Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Vincent posted:

You are aware what pedophilia is, right? Or did I misread your post?
I think they were trying to say that given Wolverine's true age, every human ever fails the 'half your age plus seven' rule for him.

E: Except maybe Queen Liz.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think they were trying to say that given Wolverine's true age, every human ever fails the 'half your age plus seven' rule for him.

E: Except maybe Queen Liz.

Ahhh ok.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Wolverine should bang Apocalypse and be the young partner for a change.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
There was that one time with Hercules.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Samuringa posted:

There was that one time with Hercules.

Alternate reality versions of him and Herc. I think the last anyone's heard of them, Herc wanted to go to the underworld to get Howlett back? Too bad Marvel doesn't seem interested on picking that plot thread back up. :(

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I don't have a way to post screenshots, but basically the whole new issue of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is perfect for this thread.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
New Year's Evil: This story opens on Black Adam invading some secret island near the north pole and kicking the poo poo out of some fantasy monsters and no one knows why, until...

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 22, 2023

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I like how Adam first has to beat Saint Nick in battle before making his request. Kind of like "I need to ask a favour but first I must defeat you in battle to show you I am better than you"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Christmas would be a lot better if you taught kids that in order to get presents they had to beat Santa Claus in physical combat.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Since when is Black Adam a good guy? Not that I'm minding

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Black Adam has always been the Saviour of Kahndaq.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Since the mid-2000s, BA's been not good per se, but incredibly gray. He overthrew the dictator of Kahndaq and installed himself in his place. But it's kind of like Latveria where everybody is kind of cool with their supervillain leader*. And unlike Dr. Doom, Adam never really tends to actively antagonize any heroes. He tends to stick to home and unless you come at him or gently caress with his country/people, he won't mess with you.

*at least when Latveria is being written as a nice place, I know different writers tend to write it like a miserable place to live.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 24, 2019

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They've just been slowly turning him into Namor and hoping that it's so gradual that no one notices.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It's super cool that Black Adam would beat up wizard to make a little girl happy but also I'm pretty sure Santa exists in the DCU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gnome de plume posted:

It's super cool that Black Adam would beat up wizard to make a little girl happy but also I'm pretty sure Santa exists in the DCU.

He is. I don't have the page handy so I offer this up instead

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Every year he gives Darkseid a lump of coal, no matter how many traps are in his way.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Gotta be an Elseworlds because in the main universe Batsy's head would be sailing over the Atlantic.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Lobo killed Santa Claus because the Easter Bunny was jealous. I thought this was cannon for the DCU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Elfface posted:

Every year he gives Darkseid a lump of coal, no matter how many traps are in his way.

The Anti-Gift equation

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Madkal posted:

Lobo killed Santa Claus because the Easter Bunny was jealous. I thought this was cannon for the DCU

Nothing involving Lobo is canon, other than A) He exists and B) used a Green Lantern ring to make a giant energy-dick.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Klaus and the Witch of Winter: Two kids have been abducted to lure Santa Claus into a trap. The eponymous witch of winter has already captured one of the children. (I'm clipping generously to cut out irrelevant action scenes and not hopefully not post too much. I think it all still works)

(Santa wins the fight here)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 25, 2019

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I'm all set to have one of the shittiest Xmas's ever (unemployed, most of my family dead, and to top it off one of my cats got out of the house somehow and I spent Xmas Eve in the cold calling for her to come home, to no avail). I can't sleep because I'm so upset, hence me posting in the wee hours of Xmas morning.

So that Black Adam comic has me in literal tears right now. Just this dude who's always been portrayed as a bad guy being all "gently caress you, St. Nick, you best deliver to all the kids, ya hear? ALL of them, even the ones in Kahndaq."

Teth-Adam, please find my kitty

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Really hope your cat comes home. And maybe afterwards there is some lightning in the background.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Has the cat returned?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Given the nature of cats, it is probably staying out to spite the OP.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The cat did return (reporting from another thread in order to ease the fears)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Sorry in advance for posting in thread where the last post is a month old, but I saw this comic by Mike Maihack (Cleopatra in Space) and wanted to share it. I thought about posting it in the fan art thread, but I think it works better here.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Cleopatra in Space? Does she eventually get killed by an asperoid?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Milotic posted:

Cleopatra in Space? Does she eventually get killed by an asperoid?

My wife is so mad at me right now.
Thank you for this terrible joke.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Bit of a long set-up but here: Superman Smashes the Klan #3 is a book primarily about... well, Superman smashing the KKK (or its stand-in, the Klan of the Fiery Cross) and helping a Chinese family adopt to life in Metroplis. But there's a B-plot about Superman himself. It's Golden Age Superman, which means he's only faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound instead of the usual powers we associate with him nowadays. But he's recently been recovering a lot of memories he'd buried as a kid like his parents revealing he's an alien or of suppressing powers like heat vision to fit in and be normal. Now he's bringing a girl home (via leaps, natch) after an adventure.

(after this he goes and finds a kryponian artifact he'd thrown in a lake as a kid and that's since grown into a Fortress of Solitude and has a emotional meeting with his birth parents for the first time. There's a lot of sweet scenes in the book throughout but this is the best part I could think of that's both told in consecutive pages and doesn't last too many pages to be posted here. Everyone should buy this story though, it's really good even if you don't like Superman very much)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 21, 2020

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
You all are doing a fine job of convincing me to pick up this book.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They really didn't need to do that good a job, and I'm so glad they did.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
It's a little thing but did you catch the cameo of the flying graysons

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

If you squint at the marquee sign for the Smallville Lutheran Church, the scripture for the week is Leviticus 19:34. The theology nerd in me had to look it up, and it's:

NIV posted:

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

or

KJV posted:

But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Nice bit of detail, there!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
God that series had such a huge heart, I loved it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

JacquelineDempsey posted:

If you squint at the marquee sign for the Smallville Lutheran Church, the scripture for the week is Leviticus 19:34. The theology nerd in me had to look it up, and it's:

heh, nice find

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Hey, change this name or don't post in BSS. If you don't want to spend money on it you won't need to, but I don't want to see this name around.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 26, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Didn't know whether to put this in here or the badass thread so I figured since this thread hasn't been posted in in a while I'd go here. King Thor #4: In the last battle to save the universe, Thor had to kill an infection possessing the entire universe (it's more complicated than that but I'm trying to be brief). Long story short, while the universe is safe, it's also dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The best. Thank you for posting :allears:

Kinda hoping we get to see this kind of Thor eventually in the MCU.