, that guy, always showing off!!".

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jan 23, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

This just makes me realize that I can't wait for Vince's funeral..

You'll be waiting a while!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Something something coffin match.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Displayed in all its glory before being transported to a magnificent purpose-built palace at Stamford, modelled after the mausoleum of Kim Il-Sung.

Edit: This structure is subsequently overtaken in stature by the publicly funded Trump Mausoleum right next door. Somewhere far below us, an irate Vince grits his teeth and growls, "Ugh, that guy, always showing off!!".
the question is will Michael Cole be interred with Vince, or will it be Kevin Dunn and Michael Cole?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vince will have a sold out MSG filled with cement and be entombed with the entire WWE Universe.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
When Vince dies he'll make Jimmy Savile look like a saint.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TheKingslayer posted:

Triple H tearfully dons a Kane mask and approaches Katie Vince, knowing what he needs to do.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Whoa, let's not go THAT far. Jesus Christ, Operation Yewtree...

How much that Vince get embalmed/preserved like Lenin and the coffin becomes part of the next RAW set overhaul?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Nah, I see Vince's death as more like Maggie Thatcher.

Everybody that knew him, knew of him, and was affected by his evil will rejoice and dance in the street, but the motherfucker will still be lionized and get the wrestling equivalent of a state funeral, (which he managed to stage manage before he died), where out of touch Tories weep crocodile tears hoping to suck up to his kids.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If Vince dies while Trump is president he'll probably get a state funeral.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/wrestlingleva/status/1220212994413682689

pretty sure Angled Heart Mask Sheet had a run with Michinoku Pro in the early 2000s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah, which is why Quack replaced him but different reasons.

Wasn't it over booking disputes and whether the first guy owned the character or not?