Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Vigilantes getting a movie would own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Kild posted:

As much as I'd love that doing a movie without Deku seems like a hard sell to the viewers and bigwigs.

Bakugo's Day Off, where he just walks around town yelling at things, would probably do just fine.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Like how Horikoshi once mentioned offhandedly he wanted to do a Mina and Selo adventure sometime.

this is the real poo poo fam

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Kild posted:

As much as I'd love that doing a movie without Deku seems like a hard sell to the viewers and bigwigs.

Deku is just hanging out in the background of every scene in the movie.

I could see them doing Aizawa's backstory from Vigilantes as a stand alone OVA or something.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
If they want anime-viewers to properly understand what the deal is with Kurogiri, they need to adapt at least that part of Vigilantes somehow.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Dragonatrix posted:

If they want anime-viewers to properly understand what the deal is with Kurogiri, they need to adapt at least that part of Vigilantes somehow.

And if they don't, they'll pull a Ryo from Digimon Tamers or a Caimie from One Piece.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Dragonatrix posted:

vigilantes gaiden season please

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

this is the real poo poo fam

Your avatar rules

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can't wait for them to bust out the fusion dance

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Since this series is so inspired by comics, fusions should be called Amalgams

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

I am pretty sure you could power the sun with the amount of anger Bakugou would generate from the idea of fusing with Deku.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hunt11 posted:

I am pretty sure you could power the sun with the amount of anger Bakugou would generate from the idea of fusing with Deku.

Vegeta fused with Goku twice. I think it's doable. It'd require a really bad situation and putting Bakugou's loved ones (...does he have loved ones?) in danger though.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

No. You fuse Bakugo and Kirishima into Blowhard

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Blaze Dragon posted:

Vegeta fused with Goku twice. I think it's doable. It'd require a really bad situation and putting Bakugou's loved ones (...does he have loved ones?) in danger though.

Bakugo, above all else, is a hero. If there was ever a situation where he needed to fuse in order to win (and someone had a quirk who could do that) he would take that in a second. Especially since that means he can fight harder. He will just scream and complain the whole time and forever after. You don't even have to endanger his classmates or his mom (who he clearly loves)

On the other hand if you tried to convince him to save who he can and run away to fight another day he will punch you in the face, call you a coward, and save the day or die trying.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers are showing up: Uh, it's looking like real poo poo is about to go down. Like poo poo that I'd think is the end of the manga if we hadn't heard all that stuff about multiple movies. The league/Liberation Front main members all got squads now, some Twice/Hawks interaction stuff, All of the hero students at UA get told they're going on a mission with their internship heroes and don't know what's going on. They get told they're the backline to help with "evacuation", and it shows all the pro heroes/UA Faculty basically marching as a group as Shigaraki leads the liberation front on the other side.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Bakugo, above all else, is a hero. If there was ever a situation where he needed to fuse in order to win (and someone had a quirk who could do that) he would take that in a second. Especially since that means he can fight harder. He will just scream and complain the whole time and forever after. You don't even have to endanger his classmates or his mom (who he clearly loves)

On the other hand if you tried to convince him to save who he can and run away to fight another day he will punch you in the face, call you a coward, and save the day or die trying.

Fuse with someone, I can buy, but fuse with Deku? Bakugou has chilled but the idea that he has a fight where he can't clearly delineate what he did good and Deku did bad seems antithetical to his character, especially now that he knows Deku has OfA - it was just last chapter we had him loudly gloating about the most minor victory - that Deku has to learn flying but Bakugou can already do it via explosions.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Conot posted:

Fuse with someone, I can buy, but fuse with Deku? Bakugou has chilled but the idea that he has a fight where he can't clearly delineate what he did good and Deku did bad seems antithetical to his character, especially now that he knows Deku has OfA - it was just last chapter we had him loudly gloating about the most minor victory - that Deku has to learn flying but Bakugou can already do it via explosions.

Oh absolutely. The Bakugo from when he was kidnapped needed Kirishima to tell him to jump rather then Deku. Since then enough has happened that next time he would jump when Deku calls out because he's smart enough to know better. He will never stop gloating, or acting without explanation, but the most consistent character trait that has pushed his growth is that he wants to be a hero like All Might. He's always cranked to 11 and still smart enough to know how to save people. On the arc of his character growth in the heat of the moment he will Always make the choices to try to save everyone like All Might would have. He's growing to be able to accept the competition and rise, but right now his motivation can be as shallow as "gently caress you thats why" to still do it in order to save the day.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Last chapter seemed almost like playful banter rather than anything outright malicious.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Yeah Bakugou clearly being worried about what Deku’s next power might be (in his own aggressive way) and then being relieved (in his own aggressive way) that it was “only” flight was one of their most normal interactions to date.

Also float (which probably is going to be flight after getting strengthened) basically hard counters Shigaraki’s AOE power up, so in that sense it’s already really good.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I mean, Black Whip already was a big counter. Before, all Deku had for ranged attacks was air shots/blasts. Now, he can grapple Shig from range and send him flying into walls or the floor to hit him or stun him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Junpei posted:

I mean, Black Whip already was a big counter. Before, all Deku had for ranged attacks was air shots/blasts. Now, he can grapple Shig from range and send him flying into walls or the floor to hit him or stun him.

Also he now has two ranged attacks that won't disintegrate.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Last chapter seemed almost like playful banter rather than anything outright malicious.

Bakugo definitely feels like he's accepted Deku as a person and fellow hero rather than viewing him as an insect. He's still looking to one up Deku and outperform him at every opportunity, but that's how Bakugo interacts with everyone, even his friends.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Float with air blasts would almost exactly duplicate Bakugou's mobility powerset. Toss in blackwhip and he's suddenly Bakugou + Froppy/Sero.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mirage posted:

Float with air blasts would almost exactly duplicate Bakugou's mobility powerset. Toss in blackwhip and he's suddenly Bakugou + Froppy/Sero.

Watch him use Black Whip just to be Stilt-Man instead

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Maybe seeing Deku use Nana's quirk is gonna piss Shiggy off

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Scholtz posted:

Maybe seeing Deku use Nana's quirk is gonna piss Shiggy off

It is not as though he ever knew her.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do we know why OFA is skipping from the 5th user to the 7th? Or why it started at 5 instead of 2 (1 being AFO's 'Quirkless' brother)?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Junpei posted:

Until Deku learns to float all Shigaraki would need to do is disintegrate the ground while Deku is standing on it. The pressure Deku gets from ranged attacks would help but it isn't a hard counter by any means.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Mirage posted:

After watching the MHA movie, I think that Bakugou's mobility is probably a bit too aggressive for Deku. On a related note: Bakugou flying around blasting villains with explosions looks so much cooler than I ever imagined it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Junpei posted:

Do we know why OFA is skipping from the 5th user to the 7th? Or why it started at 5 instead of 2 (1 being AFO's 'Quirkless' brother)?

This is entirely speculative but I'm guessing that the 6th user didn't have much time actually holding OFA. I'd bet Nana, Lariat, and All Might held it for the longest, in ascending order.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So can we assume that All Might and Deku went over the quirks of the other two past users off camera so it'll still be a surprise to the readers when their powers show up or did All Might really only manage to dig up info on two quirks?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm guessing All Might wants Deku to use Nana's quirk next is because he has experience with that quirk and thinks he can help Deku with it better than the other ones.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm guessing All Might wants Deku to use Nana's quirk next is because he has experience with that quirk and thinks he can help Deku with it better than the other ones.

This makes sense to me, plus actually talking about Nana with Izuku seems like something All Might has been thinking about for a while, and it ties into Shigarki's big attack happening soon to finally know more about their shared "ancestor".

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Does Deku really have a choice on what quirk he gets next though? Black Whip just kind of manifested out of nowhere. Nana's quirk will probably be the next one he gets for story purposes(it's the only other quirk we were told about), but I'm not sure how Deku can like, focus on unlocking a specific quirk.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Didn't Lariat say that Black-Whip manifested first because it was the quirk most suited to what Deku wanted at the time.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Being able to float seems like a really good way to avoid getting disintegrated by Shigaraki.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Floating is great in most cases anywhere, and tangling the "can Deku aim for specific Quirks to unlock" is very juicy morsel of a plot thread.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

I totally called it! Please don't hurt Pop. :ohdear:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world