Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

'87 is this a reference to something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Given how past books in this series have rewarded us for leaving people to die or rampant greed, I'm still waiting for one to reward cheating. 87.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

AceOfFlames posted:

Given how past books in this series have rewarded us for leaving people to die or rampant greed, I'm still waiting for one to reward cheating. 87.

Now that you mention it, I vaguely recall hearing about a CYOA book where the best ending is only accessible by cheating. Unfortunately for us, it's not part of the GYGB series, so we'll be getting fast-tracked to a bad ending as usual here.

quote:

As soon as you complete the maze, a scream fills the room.

A scream of triumph.

“YOU CHEATED!” The Abominable Snow Woman starts to laugh. It’s a frightening sound, like ice cracking in a stormy sea.

“You didn’t really run the maze!” she chortles. “You guessed where to go. But you guessed wrong. You lose! Now you must become a permanent part of the game!”

“No!” you cry. “No, I –“

Before you can finish the sentence, she waves a handheld scanner over you and Andy. “Get with the program, kids!” she cackles.

ZOOP! You’re sucked into the scanner. You groan as your body is scrunched and squashed. Help! What’s happening to you?

The sad truth is, you’ve been reduced to a bunch of pixels. You no longer exist, except as a bit of a computer program. And you’ll never leave this horrible game now.

Which makes this

THE END!

Come to think of it, I'm not sure how this ending would make sense in-universe. Did we climb over the walls or something?

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Compass

Goal Endings: 0/2

Bad Endings
Stuck with a massive repair bill after digging our way through the VR machine.
Fed to a litter of Abominable Ice Puppies.
Escaped the virtual world, but swapped bodies with Andy in the process.
Accidentally caused a cave-in with a magnifying glass and a compass.
Forced to serve snowballs for an ice-tennis game for a hundred years.
Squashed under the falling corpse of a ten-ton pelican.
Stranded in a virtual igloo with a year's supply of blubber-based foodstuffs.
Crashed a snowmobile into the side of a glacier.
:siren:De-rezzed into a cloud of pixels after cheating our way through the Ice Maze.:siren:

Achievements
A Touch of Frostbite: Escaped the virtual world and gained the power to freeze anything we touch.

Our options posted:

• Play "Adrift off Vega".
  • Correctly solve the final maze.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Fine, 54.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Welp, guess there's no way to solve the ice route. Guess we will just have to play the space game. :shobon: Weird though. I expected there'd be a goal end here.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Ok, I GUESS we'll go with 54...

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rebonack7 posted:

Now that you mention it, I vaguely recall hearing about a CYOA book where the best ending is only accessible by cheating. Unfortunately for us, it's not part of the GYGB series, so we'll be getting fast-tracked to a bad ending as usual here.

Yes, I mentioned that book a couple of times in this thread. It was called Inside UFO 54-40. In that book, you're abducted by aliens searching for a paradise planet called "Ultima". The only hint you're given is a "Special Warning" at the beginning claiming that "many never reach Ultima, because no one can get there by making choices or following instructions!". Hence the ending where you find Ultima is not linked to any place in the book so you have to cheat to get it.

https://matlarkin.com/blog/2014/04/08/the-bomb-inside-inside-ufo-54-40

EDIT: Yes, that above bolded bit is my vote.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 21, 2020

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Octatonic posted:

Welp, guess there's no way to solve the ice route. Guess we will just have to play the space game. :shobon: Weird though. I expected there'd be a goal end here.

Yeah, weird. Oh well, adrift off Vega it is!

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

The Ultima ending of Inside UFO 54-40 would have come off more like an Easter egg if the book didn't taunt you with the ending's existence with the "special warning" in the beginning. At least it's never really set up as your character's goal. They just want to escape the ship and go home.

And 54. Space can wait its turn.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Welp... 54 it is.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Alright... I've done the maze proper and figured out why we were 'cheating.' There was literally no way to get to 87 from the start.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well, yes, that's generally the reason for the maze bad endings.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

We've exhausted literally every other option on this path, so it's about time we finally put the Abominable Snow Woman on ice! I'm not apologizing.

quote:

As soon as you complete the maze, you hear a shriek.

“No!” screams the Abominable Snow Woman. “Impossible! I won’t let you win!”

“Ignore her!” Andy warns. “We have to reach the control center!”

You see the controls up ahead. A switch sits in the middle of the console.

Somehow, you have to get past the Snow Woman.

“Never!” she repeats. “You’ll never get past me!” Her eyes begin to flash. Long blue sparks shoot out of her fingertips.

SNAP! CRACK! SPITZZZ!

While you watch in horror, she begins to grow. She becomes taller. She spreads out to the sides. Right before your eyes, she expands until she completely fills the space ahead of you.

There’s no way you can get past her. No way you can get to the control center.

Unless...

You have a sudden, desperate idea.

quote:

“We’ve forgotten something,” you whisper to Andy. “We’re in a computer program. Maybe we can make the program crash. That would definitely get rid of her.”

Andy stares at you. “What about us?” he asks.

You shrug. “I don’t know. We’ll just have to see whether we make it back to reality or not.”

“Okay,” Andy says after a minute. “What do we do?”

“We have to put in more information than the computer’s memory can handle,” you explain. “I’ll bet this program only handles English. Do you speak another language?”

“Only Pig Latin,” Andy replies.

“Try it,” you urge. “Just say anything.”

“Okay. Rrrr-bay! I’m-way ery-vay old-cay,” Andy begins.

“Ee-may oo-tay,” you agree. “Is-thay etter-bay ork-way ast-fay.”

The Abominable Snow Woman stares suspiciously at you. “What are you doing?” she demands. She thrusts out her hands, and blue sparks shoot from her fingertips. “You will never –“

Then, all of a sudden, she freezes – in the middle of her sentence. Her hideous mouth hangs open.

quote:

Everything is frozen. You can’t move or speak. Neither can Andy. Even the sparks from the Abominable Snow Woman’s fingers hang motionless in midair.

Then, after a few seconds, you’re able to move again.

“It’s working. The computer froze!” you shout to Andy. “It can’t handle Pig Latin! Eep-kay alking-tay!”

“I’m running out of things to say,” he gasps. “I mean, I’m-way unning-ray out-way of-way ings-thay o-tay ay-say.”

“Ing-say!” you suggest. “Ell-tay a-way oke-jay!”

Suddenly, ghostly words and symbols start to appear in the air. A message from the computer’s hard drive! It reads: MEMORY SHORTAGE – CLOSE LANGUAGE FILES IMMEDIATELY.

The Snow Woman stomps toward you. But you keep up your torrent of nonsense words. The computer sends out another warning message: SYSTEM OVERLOAD! SYSTEM OVERLOAD!

The Snow Woman’s hand clamps over your mouth. You can’t speak.

But Andy can! Just as he yells, “Is-thay ame-gay inks-stay!” the world goes totally black. Except for one shrinking white dot – right where the Abominable Snow Woman was standing.

Finally, the dot vanishes with a POP!

quote:

You blink. Hey! You’re back in the virtual reality booth! Andy is in the seat next to you. The game has crashed, sending you both back to reality. *Real* reality.

Your friends are standing outside the booth. You introduce Andy to them. “He – uh – he came in after the game started,” you say. The truth would just be too hard to explain.

“How was your adventure?” Katy asks.

“It was cool. But maybe a little too real,” you admit.

“Ours was bogus,” Jordan says. “As soon as we got started, it came to an end. We went to complain to Madame Zapp. But she’s gone. All we found was her veil, lying on the floor.” He points.

You stare at the pile of gray fabric. Whoa! It’s all that’s left of Madame Zapp – alias the Abominable Snow Woman!

“I’m hungry,” Jordan announces. “Let’s go for ice cream.”

You and Andy exchange glances. “Uh... you guys go on ahead,” you mumble. “We’ll pass.”

“But ice cream’s your favorite,” Katy protests.

“Not anymore,” you reply. Somehow, the thought of eating ice cream leaves you – well – cold!

THE END

Call me crazy, but I'm starting to get the impression Stine doesn't understand how computers work.

Anyway, since there's nothing else we can do on this path, we might as well give Adrift off Vega a try!

quote:

“I want to play ‘Adrift off Vega,’” you tell Madame Zapp.

Madame Zapp shrugs. “It’s your choice,” she says. “But you may be sorry you didn’t take my advice.”

Before you can answer, she shuts the door to the booth. Through the helmet visor, you see her throw a switch.

Instantly, you’re slammed hard into the seat. Your whole body presses against the cushions. You feel as if you weigh a thousand pounds.

A deafening roar fills your ears. It sounds like a thousand jet engines powering up at once. The booth shakes and rocks.

This must be what it’s like to take off in a real rocket, you think. It’s so cool!

The noise of the virtual engines grows even louder. The booth shakes even more. There’s one last, heavy BUMP!

Then – silence.

The walls of the booth vanish.

Whoa! Where are you?

quote:

You’re in a large room. The metal walls are painted gray. On your left is a heavy, round door. On your right, a huge window through which you see millions of stars. Beneath the window, you notice a small hatchway.

It’s perfect! Just the way you imagined a spaceship would look.

You peer out the window. A big reddish planet with yellow rings swims into view. It looks kind of like Saturn – but the colors are different.

“This is a way cool ship!” Jordan exclaims.

“Yeah. And it really looks like there’s a planet out there,” Katy comments, gazing into the blackness.

You reach out to touch the thick Plexiglas of the window. It’s cold. You knock on a metal wall. CLANG!

“It all seems so real,” you agree. “It’s awesome! I wonder when the adventure starts?”

At that moment the big, round door crashes open.

Even though you know the game isn’t real, you can’t help screaming when you see what fills the doorway.

quote:

The thing in the doorway is eight feet tall. Its smooth green skin is covered with grayish slime. It has two heads with giant, lidless eyes. And it’s got four long, ropy arms – each with wicked, clawed fingers.

“Ewwwww!” Katy cries. “Gross!”

“It’s an alien!” Jordan exclaims. “I guess the game is starting. Maybe we’re supposed to fight it.”

The alien stomps toward you. Its feet leave puddles of slime, like a snail. You glance around for weapons. But all you see are some empty boxes. No verteron-ray guns or light swords.

The alien’s four arms wave wildly. Black drops of goo fly from its fingers and land on Katy's skin.

“Ow!” she cries. “It burns!”

“Don’t be dumb,” Jordan scoffs. “How can it burn? This is virtual reality. You can’t get hurt here!”

“That’s what you think!” Katy snaps. She holds up her arm. Ugly red blisters are popping up all over her skin.

“Cool!” Jordan exclaims. “That looks totally real.”

“It is real!” Katy complains. “This is no fun. I’m getting out of this game.” She reaches up and pulls off her virtual reality helmet.

And then she screams.

quote:

“What’s the matter, Katy?” you cry. You and Jordan quickly pull off your own helmets.

Then you understand why Katy is screaming.

Even without the helmet on, you’re still in the gray metal room. The alien is still there too.

“What’s going on?” Jordan cries. “Why are we still here?”

“Don’t panic!” you call. “It must be a glitch in the game.”

“It’s not a game,” the alien says in a hollow, mechanical voice. You notice a metal speaker attached to its neck.

“What do you mean, it’s not a game?” you demand. “Of course it’s a game! We’re in a virtual reality arcade.”

“Wrong,” the alien announces. “This is real. We kidnapped you from the arcade.”

Your head spins. This must be part of the adventure, you think. It’s got to be!

“No way,” you tell the alien. “This is all part of a computer program.”

“Would you like another demonstration of my reality?” the alien asks. Before you can answer, it snakes a long, slimy arm around your neck – and starts to squeeze.

Help! You can’t breathe!

quote:

At last the alien relaxes its grip. You gasp for air.

“Now do you believe I’m real?” the alien asks.

You nod slowly. It must be true. You’re really in space. The alien really did kidnap you!

“How – how did you bring us here?” you ask.

“Easy,” the alien replies. “We build a transport pod to look like a virtual reality booth.”

“But why?” Katy asks. “What do you want with us?”

Just then a panel in the wall chimes softly. A voice says something in a weird, whistling language.

“Excuse me,” the alien says after listening to the message. “I must leave for a moment. When I return, you will do as I say.”

The alien slimes through the door.

“I want to go home!” Katy wails.

“We can’t, dummy,” Jordan moans. “We’re stuck here.”

You force yourself to think logically. “If we can overpower the alien somehow, maybe we can force it to take us home.”

“How can we fight all those arms?” Jordan protests. “I say we try to escape through that hatch.” He points to the small hatch underneath the window.

To fight the alien, turn to PAGE 48.

To escape through the hatch, go to PAGE 28.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

:siren:Goal Endings: 1/2:siren:

Bad Endings
De-rezzed into a cloud of pixels after cheating our way through the Ice Maze.

Achievements
A Touch of Frostbite: Escaped the virtual world and gained the power to freeze anything we touch.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Escape!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Mama say knock you out!

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

...I think this book may have been my first exposure to Pig Latin.

I see no reason why fighting the giant, acid-spitting tentacle monster would go badly.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Make like a monster egg from Mars and hatch.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=105SbyJJcK0

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Between Katy, Jordan, and us, we've got one more head and two more arms at our disposal than the alien. By that math, we can't lose!

quote:

“Okay, listen up. We have to work together if we’re going to beat this slimy alien,” you say quickly.

The only possible weapons in the hold are the empty cartons. They’re not much – but they’re better than nothing. Each of you picks up a carton.

And then you wait.

A moment later, the door opens. The alien slithers in.

“Now!” you shout. You hurl your box at the hideous creature.

“EEEEYAAAAH!” Katy shouts, throwing her carton.

“Take that, black-hole-breath!” Jordan yells, swinging a box like a club.

The alien throws it four arms in front of its faces to protect itself. One of the cartons slams into its stomach.

The alien screams in rage and bounds toward you and your friends. Hot globs of black goo from its fingers spray all over the room.

You scream as the acid goop splatters you. “Keep throwing stuff!” you shout to your friends. “It’s our only hope!”

quote:

You and your friends grab more cartons and throw them as fast as you can. One of the cartons lands over one of the creature’s heads. Another carton covers the other head.

The alien lets out a high-pitched squeak of pain and confusion. It begins to stagger in circles.

“It can’t see!” Katy cries.

The alien squeaks in panic. It falls heavily to the floor. Its arms wave feebly in the air.

You approach the alien, holding another carton. You kick a carton off one of the creature’s heads. Then you kick off the second carton.

“No!” the alien squeaks. “Don’t hit me again!”

“What a wimp!” Jordan mutters.

“I won’t hit you – if you promise to return us to Earth,” you announce in your deepest voice.

The alien gazes meekly up at you. Tears flow out of its eyes.

“I’m sorry,” it says. “That is impossible.”

quote:

“We can’t take you home,” the alien whimpers. “We used up all our power bringing you here.”

Your heart skips a beat. Can it be true?

“No!” Katy cries. “I don’t believe it!”

“It’s true,” the alien says. “We had to do it. You are our only hope. You see, for centuries we Vegans have been at war with the Arcturans. We fight all our battles by computer – with virtual reality games. But the Arcturans have invented a new game. A horrible, dangerous game. We don’t dare play it. We might get hurt! So the Arcturans are about to win the war.”

“So?” you ask. “What does that have to do with us?”

“You must defeat the Arcturans for us,” the Vegan replies. “Earth kids are the best game players in the galaxy.

“In other words, you’re too chicken to play? You want us to do it for you? Forget it!” you scoff. “Take us home.”

“I tell you, we can’t,” the Vegan insists. “You have no way to get back unless you play the game. If you win, we can rebuild our power supply and return you to your home. If you lose – you will share our fate.”

You realize you don’t really have a choice.

quote:

You follow the Vegan to a big room filled with other four-armed aliens playing flashing arcade games. A big, new-looking game booth stands in the center of the room.

“This is where we fight the Arcturans,” the alien tells you. “The new war game has three levels: Red, Yellow, and Blue. You may start with either Red or Yellow. You must win both of them to earn the chance to play the Blue level.”

“What happens if we win the Blue level?” you ask.

“The Arcturans will be defeated,” the Vegan replies. “We will be powerful, then – and you will return home.”

“What if we lose?” Katy asks.

“You mustn’t lose!” the Vegan cries. “The game is virtual, but because your brain is connected directly to it, your fate will be quite real.”

You gulp. You’ve never played for such high stakes!

You and your friends sit at the console. The Vegan slips electrodes into your ears. “When you win one level, you’ll return here to begin the next,” it tells you. “Good luck!”

You and your friends study the console in front of you. A screen above the Red level shows a red-desert planet. A screen for the Yellow level shows a big yellowish-green planet.

To start on the Red level, turn to PAGE 95.

To start on the Yellow level, turn to PAGE 7.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings

Achievements

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Yellow sounds easier than Red.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Red

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I’m seeing red.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

"Black-hole-breath"...?

I vote red.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Red desert. surely we'll live there.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Might as well start with the Red level!

quote:

“We’ll play the Red level,” you tell the alien.

“Our scientists have made a map of the game area for that level,” the Vegan announces. “It’s not complete. But maybe it will help.” It hands you a small scrap of paper. Then it reaches for a red switch.

“When I turn this on,” it explains, “you’ll be transported to the Red level. Remember: Because the game is connected to your brain, anything that happens in the game will really happen to you. So be very, very careful!”

A chill of fear runs down your back. But you have no choice. Your only hope of ever returning to Earth is to win these games!

You give a thumbs-up sign to Jordan and Katy.

“Ready?” asks the Vegan.

“Ready!” you all declare.

The Vegan throws the On switch.

quote:

A blinding light forces your eyes shut. You feel as if you’re on an elevator that’s plunging down out of control.

The falling feeling suddenly stops. You open your eyes.

You’re in a rose-colored room with red tile floors. Red and pink couches, chairs, and tables are scattered about. The warm air smells faintly of flowers. All is still and silent.

“We’re in someone’s living room,” Katy whispers.

She’s right. One wall of the room is covered with framed pictures. Crossed swords hang on another wall. Next to them is a rifle. Instead of a trigger, it has a collection of dials and knobs. It must be an energy weapon, you think.

Through the large windows, you see bare, scorching desert. A clear pink sky arches over hot red sand. Strange, scraggly weeds poke up through the sand. A red sun blazes overhead.

“Whoa!” Katy exclaims. “I wonder who lives here?”

“There’s a picture of them over here,” Jordan replies, pulling a framed photo off the wall. His face goes pale. “Uh-oh,” he mutters. “I think we’re in trouble.”

quote:

You rush over and grab the picture out of Jordan’s hands.

Katy peers over your shoulder. “Lizards!” she cries.

You gaze at the picture. It shows a lizard family – a mother, father, and baby. But you know they aren’t really lizards. For one thing, this isn’t Earth.

For another thing, you don’t remember ever seeing a lizard with such long, sharp teeth!

“I think we’d better get out of here before they come home,” you remark. Strolling to the open door, you step outside.

Hot red sun sears your skin. Screaming in pain, you leap back into the house. You glance at your arms.

You got a sunburn in about a second!

“Forget that,” you tell your friends. “We’ll have to find someplace to hide what we figure out what to do next.”

“Uh – I think it’s too late,” Katy murmurs. “Turn around.”

You turn around – and come face-to-face with the owner of the house!

quote:

Well, you aren’t quite face-to-face. The lizard-creature hasn’t seen you yet. It’s busy taking off a long coat made of shiny silver material.

You stand frozen, staring at the alien. It’s covered with red scales. A long red tongue flicks out between its sharp teeth.

It hangs the coat on a hook, then turns around.

Its small, evil black eyes land on you.

Instantly, the scales on its back rise up. They make a buzzing sound, like a rattlesnake. It opens its mouth and hisses.

Then it leaps toward you.

“It’s attacking!” Jordan screams.

Desperately, you glance around the room. The weapons on the wall catch your eye.

“Run!” you call to your friends. “I’ll hold it off!”

Which should you try? A sword? Or the energy weapon?

Decide fast!

Take a sword on PAGE 29.

Try the energy weapon on PAGE 110

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
:siren:Red Level Map:siren:

Bad Endings

Achievements

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Sword

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Take the gun!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Use Chekov's Phaser Rifle

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Time to be a jedi.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Sword. That "energy weapon" could be a tube-shaped toaster for all the player character knows.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Go ahead and peek into the yellow path.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

En garde, luggage-breath!

quote:

Katy and Jordan take off through an open doorway. Their footsteps pound down the hall.

Quickly, you grab a sword from the wall. Holding the weapon in front of you, you face your attacker.

The lizard’s red tongue darts out of its mouth. Now you notice that its fingers end in long, sharp, curved claws.

One swipe of those claws could rip you to pieces!

You grip the sword tighter.

The lizard jumps at you, hissing.

In terror, you swing the sword. WHAP!

You don’t mean to, but your wild swing chops off the lizard’s hand! The scaly creature screams. Green blood spurts all over the red tile.

Gross! You concentrate on holding the sword ready – and not hurling.

The lizard hisses and grabs at you with its other hand.

THOCK! You slice that one off too.

The lizard’s beady eyes fill with pain and rage.

You lower the sword. “Get lost before I make you into a wallet!” you taunt.

But you forgot one thing.

quote:

Even on Earth, some injured lizards can grow new tails.

Here they can grow new arms! In front of your eyes, the lizard’s hands begin to grow back.

The new claws look even sharper than the old ones.

As you stare, the lizard pounces. It pins you to the floor. Its hot, stinking breath blasts in your face.

In a desperate move, you slash at its neck.

SNICK! The sharp sword slices off the lizard’s head.

The head rolls to the floor, blood oozing from its neck.

But the lizard doesn’t let go of you! It continues to hold you down – while a new head starts to grow.

In horror, you watch as a tiny bump grows from the lizard’s neck. The bump grows bigger. A pair of tiny black eyes appear. Then a tiny mouth.

The mouth opens, revealing dozens of dagger-like teeth.

It looks as if you’re the one who’s going to be a wallet!

You hope Jordan and Katy managed to get away. Maybe, you think, they’ll find a way to defeat the creature someday. But unfortunately, this time the lizard came out ahead.

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Red Level Map

Bad Endings
:siren:Had our head bitten off by a lizard-man after attacking him with a sword.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Escape through the hatch.
  • Play the Yellow level.
  • Fight the lizardman with the energy weapon.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Lemme see that Yellow level.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Alright... So uncivilized.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Escape through the hatch

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Pew Pew!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

One of these weapons has to work, right?

quote:

As Jordan and Katy dash down the hall, you grab the energy weapon. Its stubby barrel is covered with glowing knobs and dials. You have no idea what any of them do.

Maybe you can fake it. You aim the weapon at the lizard, then back up slowly, ready to follow your friends.

The lizard gazes at you. Its eyes widen. Is it afraid?

Then it makes a strange barking noise: “HNH! HNH! HNH!”

Hey! The lizard is... laughing!

Claws outstretched, it starts toward you.

You twist one of the glowing dials on your weapon.

Nothing happens.

You try another, and another. Still nothing.

You press a knob on the bottom.

PING! PLINK! KERBLINKITY! The weapon breaks into pieces!

In desperation, you throw the pieces at the lizard. It slips on a ball bearing and falls flat on its face. You take off after Katy and Jordan as fast as you can. You hurtle around a corner.

And then you skid to a stop. Your heart pounds.

Katy and Jordan lie motionless at the far end of the hall.

quote:

“Guys!” you cry, running to them. “Are you all right?”

Jordan raises his head. “We’re fine,” he replies calmly. “We were just trying to decide which way to go.”

Now you see why your friends are lying on the floor. They’re gazing into a big, open trapdoor. Stairs lead down one side of the trapdoor. A red plastic slide leads down the other.

You suddenly remember the map that the Vegan gave you. Quickly, you fish it out of your pocket and study it.

“The stairway leads to something called the ‘Garden of Doom,’” you announce. “The slide goes to the Pit of Horrors.”

“What a choice,” Katy mutters.

You examine the map more closely. In big letters it says WARNING. DO NOT APPROACH THE

The rest of the sentence is missing.

HISSSSSS!

“The lizard!” Katy shrieks. “Which way do we go?”

There’s no intelligent way to decide. So take this silly test: Do you have a staircase in your own house? If so, climb down to the Garden of Doom on PAGE 68.

If you don't have a staircase, slide on down to the Pit of Horrors on PAGE 129.

...Nope. For once in my life, I'm going to ignore the low-hanging fruit and not make the obvious joke.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Red Level Map

Bad Endings
Had our head bitten off by a lizard-man after attacking him with a sword.

Achievements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I am not protected