Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

A loving special pan to make a sandwich? Just use a regular pan and a spatula you loving dipshit.

Also your stove is disgusting and you should be ashamed to live in such squalor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

I have been doing some important research into kitchen technology and the irrefutable conclusion is that cast iron is for muppet hipsters who could save roughly 13 hours a week seasoning their sub-optimal cookware by watching QVC for 10 minutes.

My testing methodology began with the Red Cooper Flipwich and lab-quality bread.

To which I added lab-quality emmental cheese

Of course, cheese alone is not enough so I added some canned, boiled horsemeat from my Brexit food shortage supplies

Also, the only acceptable vegetable to eat with boiled horsemeat is onion. The more pungent, the better.

Conscious of opening a debate on what consitutes a sandwich, I opted to follow the traditional definition to keep this experiment controlled.

With the sandwich assembled, it was time to put red copper to the test. I clamped up the device and added heat.

As the superior way of heating up ones cookware is gas (OF COURSE IT IS YOU STUPID SHITS, gently caress OFF WITH THAT INDUCTION GARBAGE IT'S THE loving ANDROID SIDEKICK OF HEATING), that is what I used.

Give that sum'bitch a flip

Appropriately grilled, it was time to test the red copper's non-stick technology and see how uniformly it transferred heat to the sandwich, which is yet aother thing in a long list or nonsense that cast iron enthusiasts won't shut the gently caress up about.

Excellent uniformity across the surface of the sandwich, a very promising result and excellent data point that cast iron is garbage for garbage people, but what about the non-stickiness?

The sandwich slides clean off, like the remnants of a horse carcass from the Mechano-Meat-Recoverer 7000. More importantly no seasoning was required and the pan is dishwasher safe. The infomercial also said I could run over the non-stick finish in my car but I didn't get round to testing that bit as the smell of freshly heated horse meat was enchanting.

Gratuitous cheese stretch as all goons obviously breathe heavily, have sky high cholesterol and weigh like 340lbs

In conclusion, red copper is clearly the superior material for non-stick cookware and I hope we have now settled the matter for good. I would like to thank the EU for their very generous research grant (which I will not be giving back as part Boris' Brexit divorce bill) to support this important work and 1500quid for supplying me with the Red Copper Flipwich all the way from Austro-Canadia.

ah the old british specialty of the toasted cheese, turd and onion sandwich

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

A loving special pan to make a sandwich? Just use a regular pan and a spatula you loving dipshit.

Also your stove is disgusting and you should be ashamed to live in such squalor

Nice take, did you heat it up in your air fryer :smuggo:

track day bro! posted:

ah the old british specialty of the toasted cheese, turd and onion sandwich

:britain:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

There's not a loving :irony: big enough for this post, air fryer boy.

Theophany posted:

I have been doing some important research into kitchen technology and the irrefutable conclusion is that cast iron is for muppet hipsters who could save roughly 13 hours a week seasoning their sub-optimal cookware by watching QVC for 10 minutes.

My testing methodology began with the Red Cooper Flipwich and lab-quality bread.

Of course, cheese alone is not enough so I added some canned, boiled horsemeat from my Brexit food shortage supplies

Also, the only acceptable vegetable to eat with boiled horsemeat is onion. The more pungent, the better.

Conscious of opening a debate on what consitutes a sandwich, I opted to follow the traditional definition to keep this experiment controlled.

With the sandwich assembled, it was time to put red copper to the test. I clamped up the device and added heat.

As the superior way of heating up ones cookware is gas (OF COURSE IT IS YOU STUPID SHITS, gently caress OFF WITH THAT INDUCTION GARBAGE IT'S THE loving ANDROID SIDEKICK OF HEATING), that is what I used.

Appropriately grilled, it was time to test the red copper's non-stick technology and see how uniformly it transferred heat to the sandwich, which is yet aother thing in a long list or nonsense that cast iron enthusiasts won't shut the gently caress up about.

Excellent uniformity across the surface of the sandwich, a very promising result and excellent data point that cast iron is garbage for garbage people, but what about the non-stickiness?

The sandwich slides clean off, like the remnants of a horse carcass from the Mechano-Meat-Recoverer 7000. More importantly no seasoning was required and the pan is dishwasher safe. The infomercial also said I could run over the non-stick finish in my car but I didn't get round to testing that bit as the smell of freshly heated horse meat was enchanting.

Gratuitous cheese stretch as all goons obviously breathe heavily, have sky high cholesterol and weigh like 340lbs

In conclusion, red copper is clearly the superior material for non-stick cookware and I hope we have now settled the matter for good. I would like to thank the EU for their very generous research grant (which I will not be giving back as part Boris' Brexit divorce bill) to support this important work and 1500quid for supplying me with the Red Copper Flipwich all the way from Austro-Canadia.
This is all well and good but my sandwich maker from 1995 makes 4 halves.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

There's not a loving :irony: big enough for this post, air fryer boy.

This is all well and good but my sandwich maker from 1995 makes 4 halves.

They're called quarters motherfucker. Join the club.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

They're called quarters motherfucker. Join the club.
Nope, it makes two at a time and toasts them so each breaks in half.
That's 4 halves.
4 quarters would be one whole, but it's making two.

Or: (1*2)/2 = 4

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Imagine not owning an air fryer but owning a copper sandwich pan

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

:eyepop:

That looks like a loving tasty horse meat sandwich 🤤

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Imagine not owning an air fryer but owning a copper sandwich pan

I don't have to imagine it, I'm living it baby :tutbutt:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait is that confectioners sugar? On a lunch sandwich?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Theophany posted:

I don't have to imagine it, I'm living it baby :tutbutt:

Have you cleaned your stove yet?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Have you cleaned your stove yet?

It's a cast iron stove, it's seasoning.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

You should have made a completo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I didn't have any hot dogs, but the pan is perfect for them:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

Just to check before I add this to the database, is this Stagg Dynamite Chili con carne?
The distribution of jalapeno suggests so.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Just to check before I add this to the database, is this Stagg Dynamite Chili con carne?
The distribution of jalapeno suggests so.

It's Lord Shittington's brand 'Serf Special Boiled Horsemeat in a Rich Blood Gravy.' 1,300mg of sodium per can.

it's leftover chilli from last night

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Who buys premade chili, honestly

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Who buys premade chili, honestly

Not all of us can afford to air fry up some fresh chili

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Theophany posted:

It's Lord Shittington's brand 'Serf Special Boiled Horsemeat in a Rich Blood Gravy.' 1,300mg of sodium per can.

it's leftover chilli from last night

That's not much sodium. I won't even get out of bed for less than 3000mg in my food

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I was genuinely loving torn up inside when Fountains of Wayne went their separate ways. Their unique brand of humorous lyrics, catchy power pop tunes and offbeat topics really got me through some hard times.

They're eponymous first album was a breath of fresh air in the mid 1990s. It eschewed the hangover fashion of the 80s of generic, brainless pop music and was like a whirlwind with tracks like 'Joe Rey,' 'Survival Car,' and 'Leave the Biker' which injected a cheeky grin into catchy, high tempo, pop-enough-to-not-alienate indie rock music. They showed their maturity though with tracks like 'She's Got a Problem,' and 'Sink to the Bottom.'

By comparison, their follow-up in 1999 - Utopia Parkway - was a record that resonated slightly less with me as a complete package, but that shouldn't detract from the fact that it is a solid sophomore release from the band. The band's trademark injection of humour was ever-present and almost more needling than it had been previously; tracks like 'Amity Gardens' and 'The Valley of Malls' are testament to this. But they also managed to again demonstrate that they aren't a joke outfit, especially with 'Troubled Times' which evokes the spirit of Jackson Browne's timeless 'These Days' (incidentally, a track they covered and released on their 2005 album of b-sides and covers, Out of State Plates).

Where Fountains of Wayne really came into their own, however, was their 2003 album Welcome Interstate Managers. Truly the record was a coming of age and, as unpopular as this opinion may be, the most popular track from the record is one of the weakest. Whilst 'Stacy's Mom' cemented their royalty checks for life, tracks like 'Mexican Wine,' 'Bright Future in Sales,' 'Hey Julie' and 'Bought for a Song' stand the test of time a little better. The track 'All Kinds of Time,' even had the distinction of being featured on a Superbowl half time commercial. The album's appeal is universal and demonstrates the sheer range that Fountains of Wayne had - even dipping into country and western sensibilities with the track 'Hung up on You,' whilst making a very clear nod to their roots with tracks like 'Yours and Mine,' and 'Fire Island.'

The group's follow up studio album, Traffic and Weather, released in 2007 and whilst it featured some excellent tracks, it was clear that something that changed within the group. It wasn't until years later that we learned Chris Collingwood's alcohol problems had meant that the vast majority of creative direction had fallen to Adam Schlesinger. That in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, but without Collingwood's humorous and tender input, the album was left with Schlesinger's more fundamental pop sensibilities that weren't, in isolation, enough for Fountains of Wayne fans.

By the time that Collingwood had cleaned up his act and the group got around to recording their final studio album in 2011 - Sky Full of Holes - the damage proved to be lasting with creative differences making for a strained recording. Whilst certain tracks stand up in isolation, they lack the cohesiveness that Welcome Interstate Managers stood so brilliantly as a proxy for the relationship between Collingwood and Schlesinger.

Perhaps one day Fountains of Wayne will regroup and I hope that they do, but recapturing that magic is something very few bands have managed to do over the years. Anyway, Mercedes are poo poo and frauds and should have all of their World Constructor's Championships revoked and awarded to the good, hard working lads at Maranello.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
F1 2019-2020 offseason: The thread making GBS threads thread.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

F1 2019-2020 offseason: The thread making GBS threads thread.

:thejoke:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the kentucky quid posted:

Not all of us can afford to air fry up some fresh chili

It’s more expensive to buy premade chili and creates more packaging waste

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

jfc how long is it till lewis is getting in there again

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Edit: walking it back. I don't think it's funny but that doesn't mean I have to be an rear end in a top hat.

PhoenixFlaccus fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 24, 2020

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skarsnik posted:

jfc how long is it till lewis is getting in there again

Lewis is always getting in there! :lewis:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Edit: walking it back. I don't think it's funny but that doesn't mean I have to be an rear end in a top hat.

You're welcome to be an rear end in a top hat to me, I don't mind :shrug:

The off-season threads are fun because basically nothing happens in the F1 world between Abu Dhabi and Melbourne so it's just a stream of nonsense interspersed with the odd important discussion about time pieces, cookware and computer stuff.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Theophany posted:

basically nothing happens in the F1 world between Abu Dhabi and Melbourne

In my experience this isn't true

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Undecided if I’m making rice in my $200 rice cooker tonight or if I’m grabbing a $3 spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy’s

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Do you guys think Lewis tips well?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

jazzyhattrick posted:

Lewis is always getting in there! :lewis:

Ok good :unsmith:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
he's getting in the bin for fraudulent brits for sure

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rebus posted:

well yes, I did buy you that avatar

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rebus posted:

Last season would suggest it's very true.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Big Huski Boi posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908888

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Always Be Getting In There

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Thank you for this av, it’s phenomenal

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

he's getting in the bin for fraudulent brits for sure

The only fraudulence around here is that perpertated by Pube Diarrhoea Failrrari and their spirit animal Sebastian "bin man" Vtetel.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Theophany posted:

You're welcome to be an rear end in a top hat to me, I don't mind :shrug:

The off-season threads are fun because basically nothing happens in the F1 world between Abu Dhabi and Melbourne so it's just a stream of nonsense interspersed with the odd important discussion about time pieces, cookware and computer stuff.

The best is the inexplicable twice yearly heavily technical discussions that happen about aero or something. Like 9000 shitposts, suddenly like 20 discussion flow shaping around slats in an endplate, then another 9000 shitposts.

Theophany posted:

Fountains of wayne

I might actually go listen to something of theirs that isn't Stacy's mom now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

Goddamn.