Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZzDsg_a-Hg

this is kinda fun too, the best play from every single super bowl. as much as I enjoyed seeing the plays and experiencing how football has changed over the years, it was also interesting to see all the super bowl logos they came up with every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play posted:

this is kinda fun too, the best play from every single super bowl. as much as I enjoyed seeing the plays and experiencing how football has changed over the years, it was also interesting to see all the super bowl logos they came up with every year

Is there a worse best play then Neil O'Donnell hucking a pass right into the breadbasket of the defender?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

PupsOfWar posted:

who did antonio brown burgle

in florida if you open a car door it is burglary because they really like putting poor people in prison forever for minor crimes.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Elephanthead posted:

in florida if you open a car door it is burglary because they really like putting poor people in prison forever for minor crimes.

AB isn’t poor though. He’s just insane

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Best play in Super Bowl V: guy kicks a short field goal!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Play posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfo8O-zXXac

ive been posting these so I guess I'll keep doing so

laughed pretty hard at Tannehill right in the beginning "I feel like a real jackwagon"

"I love you guys I love playing with you let's ENJOY this!"

Tannehill then promptly gets tattooed by Dirty Dan

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a patagonian cavy posted:

AB isn’t poor though. He’s just insane

He's black in florida tho so good luck my guy

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

adaz posted:

He's black in florida tho so good luck my guy

fair enough

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Mega64 posted:

This just shows you don't have a real Football Mind, real champions lose in the big game, that's why the Vikings and Bills are so respected these days.

If I was the Bills I simply would have won 4 super bowls in a row instead of the opposite

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Is there a worse best play then Neil O'Donnell hucking a pass right into the breadbasket of the defender?
The very first play of Super Bowl 48. That play alone set the tone for the rest of the game.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
In case anyone forgot Florio is a massive piece of poo poo :

quote:

“You know what, at a certain level, I think that… I wanna be careful here, because I’m not suggesting that they try to knock him out of the game. That’s not what I’m saying. But at a certain point, you trade the risk of 15 yards if you can send a message. And football is still a physical, violent game. If you can hit him, even if it’s close to the sideline, even if he’s maybe started into his slide, when the championship is riding on it, I think it’s a different analysis. Yeah, we may give up 15 yards or half the distance to the goal line…

“I mean, that’s the thing, Peter, if somebody had blown up Patrick Mahomes inside the five [yard line], it goes from the four to the two. Big deal. So again I’m not saying that that should be part of the deliberate effort, but the Super Bowl is riding on it. If this guy’s gonna think he can just run through the defense without any physical consequence, they need to dispel him of that notion the first time he tries.”

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Better Than You posted:

The very first play of Super Bowl 48. That play alone set the tone for the rest of the game.

https://i.gifer.com/8g3v.mp4

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

a neat cape posted:

You wont feel the lows that come with having a team

You also won't feel the highs.

It's a tradeoff

as a trans-atlantic Lions fan of nearly 30 years, what are these "highs" you speak of?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Quiet Feet posted:

Is Eli gets into the Hall of Fame then so should Nick Foles. I'll grant you he has one less SB win over the Patriots, but he also shares the record for most touchdowns in a single game with the brother of HoF'er Eli Manning. That and Philly Philly should put him over the top.

Also I don't understand why anybody gives a poo poo that Play doesn't have a team. I'm an Eagles fan but I watch basically every single other game I can every week because it's an entertaining sport.

Eli retired 7th all time in passing yards, 7th in passing touch downs, two super bowls, and four pro bowls, even though pro bowls don't matter. Nick Foles has 45k less passing yards, a super bowl he stumbled into, one amazing game, and got benched twice then traded.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

as a trans-atlantic Lions fan of nearly 30 years, what are these "highs" you speak of?

If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Grittybeard posted:

Sometimes I think how fun it would be to go back to 2009 and try to convince my old self that a team would miss out on going to the Super Bowl very specifically because Ted Ginn Jr was injured and it turned out to be massively important.

e: oh my god, because Tedd Ginn's replacement wasn't able to catch something too.

gently caress you Kyle Williams!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Has Antonio Brown been arrested yet?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Play posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZzDsg_a-Hg

drat, that tackle on Csonka in VII. Can't get a guy to go down? Just grab his facemask in both hands and see if his head will come off.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Doltos posted:

Eli retired 7th all time in passing yards, 7th in passing touch downs, two super bowls, and four pro bowls, even though pro bowls don't matter. Nick Foles has 45k less passing yards, a super bowl he stumbled into, one amazing game, and got benched twice then traded.

I'm glad you came around to set me straight because I was serious as gently caress. Like dead loving serious.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Strobe posted:

:barf:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bob Socko posted:

Has Antonio Brown been arrested yet?

Last I heard, he was barricaded in his house.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Strobe posted:

It's funny because people say this about every great QB, and yet weirdly, like no players are actually interested in violently assaulting the most popular and famous dude on the field that the league is insanely invested in.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

man he's lucky he's rich

Kalli posted:

It's funny because people say this about every great QB, and yet weirdly, like no players are actually interested in violently assaulting the most popular and famous dude on the field that the league is insanely invested in.

Most players don't want to be known as a person who would do stuff like that either. Their best friends are all in the league so doing dumb stuff like that is gonna get you shunned

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
We're only a decade removed from a DC telling his players to take out a HoF quarterback.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

We're only a decade removed from a DC telling his players to take out a HoF quarterback.

Yeah I think the culture in the league is changing pretty rapidly actually. The idea that you should try to physically hurt your opponent is definitely not as popular as it used to be

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm glad you came around to set me straight because I was serious as gently caress. Like dead loving serious.

The NFC East thread has made it impossible for me to tell if Eagles fans are capable of not overrating their players

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Doltos posted:

The NFC East thread has made it impossible for me to tell if Eagles fans are capable of not overrating their players

are you trying to tell me that JJ Arcega-Whiteside isn’t the next big thing and a steal in the second???????

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

gently caress Neil O'Donnell

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

gently caress Neil O'Donnell

Thinking about that era of the Steelers I was like, oh yeah, Cowher was a really, really good coach for a long rear end time.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

Thinking about that era of the Steelers I was like, oh yeah, Cowher was a really, really good coach for a long rear end time.

You might think that, but also be reminded that Cowher was never saddled with turd QBs -- that's what he wanted. The offense only existed to not lose the game for the defense. He was all-in on Marty Ball so hard that he once literally called Trent Dilfer the Ideal QB

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

wandler20 posted:

When people say this they just mean he locked the doors right? I keep imagining sand bags and a moat and maybe a big huge wood bar across the door. Or at the very least like a chair propped up under the door knob.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Strobe posted:

From the article:

"Hell, the same should be said about Florio—that no one should ever advocate violence against him or anyone."

Bullshit. Florio has the most punchable face in the business.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Inspector 34 posted:

When people say this they just mean he locked the doors right? I keep imagining sand bags and a moat and maybe a big huge wood bar across the door. Or at the very least like a chair propped up under the door knob.

AB boarding up the doors and windows like Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix at the end of Signs

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Gonna crosspost this right here

https://twitter.com/JohnJHendrix/status/1220532794151051264?s=19

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

pasaluki posted:

From the article:

"Hell, the same should be said about Florio—that no one should ever advocate violence against him or anyone."

Bullshit. Florio has the most punchable face in the business.

How strictly are we defining "business"? Cause I'm thinking of at least a couple names that could qualify

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
hopefully eli and brady get in the hof at the same time

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mankins is never getting in without a ring and a far less impressive resume than Tony Boselli who is probably never getting in.

drat I had to go look that up because Mankins was a fixture of the team for years.

Literally played the most number of seasons he could have with Brady without winning a ring lol. 9 years, missed it by 1 in either direction.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Did you read the actual article or did you just rush in to post your zinger?

Who cares lol

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014
I don’t have a team, but I want one. Next team posted becomes mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Browns