Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

This is never funny

I respectfully disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Any thoughts on Darby Allin’s claims of abusing drug addicts for laughs on Jerichos podcast. He said he payed a broke drug addict to stick his head in a poo poo filled toilet and was laughing about it, also apparently he land lords a trailer park? the whole interview really turned me off on him as a human being.

That dude wasn't a drug addict. He was in charge of a trailer park where meth is an issue, but he was stated to not do it. That dude's ex is the drug addict. The dude is trying to get custody from the ex because of the drug addiction and moved into Darby's place so that his ex can't use the trailer park's meth issues against him. Darby then began paying him to do a bunch of dangerous and super poo poo so that the dude can afford to pay a lawyer for the custody battle. Which is a different type of lovely than abusing a broke drug addict.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

TTBF posted:

That dude wasn't a drug addict. He was in charge of a trailer park where meth is an issue, but he was stated to not do it. That dude's ex is the drug addict. The dude is trying to get custody from the ex because of the drug addiction and moved into Darby's place so that his ex can't use the trailer park's meth issues against him. Darby then began paying him to do a bunch of dangerous and super poo poo so that the dude can afford to pay a lawyer for the custody battle. Which is a different type of lovely than abusing a broke drug addict.

It’s still abusive and manipulating addicts and people who are vulnerable for a laugh. Why is it suddenly bad faith when it’s AEW involved. I’m not going to stop watching and I am not trying to convince anyone It’s just weird it wasn’t even brought up here

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why is it suddenly bad faith when it’s AEW involved.

What do you mean "when it's AEW involved"

They're saying everyone knows you are a bad faith poster

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I thought the Darby poo poo was weird on WOR so it’s not surprising he said weird stuff on the Jericho podcast too. Kinda turned off by his “hurr durr everything I’m not involved in is lame as poo poo” demeanor

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eat My Fuc posted:

Any thoughts on Darby Allin’s claims of abusing drug addicts for laughs on Jerichos podcast. He said he payed a broke drug addict to stick his head in a poo poo filled toilet and was laughing about it, also apparently he land lords a trailer park? the whole interview really turned me off on him as a human being.

I haven't listened to it, just read the opinions, so I'll hold off on expression an opinion on it but from an image point of view, it's terrible for him if it starts to build. He's got the crowd's support because he's seen as an outsider, a guy standing up for the freaks, the down and outs in society. If the story about him becomes that actually, he laughs and abuses those people then his support is just gonna evaporate.

So like I said, don't really know the details, but he/AEW has gotta take some countermeasure against that, ie getting him to shut up about epic drug addict abuse or whatever the gently caress it is he's been doing. He's 23, it's young enough to just be a stupid kid about this stuff, especially if the stories he's telling are from a few years ago.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Darby is like 12 and he’s married. Weird guy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s still abusive and manipulating addicts and people who are vulnerable for a laugh. Why is it suddenly bad faith when it’s AEW involved. I’m not going to stop watching and I am not trying to convince anyone It’s just weird it wasn’t even brought up here

It's bad faith because of you.

You constantly post in bad faith.

And then we mock you for it. Because you are the flavor of the month bad faith poster.

Eat My Fuc.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I found the story about him paying the guy to stick his head in the toilet extremely gross, but I kind of assumed it was something he did when he was young(er) and dumb(er). The Kentucky story I laughed at mostly due to Dave and Bryan's bewilderment as to where the story was going since Darby told it in a very weird way, but honestly the takeaway I got from it was that he's helping his buddy out with a place to stay and regular money coming in, and the dumb stuff they're doing was the kind of dumb poo poo they just did together regularly anyway but now he's paying him cash because of that weird pride thing some people have about not accepting charity. Maybe I'm giving him way too much the benefit of the doubt on that though, simply because I like the guy :shrug:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nobody actually cares what happens on Jericho's podcast unless they're burying WWE

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

What do you mean "when it's AEW involved"

They're saying everyone knows you are a bad faith poster

I am not. What I say here I mean, you can't just call people you disagree with bad faith.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Benne posted:

Nobody actually cares what happens on Jericho's podcast unless they're burying WWE

I only like it when he has trumps offspring and flat earthers on

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Post about podcasts and stuff spinning off from that, not about other posters. Jesus Christ.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how about that GRIT & GLITTER

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

This is a good listen, I’m like 15 minutes in and he diarrhea crapped in a pizza box, cooked food on a George Foreman grill in an Anytime Fitness (because he doesn’t care what people think), and paid a drug addict $3 to gargle in a poo poo-filled toilet

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

darby comes across as Quite Thick on the f4w youtube extract

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The impression I got from the Jeremy Piven's brother (or similar relation, I don't remember too well) story was that this was a dude living next door to Darby that would offer to do these hosed up things for small amounts of money and Darby took him up on it because he's a bit of an edgelord, having named himself after GG Allin and all, and I'm also kind of assuming that he's playing things up for shock value, because as I said, he's a bit of an edgelord.

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it seems like he might just be making a bunch of stuff up about making GBS threads on homeless people's faces or whatever it is, which is actually extremely cool and totally random. like this guy's crazy. what's he gonna do next

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

large_gourd posted:

it seems like he might just be making a bunch of stuff up about making GBS threads on homeless people's faces or whatever it is, which is actually extremely cool and totally random. like this guy's crazy. what's he gonna do next

Probably poo poo on something else. He has ticked off a number of "things I have poo poo on" boxes:

-pizza box
-homeless people
-people whose wrestling goals don't align with his

He did mention being in a car accident that killed his uncle which is incredibly sad :(

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'll post about other posters right now

Even though it's really good already posting with all of you makes AEW even better every week

Take that, fuckers

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Haven't listened to the Jericho show but the weird story at the end of the Dave/Bryan interview with Meltzer didn't really raise my eyebrows given that Darby (and I believe his friend "Kentucky"?) are both skateboarding dudes and based on Jackass and affiliated products, skateboarders' concept of "ribs" on each other are on a level beyond 90% of wrestling rib stories.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Darby feels like a synthesis of the hot couch guy and the kind of movie buff who brags about watching real hosed up movies, like I'm like 50% sure he brought up Trash Humpers in the Jericho interview, and I don't know how much of his stories are him embellishing actual hosed up things he saw people doing in the rough situations he's lived in and how much are pure working the gimmick, but it's definitely a mix of the two.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I Before E posted:

Darby feels like a synthesis of the hot couch guy and the kind of movie buff who brags about watching real hosed up movies, like I'm like 50% sure he brought up Trash Humpers in the Jericho interview, and I don't know how much of his stories are him embellishing actual hosed up things he saw people doing in the rough situations he's lived in and how much are pure working the gimmick, but it's definitely a mix of the two.

Darby should come out to "three little devils"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Darby should come out to "three little devils"

Starting a "make it make it don't fake it" chant at the next AEW show

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I Before E posted:

Thank you for introducing me to the concept of "Hot Couch Guy" haha

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it was harsh of me to call him dumb, sorry darby

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

illcendiary posted:

That's why I Fell is such a good theme, it feels like waking up on an uncomfortably warm leather couch while the DVD menu of Audition or The Brood has been on repeat for two hours

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

illcendiary posted:

Holy poo poo, me too. I never heard of it before and it's loving amazing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I Before E posted:

That's why I Fell is such a good theme, it feels like waking up on an uncomfortably warm leather couch while the DVD menu of Audition or The Brood has been on repeat for two hours

The accuracy of this analogy makes me uncomfortable

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Darby is basically just a human conceived by two CKY dvds

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Bryan and Dave have an interview up w/Justin Roberts now. About halfway through so far and it's p fun.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

large_gourd posted:

actually, he laughs and abuses those people

Sounds like he would actually have gotten along great with Vince.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dug into Darby Allin a bit when he first got hot in AEW to try and get a sense of his gimmick and who he was and eventually I just kind of stopped because I concluded that the more I found about the guy the less I was going to like him.

On the other hand there's a video on youtube of him really cockily eating some hot peppers and suffering for it while Priscilla Kelly laughs at him, and that was kind of a nice place to end my journey.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Darby’s learning to harness his self destructive energies for good.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
And away we go!

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1220572549333028869

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

F4W put up the Bryan/Dave interview with Sammy G on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJc_HiayVI

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

collocation fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 13, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Sammy Guevara interview is really, really good.

Bryan: We're here with a second Spanish God
Dave: Who's the first?

:allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 24, 2020

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

The Sammy Guevara interview is really, really good.

Bryan: We're here with a second Spanish God
Dave: Who's the first?

:allears:

Sammy: Dave, you're like what, 80?
Dave: WHAT??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Darby is basically just a human conceived by two CKY dvds
I like this