Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

If humans had dicks that were twice their body length and were stored inside before being fired out under hydraulic pressure that would also be terrifying.

...wait, is that *not* supposed to happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

So apparently the much vaunted screening process for Wuhan Coronovirus is just handing someone a leaflet and sending them on their way.... thank you Matt Hancock

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Not So Fast posted:

So apparently the much vaunted screening process for Wuhan Coronovirus is just handing someone a leaflet and sending them on their way.... thank you Matt Hancock

Well yeah, anything else would cost NHS resources, and might impinge on the individuals ability to contribute to the economy. Number go UP!!!!!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

They're the union for ASDA employees which makes me question their utility.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo Donna's cakes.........................

OwlFancier posted:

If we're picking abilities from the animal kingdom I would also like to bagsy the ability to spray blood out of my eyes in the manner of the horned lizard.

I don't have a practical use for that one in mind, but I think I could find uses for it if I had it.

I'd like the ability to flash my eyes at speeding cars so they explode. Don't know what animal has that ability mind you!

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thanks for being nice to me yesterday.

I wish i took more photos but I have at least a couple.

The best boy :unsmith:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Chuff McNothing posted:

Thanks for being nice to me yesterday.

I wish i took more photos but I have at least a couple.

The best boy :unsmith:

Lovely boy :)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Not So Fast posted:

When we had that Foot and Mouth scare back in the 2000s, all they did was force us to walk on some disinfectant mats at the irish border.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'd like the ability to flash my eyes at speeding cars so they explode. Don't know what animal has that ability mind you!
Large deer.

The deer don't usually come out so well either though.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guavanaut posted:

Large deer.

The deer don't usually come out so well either though.

Moose.

Apparently moose can stop a car well enough to kill people and sometimes walk away from it relatively unscathed.

E: I mean, not very often. Usually the moose will also be hosed up.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

WhatEvil posted:

Moose.

Apparently moose can stop a car well enough to kill people and sometimes walk away from it relatively unscathed.

E: I mean, not very often. Usually the moose will also be hosed up.

Apparently, the problem with moose is that they have (relatively) little, spindly legs, but big, heavy bodies at about the same height as the average car windscreen. In other words, they're perfectly designed to skim along the bonnet and mulch anyone in the passenger compartment when they get hit.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Darth Walrus posted:

Apparently, the problem with moose is that they have (relatively) little, spindly legs, but big, heavy bodies at about the same height as the average car windscreen. In other words, they're perfectly designed to skim along the bonnet and mulch anyone in the passenger compartment when they get hit.

Same issue as camels exactly then.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

If we're picking abilities from the animal kingdom I would also like to bagsy the ability to spray blood out of my eyes in the manner of the horned lizard.

I don't have a practical use for that one in mind, but I think I could find uses for it if I had it.

You would never lose an argument.

Or at least, you'd never have to admit to losing.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Strom Cuzewon posted:

You would never lose an argument.

Or at least, you'd never have to admit to losing.

Would be more definitive if he had the ability to spew pressurized formic acid like some ants.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao he's having a very normal one

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/21/laurence-fox-claims-sikh-soldier-sam-mendes-war-epic-1917-forcing-diversity-viewers-12093965/

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
when ur very smart:

quote:

It is kind of racist – if you talk about institutional racism, which is what everyone loves to go on about, which I’m not a believer in, there is something institutionally racist about forcing diversity on people in that way.
:thunk:

So either way it's a non issue?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

When even Piers Morgan thinks you're a oval office.

https://twitter.com/possiblyel/status/1219944352459448320?s=19

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Why is he trying to be chief oval office all of a sudden?

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

Why is he trying to be chief oval office all of a sudden?

He thinks he can make a career out of it.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I thought he had one of those already

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tired boor trying to capitalize on BoJo election success to lead a wave of "I'm just saying what the silent majority are thinking" reactionary counterculture bullshit that nobody seems to be having but the British press will give him a voice anyway because they're also poo poo.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Chief oval office posted:

Which is great, it’s brilliant, but you’re suddenly aware there were Sikhs fighting in this war. And you’re like “ok”. You’re now diverting me away from what the story is.

Professional actor unable to follow plot of blockbuster movie whenever a non-white actor appears in frame

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

I thought he had one of those already

Not much of one.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Guavanaut posted:

"I'm just saying what the silent majority are thinking" reactionary counterculture bullshit

Yeah, what *is* that?

"I, too, have noticed that the thing about the majority of people these days is they keep their opinions firmly to themselves"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Meanwhile, in America...

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1220360049203318788

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Darth Walrus posted:

Not much of one.

But he was in lewis!

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

RADA-educated man blindsided by revelation that people of multiple ethnicities fought in World War One

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

He's all over the place because the UK media feels it isn't doing its job properly unless it shovels racist uninformed cunts down your throat at every opportunity.

It makes money so it's good. Nevermind that it does real harm to people. People like to watch "straight talking" people who "tell it like it is" and "aren't afraid to speak their minds". You will notice that all of those are synonyms for "racist".

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Guavanaut posted:

when ur very smart:

:thunk:

So either way it's a non issue?

I love how in the same sentence he says he doesn’t believe there is such a thing as institutional racism then immediately goes on to call something he doesn’t like as institutionally racist.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Not So Fast posted:

When even Piers Morgan thinks you're a oval office.

https://twitter.com/possiblyel/status/1219944352459448320?s=19

He's already hosed it. He's so poo poo at being a contrarian he's already got professional dickhead Piers Morgan humiliating him. Look forward to him trying to rehabilitate himself by filming a conversation with a black woman or some such poo poo.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What is it with the Rhondda. I just drove past some idiot parked up with his hazards on, taking a piss into the road.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Gonzo McFee posted:

He's already hosed it. He's so poo poo at being a contrarian he's already got professional dickhead Piers Morgan humiliating him. Look forward to him trying to rehabilitate himself by filming a conversation with a black woman or some such poo poo.

He's done that thing where you go too hard too early and suddenly all the people who previously supported you don't return your calls.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Tesseraction posted:

A little off-topic but do any of you have good game griefing stories you can share? I'm working on something

You mean personal ones or favourite? I assume you already know about the second life flying penis incident (and the IRL repeat of it), and the time someone killed Lord British, and the whole Goonswarm hulk killing plot?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

I like that if you look at the bank's twitter account the last thing they posted before their "apology" was a retweet about MLK day

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

What I like about that article is how the man who won the settlement said he couldn't disclose terms of the settlement including how much that the cheques were for.

And then the Bank people tell the media how much the cheques were for.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Question IRL posted:

What I like about that article is how the man who won the settlement said he couldn't disclose terms of the settlement including how much that the cheques were for.

And then the Bank people tell the media how much the cheques were for.

Also how much he had in his account at the time. I know American data protection laws are a bit weaker than ours but even so that still seems like yet another settlement he can pick up.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Flipswitch posted:

What is it with the Rhondda. I just drove past some idiot parked up with his hazards on, taking a piss into the road.

Hazards were on so I don't see the problem?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
lights are flashing, mans be slashing

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Park anywhere lights m8

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Given how loving awful it is to drive in Portsmouth those lights are the only stopping entire taxi firms from going under

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Random catte tax: