Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m so mad Bryan hasn’t posted a picture of the braids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

Darby is basically just a human conceived by two CKY dvds

I really stopped watching Darby matches after he decided it would be a good idea to take a Splash Mountain powerbomb, while in a body bag, from the ring to the floor with no wy to break his fall

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I really stopped watching Darby matches after he decided it would be a good idea to take a Splash Mountain powerbomb, while in a body bag, from the ring to the floor with no wy to break his fall

I also hate things that sound really loving cool

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

The housekeeping run ins have been a small delight for these boat shows.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

The housekeeping run ins have been a small delight for these boat shows.

They better have come back at 3 like they promised!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I forgot to ask at the time but was Donmuracodonmuracodonmuraco in the Observer 100?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

collocation posted:

I talk to the person who made the Reddit thread that kind of blew up the Darby thing on Discord. They were the biggest Darby fan that I knew before the Jericho podcast. They lurk here, but don't have an account. After reading the posts in this thread, they wrote this up:

"We are still in the midst of this, the guy hasn't even moved in yet and as Darby said is moving into Darby's ring(?). Darby said <the pepper spray dude> is moving into Darby's ring(?) "I'm gonna pay him to do like stunts for court money". The usage of past tense diminishes one of the main issues. This is a guy AEW is currently pushing, and somewhat showing as a role model connecting with fans, still doing this "skate culture" bullshit. The week after next Darby is paying for avenged sevenfold to pepper spray the guy, we will see if it gets better or worse from there. All I know is if the YouTube show gets made the plan from Darby is to utilize the custody battle as the top draw."

---

I agree with their take. I would also say that Darby really being 27 makes it worse.

Shame on him for paying someone to do something he agrees to do. Shame on you Darby Allin for helping this man get his child back.

That's bad rear end.

The Justin Roberts interview is really good and it's probably for the best Bryan did not wrestle on the boat. The discourse would have been great though.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Darby Allin stuff sounds like things I wouldn't do but not like stuff that I should hate him for. He's still a good wrestler with great underdog energy so until I see something worse Go Darby!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i can't believe bryan ducked marko on the boat smdh

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

New Art of Wrestling is up, one of a short run of Colt doing the old interview style, and it's really quite good fun.

He's interviewing Will Ospreay, who comes across as nice, hard working, and (in the nicest possible way) not wonderfully smart. Will reveals he's recently had an ADHD diagnosis, which I'm sure will come across as a huge shock to all of you.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Got a chance to interview Starboy Charlie last week and asked him about his big GCW debut tonight. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncrMi33GtDI

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

Shame on him for paying someone to do something he agrees to do.

I don't know if you know more about this story than what Allin talked about, but "X is getting paid so Y is okay" is generally a really poor defense for just about anything.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

still more ethical than Gabe

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

I don't know if you know more about this story than what Allin talked about, but "X is getting paid so Y is okay" is generally a really poor defense for just about anything.

I would say it is OK that someone is agreeing to move across the country and do stunts. That seems fine, especially since people need to twist the Kimmel cousin story so much to make it seem like Darby made him do things.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I liked the Justin Roberts interview. Nothing mind blowing but he seems like a nice dude who really cares about doing a great job every time he’s out there

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

jesus WEP posted:

I liked the Justin Roberts interview. Nothing mind blowing but he seems like a nice dude who really cares about doing a great job every time he’s out there

This is a constant with him, if you go back and listen to his old Art of Wrestling episode he comes across as one of the most likable guys in wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I should also add that the entire idea came from Kentucky.

https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1220706387925315585

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I should also add that the entire idea came from Kentucky.

https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1220706387925315585

Thanks for clarifying. I think the problem some people had was that it was phrased as if a friend approached him for help and he was like "sure, I can give you money, on the condition that you do degrading things." Which would've been a lovely thing to do but is fortunately not what's happening.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

it was interesting to hear how he approaches and cares about his work as a ring announcer, too. would be interesting to see if he'd get involved in any of the behind the scenes production and execution of the show, he seems like he's got a solid understanding of the business.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Big Huski Boi posted:

Thanks for clarifying. I think the problem some people had was that it was phrased as if a friend approached him for help and he was like "sure, I can give you money, on the condition that you do degrading things." Which would've been a lovely thing to do but is fortunately not what's happening.

I mean, maybe not in “Kentucky”‘s case, but the Jimmy Kimmel’s cousin story is relayed (by Darby himself!) pretty much straight as “I’m a drug addict who’ll do anything for money” (for drugs) and Darby was like “okay do this”. For $3.

Could be edgelord exaggeration but he sounds like enough of annoying twat that I’m not willing to provide benefit of the doubt.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

illcendiary posted:

I mean, maybe not in “Kentucky”‘s case, but the Jimmy Kimmel’s cousin story is relayed (by Darby himself!) pretty much straight as “I’m a drug addict who’ll do anything for money” (for drugs) and Darby was like “okay do this”. For $3.

Could be edgelord exaggeration but he sounds like enough of annoying twat that I’m not willing to provide benefit of the doubt.

In the interview he said he was broke and didn't have any money, but the cousin kept asking.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

That's bad rear end.

he did it for Gabe in Evolve so it was a stupid stunt that he got hosed up on for probablyna t shirt

But sure its "badass"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

he did it for Gabe in Evolve so it was a stupid stunt that he got hosed up on for probablyna t shirt

But sure its "badass"

He was one of the people under contract to EVOLVE so he was actually getting paid.

He also had to pay to get out of the contract because EVOLVE sucks.

But yeah it's bad rear end he did a cool stunt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I do dumb degrading poo poo for money. Its call having a job. Some of you pearl clutchers are telling on yourselves.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Alright, I transcribed what he said so that I don’t seem like I’m taking it out of context.

Darby: Jimmy's Kimmel cousin, he lived beneath me in Arizona, when I was in the apartment complex, when I was going to film school in Arizona. And uh, he was like the black sheep of the family, like he wasn't, like, he was addicted to drugs, big time alcoholic, and he'd be like, "Oh yeah, like, Jimmy doesn't ever give me any money, or anything like that, like, can I do anything for, like money"? And I was like, I was broke as poo poo already myself, but uh, this guy was like down to do like any gnarly thing, so what he did was, uh, he, uh, pissed and crapped in his toilet for a week straight and didn't flush it, and then he, I gave him three dollars to put his head in the toilet and gurgle around the water. I gotta show you the video some time, it was crazy.

Jericho: (laughing) Oh my gosh!

I feel like maybe he could have just given him the three bucks and also not taken a video of this, and then also offered to show it to people down the line?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

illcendiary posted:

Alright, I transcribed what he said so that I don’t seem like I’m taking it out of context.

I feel like maybe he could have just given him the three bucks and also not taken a video of this, and then also offered to show it to people down the line?

this absolutely sucks rear end and is exploitative.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

darby is cool

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't glorify shithead for pay, pisshead for pay, or both. i'm sorry. I didn't realize this was from a podcast and that this is the podcast thread.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 24, 2020

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

:laugh:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmao bryan rules

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That a member of the band Korn?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Strong "selling mushrooms and ketamine at a psytrance rave" energy in this picture

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

How much did the cruise cost this year (for a run-of-the-mill room, nothing fancy)? Anyone know?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

illcendiary posted:

How much did the cruise cost this year (for a run-of-the-mill room, nothing fancy)? Anyone know?

If you split a room 4 ways you would pay a little less than $900 for the cruise itself.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

illcendiary posted:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190706095037/http://www.chrisjerichocruise.com/prices/

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Alright, so roughly ~$1000 per person for double occupancy and an ocean view. Not bad!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Davey Bryan Alvarez.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

It looks even dumber than I imagined, I love it.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

illcendiary posted:

It's actually weirder in the exact context he presents it on the podcast. He tells Jericho he's lucky he didn't start wrestling at a younger age because he would've missed out on lots of important moments in life. Jericho asks him to elaborate, surely expecting to hear about some kind of formative experience that molded him into what he is now, and that (literal) poo poo story was what he came up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m gonna save my energy for if Darby turns out to be a sexpest or a racist, that’s what I’m gonna do