Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

spaceblancmange posted:

How many are dead?

Willing to bet all but 4 of the figures in it:
Hogan, Undertaker, (Brett) Hart, and Michaels.

I also bet there are at least 16 wrestlers in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

dialhforhero posted:

Willing to bet all but 4 of the figures in it:
Hogan, Undertaker, (Brett) Hart, and Michaels.

I also bet there are at least 16 wrestlers in it.

Full images of the thing.

List: Shawn Michaels, Marty Jannetty, Kerry Von Erich, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Sgt. Slaughter, Hulk Hogan, Road Warrior Hawk, Road Warrior Animal, Jim Duggan, Earthquake, Undertaker, Jake Roberts and Ted DiBiase.

Not quite as high a percentage as thought. I'm guessing the thing was pretty much on the printer in mid-1991, considering that Kerry Von Erich was prominent enough to make the cut.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

List: Shawn Michaels, Marty Jannetty, Kerry Von Erich, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Sgt. Slaughter, Hulk Hogan, Road Warrior Hawk, Road Warrior Animal, Jim Duggan, Earthquake, Undertaker, Jake Roberts and Ted DiBiase.

Not quite as high a percentage as thought. I'm guessing the thing was pretty much on the printer in mid-1991, considering that Kerry Von Erich was prominent enough to make the cut.

Amazing. God I miss this era, the 90’s were magical...

:allears:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the best description of Kerry Von Erich I've ever heard was "someone made a clay bust of a handsome man, but before they put it in the kiln they left it in the back seat of their car during summer"

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

It's wild just how much things would change by the late 90s.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

We an emachine and that piece of poo poo took my through high school.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elderbean posted:

We an emachine and that piece of poo poo took my through high school.

what

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

By the mid-late 90s Von Erich was known as the "E-Machine".

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jojoinnit posted:

By the mid-late 90s Von Erich was known as the "E-Machine".

He didn't even make it to the mid-90s :smith:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Randaconda posted:

He didn't even make it to the mid-90s :smith:

Dang, just 2 weeks after his 33rd birthday. I'm glad I didn't make a mean joke about him now, just a dumb one.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I'm not familiar with the Von Erichs so I looked them up and dang

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Winklebottom posted:

I'm not familiar with the Von Erichs so I looked them up and dang

Yeah, it's a sad story all around. David was the only one who really wanted to be a wrestler, but Fritz pushed all of them into it, even the laughably nonathletic Chris and Mike, and it ended badly.

of course, then Fritz capitalized on his sons dying by running memorial shows where he'd sell fake autographed pictures of them

EDIT: David almost certainly died of an overdose, not the bullshit Fritz said killed him.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

spaceblancmange posted:

It's wild just how much things would change by the late 90s.

Even by the end of 1992.

Shawn Michaels and Undertaker were the only ones on that list who were main event guys throughout the year. Not getting into Hogan's perpetual bull that's still somehow ongoing, but he was gone for most of 1992.

Savage and Warrior were gone by year's end. DiBiase's injuries cost him his career. Jake Roberts was in WCW by the end of 1992 and the Road Warriors spent most of the year in Japan.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The 90s is probably the decade we're changes were the most obvious. Like something from 1990 and 92 would look incredibly different from each other.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Don't forget how popular holograms were. There was a kiosk at my local mall that my entire family of four would go absolutely apeshit over. It was always stupid poo poo like this and they were like $20 a pop. Funny thing was, the hologram would literally disappear after a year or so. It'd just fade away.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Even by the end of 1992.

Shawn Michaels and Undertaker were the only ones on that list who were main event guys throughout the year. Not getting into Hogan's perpetual bull that's still somehow ongoing, but he was gone for most of 1992.

Savage and Warrior were gone by year's end. DiBiase's injuries cost him his career. Jake Roberts was in WCW by the end of 1992 and the Road Warriors spent most of the year in Japan.

Hulkster doesn't need to be on tv every week to stay over, jack

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Croatoan posted:

Don't forget how popular holograms were. There was a kiosk at my local mall that my entire family of four would go absolutely apeshit over. It was always stupid poo poo like this and they were like $20 a pop. Funny thing was, the hologram would literally disappear after a year or so. It'd just fade away.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Yeah the entire Von Erick family was basically cursed hard.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
In fact, I liken them to the Kennedys of the Wrestling World.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only curse on the Von Erichs was an abusive shithead father, and the mental illness and drug problems that followed

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
So...

I am spot on?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dialhforhero posted:

So...

I am spot on?

:hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FFydZ4JA4

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The Undertaker's a zombie and Jake's a corpse reanimated by DDP Yoga magic so that bumps it up to 50%.

Pneub has a new favorite as of 08:10 on Jan 19, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Earthquake died of cancer so I never really like including him in the "Wrestler death tolls".

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_uh8XjgLTE

peak 1990

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Whoa, James Urbaniak, Dr.Venture himself!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Theres a 54 year old guy from Styx in there! Get him!

Also no one wanted to tell Ted Nuget to stop chewing gum on set because he arrived with multiple guns. And unlike the Nuge, they cannot deflect bullets with the power of their rock.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
My wife still swoons for Devon Sawa.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Obligatory: fresh from the sewers, to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2wYpfbQb5U

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:hmmyes:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

dialhforhero posted:

Is this for real? My girlfriend does too and I honestly thought she was loving with me cause I barely remembered who he was when she first told me that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I remember exactly how amazing these tasted and I want one right the gently caress now...
:negative:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

dialhforhero posted:

Devon Sawa came into a store i worked at and like every woman in there came up to him. Politely and respectfully, this is Canada.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

He was kind of a heartthrob in the 90s and has had a friendly fake rivalry with Macaulay Culkin on Twitter.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
My wife still swoons for Devon Sawa, but I can't judge her because I still have a crush on Christina Ricci.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Devon Sawa had an awesome exchange on twitter that went something like this:

Sawa: *some left leaning political opinion*
Random rear end in a top hat: Who the gently caress is Devon Sawa?
Sawa: Ask your girlfriend

That was a p sweet comeback tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2zgB93KANE

ooooh baby i like it raw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXTzm5GtqVo

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 13:59 on Jan 26, 2020