Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Jesus Helena Bonham Christ, grow a clit will ya

Edit: these cave mushrooms get me high

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
I hosed up and forgot about time zones and streaming releases and can't remember when they usually drop it on their website but it is not now, that's for sure.

Gonna quietly eat this dinner I made and enjoy this glass of cheap whiskey (in spirit of the show) while watching the Bowie scene on repeat until Syfy lets me in.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The sexist pig was a nice touch.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

No Fen, TERRIBLE EPISODE

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Fen was most definitely neither live nor in Fillory :mad:

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

I don't really remember Fen losing a toe. Is 'Fen the Toeless' something I forgot about, or is it a joke that has yet to payoff?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Overdrift posted:

I don't really remember Fen losing a toe. Is 'Fen the Toeless' something I forgot about, or is it a joke that has yet to payoff?

Fen lost her toes to the fairy queen. Don't remember why!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i missed this stupid show

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everyone is about 20% more attractive this season.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Rocksicles posted:

They all absorbed Quentin's attractiveness :(

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Hello yes I would like a spinoff series that is just Penny teaching at Brakebills I will rob a bank to make this happen, thank you for helping me make this a reality.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
How long until they all die. I give them two more shots before at least one croaks it.

Edit: Lol at Future Fillory's description of Alice's reign. She died, and then she wasn't dead and I guess she just hosed off or whatever. She didn't really care.

Oh yeah, and that reminds me: anyone else think the future king looks like the Aussie from the faery slaver family?

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 17, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Open Source Idiom posted:

How long until they all die. I give them two more shots before at least one croaks it.

Edit: Lol at Future Fillory's description of Alice's reign. She died, and then she wasn't dead and I guess she just hosed off or whatever. She didn't really care.

Oh yeah, and that reminds me: anyone else think the future king looks like the Aussie from the faery slaver family?

"I'm Fen and I like knives"

You're drat right she does.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Rocksicles posted:

Yeah Elliott caking the eyeliner on and wearing black is a very strong and good look.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tokubetsu posted:

Yeah Elliott caking the eyeliner on and wearing black is a very strong and good look.

Alice even made "stayed in bed for 27 days because of depression" look pretty hot.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
My wife said she looked less like she was in the depths of depression and more like she’d just had some of that good fuckin’.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

eschaton posted:

My wife said she looked less like she was in the depths of depression and more like she’d just had some of that good fuckin’.

Well, she does have that golem in the making sitting down in the basement. Who's to say she didn't get a head start?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

eschaton posted:

Hey man :hfive: that she knows what it looks like.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
What was written on the paper in the library after Alice looked something up in the index?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Picked a hell of a week to quit drinking

loving lol, I hope they keep that going

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Inspector 34 posted:

Picked a hell of a week to quit drinking

Heh, someone posted that exact thing in the reddit live thread.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alice's story was crazy sad. Although through the magic of knowing this is a TV show it was kind of obvious that it wasn't going to actually bring Q back since, you know, the whole "leaving the show" thing.

Also really enjoyed dead Fen.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Fenn is consistently delightful. Dead Fenn doubly so.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I still can’t decide if I’m extremely pleased or enormously disappointed that it wasn’t a fake out ending designed to gently caress with Margo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Episode contained Fen being sassy funny, an excellent episode.

And the show knows how to tug my heartstrings so good with the Julia-young Q stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Alice's story was crazy sad. Although through the magic of knowing this is a TV show it was kind of obvious that it wasn't going to actually bring Q back since, you know, the whole "leaving the show" thing.

OTD crushed that final scene with young Q. I want to go back and watch the S4 finale again but January is the month of loss for me and I know it'll reduce me to a blubbery mess again. I

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She's very good at being sad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's like her super power. Kind of like Summer has cussing.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Any chance that Jason Ralph leaving is a massive misdirect? They’re leaning hard into saving Quentin - both episodes this season ended on cliffhangers of that sort. Seems unlikely and ridiculous for a SyFy show, but I expected the plot to be far less Quentin-y.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Unlikely. As I understand it he asked to leave.

If you had magic powers and a friend sacrificed themselves to save the world, wouldn't you at least try to get your friend back? It's one of the stages of grief ... Bargaining. Trying to do what you can to undo the hurt from that loss.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
True. And I suppose it’s better than never acknowledging his existence. But if I didn’t know any better, I’d assume he’d be coming back at some point.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I miss Quentin, and I wished that they would have let Eliot and Quentin get together.

But at this point, what would his story be if he came back? They seem to be giving his remaining stories from the books to Alice and Penny.

Eliot had better get a bomb rear end boyfriend.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah I'm pretty sure Quentin sudden absence was a Jason Ralph decision rather than anything else. No way the show would start shipping its queer characters together just before murdering one, it's way too proud of its woke credentials to not at least be aware of the problem.

I assume that's why the back half of the season did such an aggressive pivot into Alice/Quentin shipping, in order to blunt the effect.

I'd be very happy seeing Eliot get a sustained love interest too, though I'd also be keen on seeing him get a hair cut lol. He's still got his Monster hair lol.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'd be very happy seeing Eliot get a sustained love interest too, though I'd also be keen on seeing him get a hair cut lol. He's still got his Monster hair lol.

Yeah, he definitely looks better with shorter hair. This long hair just looks unkempt, which is not Eliot's look.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Look he’s had some serious thdrinking to do, who has time for a haircut?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's grieving. Don't shame the man's hair.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Never build a dungeon you can't get out of.

And this season (and honestly the last one too) makes me wish that Margo and her plotlines was the centerpiece of this show, The rest of the characters just aren't that interesting compared to her.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
Are you saying they’re not?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

She definitely carried the last season for me, up until the finale. Margo's character took a bit to develop though because season 1 was just mean and hilarious Margo without a lot of depth, but honestly that just set her up being more emotional and vulnerable down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I think the last season was the first to use her properly at all.

I think it's hilarious that Fenn started out as a serious character who slowly became more cartoonish, and that Margot started out as a cartoon and became increasingly serious.

Now they compete to rule Fillory.