Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Sono posted:

Just put a condition in the new CBA that players are allowed to smoke an ounce of weed for every child rape the owner commits or conceals.

Several pounds of weed should get them through the season, right?

Is that a 'can' or a 'shall' because that could make some games really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my man Justin Jackson The Ball Carrier was profiled in the Guardian and interviewed in The Nation, lmao

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
oh my god lamar then kirk does not go as you'd expect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FQUrPhJDo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

R.D. Mangles posted:

my man Justin Jackson The Ball Carrier was profiled in the Guardian and interviewed in The Nation, lmao

I loving love him

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Only if you literally never watch them. Kirk has pinpoint accuracy if his line doesn't crumple immediately.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wait what? This owns. Why isn't the Pro Bowl just this?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

fsif posted:

I caught this at the bar last night and was thinking that three hours of competitions like this would be so much more fun to watch than the actual pro bowl

Dodgeball was fun to watch too

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

fsif posted:

they've reintroduced fun games before the pro bowl, it's great and much better than the pro bowl. it always ends in dodgeball. against all odds, nobody has been seriously injured in dodgeball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

they've reintroduced fun games before the pro bowl, it's great and much better than the pro bowl. it always ends in dodgeball. against all odds, nobody has been seriously injured in dodgeball.

The broken leg wasn't really the beginning of the end for Alex Smith, it was the shame of this:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

The broken leg wasn't really the beginning of the end for Alex Smith, it was the shame of this:

:mediocre:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Please keep reading the Bible Kirk

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Keith Atherton posted:

I caught this at the bar last night and was thinking that three hours of competitions like this would be so much more fun to watch than the actual pro bowl

Dodgeball was fun to watch too

Dodgeball is almost always fantastic

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

lol what?

Raping children? Covering it up? Or helping cover it up?

Sh please let him ponder in quiet dignity like the fraudulent coward that he (and most of his fellow parishioners) are

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
russell wilson is a nerd and a monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnBQ3DZ12JE

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

lamar trubisky

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

lmao he beats him on the first pass

imagine also getting clowned by jarvis landry after the browns dropped 40 on them this season. fraud mvp.

e: :lol: gets beat by adams as well

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 25, 2020

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I don’t even care about the skills showcase, I’m lmao at those goofy rear end bucket hats

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

They used to do tons of fun poo poo at the pro bowl until robert edwards blew his knee to pieces playing sand football

quote:

as one of the season’s outstanding rookies, the league invited him to partake in the so-called “Rookie Beach Bowl” alongside other top draft picks like the Indianapolis Colts’ Peyton Manning or the Oakland Raiders’ Charles Woodson. Woodson, in fact, was on the same team as Edwards.

Just like the Patriots’ back, he too jumped up to defend Charlie Batch’s pass intended for wide receiver R.W. McQuarters. Woodson and McQuarters got back up, Edwards did not. He landed awkwardly and did not feel any pain right away — the pain would come later. After he was carried off the field under applause and placed on a buffet table for initial evaluation. The pain started in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

Edwards had not only torn three ligaments in his left knee — the ACL, MCL and PCL — and partially tore his LCL tendon as well, he had also suffered major nerve damage. On top of all this, and most serious of all his injuries, he had sliced the artery in his left leg. That is when the then 24-year old was told that his leg might have to be amputated if the blood flow was not sufficiently stopped or the sutures in his artery did not hold.

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

FizFashizzle posted:

They used to do tons of fun poo poo at the pro bowl until robert edwards blew his knee to pieces playing sand football

:randstare:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
How the hell did he slice is artery? Jesus

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Didn’t Teddy Bridgewater slice an artery when his leg exploded?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
That was Zach Miller

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Better Than You posted:

How the hell did he slice is artery? Jesus

Bad genes/bad luck. Like an airliner crash.

You can be risk averse as you want to be. And contracts have clauses this is something you won't participate in. But hell, crazy injuries happen when just doing things on your own time. Not talking about crazy stuff like cliff diving or jumping out of an airplane. One can only mitigate it but can't totally prevent it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That blurb reminded me of noted steamboat captain and civil war folk hero R. W. McQuarters. Hall of Fame tier name.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Bad genes/bad luck. Like an airliner crash.

You can be risk averse as you want to be. And contracts have clauses this is something you won't participate in. But hell, crazy injuries happen when just doing things on your own time. Not talking about crazy stuff like cliff diving or jumping out of an airplane. One can only mitigate it but can't totally prevent it.

I've got a friend who tore his ACL playing ultimate frisbee. After months of surgery, rehab, etc he goes and plays again and tears his other ACL

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

TMZ.com has a report and a video on Brown leaving jail. The former NFL receiver bolted down the stairs outside the building and began running when he hit the parking lot.

Brown, though, ran the wrong way and had to circle back.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

HappyHippo posted:

I've got a friend who tore his ACL playing ultimate frisbee. After months of surgery, rehab, etc he goes and plays again and tears his other ACL

Yeah, right. You going to prevent a NFL player running around/playing with their kids in their backyard? poo poo happens.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Didn’t Teddy Bridgewater slice an artery when his leg exploded?

He dislocated his knee but didn't actually rupture his artery. (somehow)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

hifi posted:

TMZ.com has a report and a video on Brown leaving jail. The former NFL receiver bolted down the stairs outside the building and began running when he hit the parking lot.

Brown, though, ran the wrong way and had to circle back.

Antonio Clown

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think the Chiefs should do a solid and sign Ryan Fitzpatrick so he can get a ring, because he was a pretty big part in them getting to the Super Bowl!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mega64 posted:

I think the Chiefs should do a solid and sign Ryan Fitzpatrick so he can get a ring, because he was a pretty big part in them getting to the Super Bowl!

The Chiefs would have beaten any team in the AFC even if they had played on Wildcard Weekend.

The two teams in the SB are the best teams in each conference by a wide margin.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kawalimus never change baby

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Baltimore would have had a chance against the Chiefs at home.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Texans would be in the Super Bowl right now if their head coach wasn't an idiot and a coward

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Kawalimus never change baby

The Ravens were a middling team that was elevated by Lamar Jackson's great year. We are very weak and inconsistent up front on defense but it just didn't matter. I don't always give myself credit cause I know I just usually see things from the negative side so my broken clock is sometimes right. But I do think I was right when I noticed defensive lapses at a lot of points this season. Even the team did too when we signed Peko after that Cincinnati game where we blew them out. And during the Jets game they were really bad too. And other times. Our LBs and DL is very weak. And gets pushed around. And our secondary underperforms for the amount of talent back there. Humphries had a great start but his later-season play was error-laden. Thomas had a very average year. If we get stronger up front that should improve too.

Jackson had the issue he had in the Titans game with passing high and a little bit off target all year long. He's done it all year. It just didn't matter because we did what we did well enough and just blew them out anyway. But those things weren't working in the playoff loss so it did matter and also resulted in a pick. Like in the Buffalo game he threw a short pass high to snead that was tipped and picked. But in the season it didn't matter as much. The frustrating thing about this is that Joe Flacco did the exact god drat thing. He simply could not hit receivers in stride and they always had to make adjustments and it made YAC so hard. And now another Ravens QB does the exact same thing! But we can work around it.

It's those things that make me think that the Ravens would have lost soundly to either the 49ers or Chiefs. Even if those things had gone right against the Titans and we had gotten a TD that first drive instead of a pick and rolled over them. They would have exposed our weak defensive front and beaten us. If one of them didn't the other would. Like in the regular season game where the 49ers Mostert ran all over us even though they still lost in the rain. There is no way the Ravens were beating both the Chiefs and the 49ers consecutively. Zero chance.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kawilimus youre wrong

The ravens are a very good team that got owned by an elite team

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Baltimore would have had a chance against the Chiefs at home.

That's why part of me is relieved that we lost. Because there was a chance we would have won. And then we would have almost certainly lost the SB. Which would have #1 been against the 49ers which is a rematch which I didn't want anyway. And #2 blown our perfect SB record.

The only thing I regret about losing is not getting the chance to host the AFC Championship game. This was our top chance for that and we blew it. The Chiefs are going to rule the AFC for the foreseeable future and will be the #1 seed in most years. They probably would have been this year too without the Mahomes injury. So we might not get that chance again.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
How do you write 3 paragraphs and not point out that the Ravens receivers outside of the Hollywood catch were hot dookie in the playoff game

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

Kawilimus youre wrong

The ravens are a very good team that got owned by an elite team

The Ravens were mediocre and considered a .500 team before Lamar Jackson caught fire at the Seattle game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Spoeank posted:

How do you write 3 paragraphs and not point out that the Ravens receivers outside of the Hollywood catch were hot dookie in the playoff game

It was part their fault and part Lamar Jackson's fault for throwing behind and up high and too low on a lot of his passes. The Titans game was a clumsy effort up and down the roster and coaching staff. I don't know that there was a single part of the team I would say did a good job.