Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Ok, hopefully we can get over Rogan talk soon, but the most ridiculous part about the whole thing is that this was all over a loving bernie tweet of Joe Rogan saying "I like Sanders, he's cool as hell"

It's not like they're using him as a surrogate or selected him as VP. It shows the desperation of his opponents (he's gonna win)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

actually, i DO think there's quite a bit of cynical strategizing on rogan's part, but it's not about ratings. endorsing bernie gives him some supposed cred among the left, which in turn will make it easier when he eventually starts making GBS threads on him for his support of LGBT rights, civil rights, women's rights, and 'woke' stuff in general.

this thread has become a parody of Extremely Online Woke Liberals and I can't tell if you're serious or not

You think Joe Rogan has endorsed Bernie Sanders in an example of 4D chess to convince disaffected young left wing people to hate on LGBT rights, civil rights, women's rights and uhhhh "Woke Stuff"?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

The Thing I saw was him mocking the commercial for not actually being for any cause or group but rather just being a cynical way to get easy press without doing anything but making a bad commercial.

I don't think you've heard Rogan, dude. He's dumb as poo poo but he just doesn't do the things you're saying.

And even if he were (and he’s not), he’d have to be REALLY opposed to social justice with every fiber of his being to be using this as a long con to sucker punch Sanders on LGBTQ+/racial equality or whatever. I don’t care for Rogan, I don’t listen to much of his stuff, but even I can say there’s no indication that he’s driven at all in that ideological direction. He’s just...not that ideological, OR that smart.

And that’s not taking into account how often he has loudly backed left-wing material causes and opposed right-wing objectives.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I'm gonna rip my fuckin face off
https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1220883781034311680?s=19

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The Root sucks and has always sucked.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Isn't that the guy who did a promo piece for Buttigieg

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Liberals don't know what genuine appeal and enthusiasm looks like, and it terrifies them.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Mat Cauthon posted:

The Root sucks and has always sucked.

The only good GMG Properties are Jalopnik and Deadspin

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yeah, if this is the level they've sunk to then just fuckin lol.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i'm not saying rogan is evil, but i DO think he'll play to his base full of edgelords.

i hope i'm wrong, but i do see him going "man, i supported bernie but i never thought he'd be into IDENTITY POLITICS" in the near future.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

wow i can't believe bernie is a poopoohead peepeepants

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

i'm not saying rogan is evil, but i DO think he'll play to his base full of edgelords.

i hope i'm wrong, but i do see him going "man, i supported bernie but i never thought he'd be into IDENTITY POLITICS" in the near future.

No, Rogan's looking to expand his audience by catching Bernie's coattails and making himself seem like a tribune of left-wing populism. He wants to make more money. The best way to do that is to get more listeners.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Rogan owns now and there should be schools named for him sorry libs this is what is going to happen now. Bend that fuggin knee.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

not joseph stalin posted:

Do all of yourselves a favor and watch the full video on the page before. Agnew comes out at the 2 hour mark. poo poo goes off the rails at around 2:11:45

Edit: link to the whole video, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cBVBmSex5-U&feature=emb_title&time_continue=7295

Ok, that was pretty sick. I hope this guy makes it big. He had that whole room of white, presumably secular folk nearly going full gospel.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Joe Rogan’s net worth is $25 million. He has possibly the largest pod cast in the history of the world. He’s not struggling for listeners. He seems like a dude that mostly just says what he thinks even when it gets him in trouble.

Someone simply asked him who he was voting for and he said probably Bernie. Maybe it’s not any deeper than that.

And according to him he’s never voted for a Republican in his life so this idea that he’s like switching ideologies for personal gain is just super weird poo poo from people with weird rear end conspiracy brain.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

who cares, though. we got his endorsement. hes not a reliable ally or a surrogate or anyone of importance, hes a pawn. im not going to tune into his show and the media cycle will move on by monday and god-willing i won't have to hear about rogan again until elon musk goes back on his show and announces that the cybertruck will have a built-in fuckbot or something.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Rogan can’t think further ahead than his next bong chop. Please stop putting too much thought into this.

Also, real working class organizing involves working with people who don’t talk the way you do, or believe all the things you do. But you use your common interests to get things done that will improve both of your lives.

People who have done organizing get that. People who are online poli-jockeys don’t.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/KenMastersUSA/status/1220803865378902016
https://twitter.com/KenMastersUSA/status/1220810163814166528
Awesome.

e: son of a bitch, beaten a few pages back.

Still, it's worth re-highlighting, especially if we want to move on from Rogan-chat.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 25, 2020

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

uuuuhhh....who gives a poo poo?

what a weird thing to be concerned about.

*....and then on that evil night, the mighty warlock Ro-Gan cast his spell to the sky:

"man, i supported bernie but i never thought he'd be into IDENTITY POLITICS”

And lo—one by one across the land, each of the Bernie-voting Goons suddenly felt a chill go up their spine, though they could not say why. But each felt themselves become more intolerant.....*

gandlethorpe posted:

Ok, that was pretty sick. I hope this guy makes it big. He had that whole room of white, presumably secular folk nearly going full gospel.

Buddy, have you spent time with old white Democrats?

They are ALWAYS looking for an excuse to have a charismatic younger black person make them go full gospel.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Majorian posted:

https://twitter.com/KenMastersUSA/status/1220803865378902016
https://twitter.com/KenMastersUSA/status/1220810163814166528
Awesome.

e: son of a bitch, beaten a few pages back.

Still, it's worth re-highlighting, especially if we want to move on from Rogan-chat.

Yeah she apparently has more staff on payroll than any other campaign despite being something like fourth or so in fundraising, her campaign will implode in due time unless she breaks out in a huge way.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

there are a lot of different positions and arguments being made in this thread regarding the rogan thing, so i just want to clarify

- rogan supporting bernie is on balance, an absolute good thing
- my issue is that he is not going to be that much of a reliable surrogate (unofficial or otherwise) going forward, especially given that the endorsement was quite milquetoast to begin with
- again, rogan is not evil, but it is important to note who butters his bread, and his guest list over the years gives a good impression. there's a reason he's invited someone like jordan peterson 4 times (at least), and someone like say, cenk uygur only once

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 25, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If Warren doesn't win any of the early states then she's going to be polling in the single digits by the time Super Tuesday rolls around.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Not only that but paying that many staffers is going to diminish her war chest pretty quickly. Especially as she keeps sinking in the polls and people become less and less likely to donate what little money they have to a loser.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1220874159057702913

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah she apparently has more staff on payroll than any other campaign despite being something like fourth or so in fundraising, her campaign will implode in due time unless she breaks out in a huge way.

The Party’s gonna ratfuck the convention aren’t they.

They’re gonna find a way to give it to Biden or Warren and then they’re gonna say “it’s up to the BernieBros to join the party and defeat Donald Trump, ball’s in their court”.

-Then if Biden/Warren wins, well things are hunky dory! The Party keeps its values in tact, we beat Trump, we can talk about incremental change in a timely, sensible manner.

-If Trump wins, they can easily point to those dastardly selfish BernieBros, who couldn’t handle the loss of their dear leader a second time! Booo. Shame on them! And the Party still gets to keep its values in tact.

I just don’t see Pete or Warren dropping out anytime before the convention, and I’m sure the donor class is more than happy to keep throwing buckets of money their way to make that happen.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Colin Powell has really helped spread Islam throughout the world. Literally, by like blowing Muslims to bits.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

If anyone was wondering what a NYT Op-Ed writer is like, here's one in the wild. Yes, they are this stupid.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1220755733379153920?s=19

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Mahoning posted:

Colin Powell has really helped spread Islam throughout the world. Literally, by like blowing Muslims to bits.

War crimes are SO 2012

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Wicked Them Beats posted:

If anyone was wondering what a NYT Op-Ed writer is like, here's one in the wild. Yes, they are this stupid.

As a Muslim myself, Wajahat "Actually, likud is good now" Ali has no room to complain about bad endorsements.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
I hope we can all come together and agree that whatever issues Joe Rogan may have, this
has nothing to do with him and owns

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

no, you're not getting it: they are literally the same person

when "bernie" when on rogan's show that was just bernie/rogan interviewing himself - they played with the camera angles to make them look different, but it's the same guy

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Example 1000 of how, for American liberals, the lives of non-Americans is worth 0, not worthy even of consideration.

Also loving lol trying to turn the Rogan thing also into anti-Muslim bigotry. The Bernie campaign has the only Muslim campaign manager in the history of the US, while the Warren campaign today launched her Council of Interfaith Advisors that had 14 Christian pastors and 0 Muslims.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

joepinetree posted:

Example 1000 of how, for American liberals, the lives of non-Americans is worth 0, not worthy even of consideration.

Also loving lol trying to turn the Rogan thing also into anti-Muslim bigotry. The Bernie campaign has the only Muslim campaign manager in the history of the US, while the Warren campaign today launched her Council of Interfaith Advisors that had 14 Christian pastors and 0 Muslims.

And one white lady 'sensei'. Also the 14 christian pastors were all from the same denomination, weren't they?

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

no, you're not getting it: they are literally the same person

when "bernie" when on rogan's show that was just bernie/rogan interviewing himself - they played with the camera angles to make them look different, but it's the same guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xY_D8SMNtE

Here is the best part of the Bernie interview.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 25, 2020

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
That's impossible. We've seen Bernie talk to himself and he looked nothing like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5avtfMXeh40&t=13s

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Bernie's like that one MMA guy in China who found that kung fu had degenerated into a glorified dance and goes around kicking the asses of self-proclamed kung fu masters, which pisses off the government apparently.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

that people are crying over joe rogan while joy ann reid still has a job at msnbc is p :laffo:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Democratic Pres. Primary 2020: Joe Rogan enters the race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Condiv posted:

that people are crying over joe rogan while joy ann reid still has a job at msnbc is p :laffo:

Yeah, it's pretty remarkable that she can host an outright antisemitic segment with the most obvious snake oil saleswoman I've ever seen, and still have a job. But it goes to show, if you're telling rich people what they want to hear, you're set!:capitalism: