Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

The Dregs posted:

I'm not fixated. I just want to try it. Jeez. Also I meant "tank support with ranged autos". I already pay Taric a good bit.

I think the issue is more the “tank” bit. Swain isn’t a bad support now, but he’s very much not a tank, even if he has a bit more survivability than other mage supports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Dregs posted:

What do you guys think of Swain support? I have been wanting to try a ranged tank and I am just not good at landing Thresh hooks and flays.

ignore the haters, rinj plays swain support sometimes and we always do well in that lane. i think it is very strong and underrated right now.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

pog boyfriend posted:

ignore the haters, rinj plays swain support sometimes and we always do well in that lane. i think it is very strong and underrated right now.

Any tips? I have played him a couple times and he is super complicated, but I did well.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Swain support is my best supporter but he is not a tank my friend. Run electrocute, level e at 1 and if you get a e pull auto you chunk hard. You must max Q sadly, even though I liked maxing W it leaves you with too little sustained midgame damage. Just rush the mask item. And the upgrade(liandry?)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

uguu posted:

My 6 wardens lost to 6 berserkers and I feel that's not right.

I'm guessing your opponent had at least two desert here, or maybe stacked some of the magic damage seekers (Mundo, sion).

Six wardens like that will probably get you top 4 at least but I'd never expect first unless you threw in a stacked lightning lux or a stacked zed instead of Nami

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Just finished placements, not a single game was a fun or balanced experience. Just flipping a coin as to which team had the rage feeder

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

new morde is really fun to play, pressing R and dragging the poor ADC into the shadow realm is hilarious

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

The Dregs posted:

I'm telling you guys, you need to experience iron for yourselves.

I'll give it a shot. The way I play Lulu, I may be able to stay forever!

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
edit: not, the correct thread;

Monicro fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 26, 2020

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I think my favourite part of getting fed as illaoi is when you get a four level advantage on the enemy team and then they all stand next to you, get completely blown up because the counter play to Illaoi is do literally anything other than stand next to her, and then they go complain in chat that your champion is broken and unbeatable.

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.
Is it just me or do a lot of roles feel like they're at a very delicate balance? I.e. if I'm jungle/top and I'm ahead I almost always have like 2-3 levels on my opponent and the opposite if I'm behind. It feels a lot more exaggerated than in previous seasons

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
depends on champion. some champions just fall into a black hole if they fall behind whiel others have recovery as an option.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

very nice i like posted:

Is it just me or do a lot of roles feel like they're at a very delicate balance? I.e. if I'm jungle/top and I'm ahead I almost always have like 2-3 levels on my opponent and the opposite if I'm behind. It feels a lot more exaggerated than in previous seasons

They changed experience so that solo lanes level faster relative to everyone else. Even just getting forced into a bad back or two top lane basically means you can’t fight 1v1 anymore in a lot of situations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/DumbsYT/status/1221485625356038147

weeks late to the wukong blow up but lmao

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
went bot against taliyah nautilus, sweet lord in heaven what an awful lane

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

wukong blowup?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

looks like they’re reworking him??? but the only real changes are to his passive (temp shield for 10% of health) and his W, which is now a dash for some reason. that’s really annoying, W is easily my favorite skill on him and he’s forever been one of my favorites because of it. when i recently came back he was the first one i tried, but he’s awful in top as he always has been and his old jungle routine just doesn’t work anymore and he isn’t worth taking over someone like Kayn. bit sad they’re doing this but maybe it’ll be cool.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I still remember the last time I ever played Wukong, was right around when Kai'sa released, I was fed and dropped my full combo and ult on her and didn't even break her ult shield, decided it was time to shelf him for good.

Used him a lot in the jungle and occasionally top before then, he could delete people well for a point and click combo and it was always amusing to juke someone with the stop command.

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.

something about the wukong coronavirus i think

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

https://dotesports.com/league-of-legends/news/riot-lutzburg-not-a-single-person-at-riot-believes-wukongs-damage-is-too-low

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFERPp8iG78

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Coca Koala posted:

I think my favourite part of getting fed as illaoi is when you get a four level advantage on the enemy team and then they all stand next to you, get completely blown up because the counter play to Illaoi is do literally anything other than stand next to her, and then they go complain in chat that your champion is broken and unbeatable.

It astonishes me how often I have to remind people to not stand in the tentacle nest. Like, the tentacles can't hit you if you aren't near them so when she ults just, you know, leave.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

How Rude posted:

I'm guessing your opponent had at least two desert here, or maybe stacked some of the magic damage seekers (Mundo, sion).

Six wardens like that will probably get you top 4 at least but I'd never expect first unless you threw in a stacked lightning lux or a stacked zed instead of Nami

I had a look at his team and it was probably the last whisper, rageblade, ie olaf that did it, no desert guys.
Lightning is my favourite teamcomp, but it's reall hard to get going.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
edit: double post

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
how to deal with illaoi ult

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I did the "bind auto move to left mouse click" option so I can move and kite better, but now I can't figure out how to click on the mini map or shop without moving. What do I need to do?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Press shift

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Smol posted:

Press shift
Wellllll poo poo, thanks.

Takes some getting used to but I'm finding I can spam left mouse/right mouse when chasing someone on a melee champ a lot better now.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What are the odds of getting a 'Lucky Roll' and what exactly does it do with gemstones? Is it legit just a permanent 1.5x multiplier to gem drops? I got one in an orb and it gave me True Damage Ekko, Battle Boss Yasuo, and Odyssey Sona. Too bad I don't play or like any of these characters :shrug:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

cheese posted:

Wellllll poo poo, thanks.

Takes some getting used to but I'm finding I can spam left mouse/right mouse when chasing someone on a melee champ a lot better now.

is this a common setup? I kind of want to try it but it will take a shot load of getting used to

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

is this a common setup? I kind of want to try it but it will take a shot load of getting used to

I've been using it for a while now. There's definitely an adjustment period, but it's been a significant improvement in my ability to autospace properly on nearly every champ. Partly it's how my brain works - I find it easier to coordinate a single hand for moving and attacking, rather than alternating between both hands - and partly it's that it makes it easier to keep my left hand free to use skills/summoners exclusively. There's only two downsides: you can't really keep a single target selected (so that it displays their target information), which can be inconvenient if you're trying to time buff/debuff durations exactly, and the amount of movement your right hand needs to do can sometimes make it difficult to move your camera and alternate left/right clicks. Even still, I can't imagine myself going back to A-clicking. I've tried it again a couple of times since transitioning, and it simply doesn't feel as smooth for me.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Vermain posted:

I've been using it for a while now. There's definitely an adjustment period, but it's been a significant improvement in my ability to autospace properly on nearly every champ. Partly it's how my brain works - I find it easier to coordinate a single hand for moving and attacking, rather than alternating between both hands - and partly it's that it makes it easier to keep my left hand free to use skills/summoners exclusively. There's only two downsides: you can't really keep a single target selected (so that it displays their target information), which can be inconvenient if you're trying to time buff/debuff durations exactly, and the amount of movement your right hand needs to do can sometimes make it difficult to move your camera and alternate left/right clicks. Even still, I can't imagine myself going back to A-clicking. I've tried it again a couple of times since transitioning, and it simply doesn't feel as smooth for me.

Maybe since I'm brand new to MOBAs and don't have any habits or muscle memory yet, its been easy. I settled on spacebar to toggle locked camera, and the right mouse -> move / left mouse -> attack move has worked well. I'm playing mostly tanks/fighters/bruisers so I'm only really on unlocked camera during lane phase or during team fight posturing so I can see whats happening. Hit space when combat starts and yeah, the right/mouse hand for moving and attacking, left/keyboard hand for abilities is solid so far. I really wanted hold space to lock to work, but holding space just feels awkward.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It doesn’t matter, whatever works for you is what’s best. I can’t stand auto walk. There was a guy in LCS that used a roller mouse.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
i've used left click attack move for years and am so used to it that I couldn't even try dota because the idea of right clicking to both move and attack is just insanely hard to me now

you want me to just keep clicking with my loving middle finger the whole time???? what am I some sort of super robot??

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Has anyone figured out how to click shop items to show how far you are from buying them with a-move left click enabled? I feel like everything else works with shift+ whatever the normal buttons are but I can't figure that out for the life of me. I've just been typing '50g to item' in chat like it's 2017 (or whenever that wasn't a feature).

e: Very possible I'm just dumb and this is easy, which would be great.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
just alt click I think?

I rebound my middle mouse button to what used to be left click also so I can use that

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I rebinded my left click to what my right mouse button used to do in the actual game files themselves but it screwed up so much stuff that I changed back, but now I can’t ping anything on my HUD or map anymore. Pinging scoreboard works, though.

Things like trying to ping missing or on my way ended up moving my champion to that ping location because of holding down left click on the ping wheel and pinging items would move me to the cursor location on the screen. I intend a few times and so I changed it back.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

cheese posted:

I'm playing mostly tanks/fighters/bruisers so I'm only really on unlocked camera during lane phase or during team fight posturing so I can see whats happening.

People generally do either that or pure unlocked. There's advantages and disadvantages to both, so I've always taken it as a matter of preference. The one thing I wish they'd do is change it so that you could set a button to reset the offset on the locked-with-offset option, as it'd otherwise be my preferred camera style.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hey anyone remember when Galio accidently had a skill that could do over 100% of the targets max hp over the duration? Who wants to bet they somehow make wukongs new ulti do the same thing.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Ok. It's a legit bug. Couldn't find Sett, could not ban him, the enemy team picks him. Legit bug. Happened multiple times now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Vermain posted:

People generally do either that or pure unlocked. There's advantages and disadvantages to both, so I've always taken it as a matter of preference. The one thing I wish they'd do is change it so that you could set a button to reset the offset on the locked-with-offset option, as it'd otherwise be my preferred camera style.

i wish there was a way you could for instance like

hit a button to lock the camera in the relative position it is near you

so like if I'm purple side I can drag the camera down and to the left a bit and then lock it, I think that would be cool

or maybe it would be terrible in practice I dunno

I'm very bad with camera

edit: wait, apparently there's something called semi-locked that does this???? lol wtf I have played this game for 8 years I had no idea

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 28, 2020