Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Well, I liquidated my characters and tried cobbling multiple things together based on various PoE.ninja saviour builds and instantly got vaporized in T10 maps so I think I’m going to take this as my sign to be proud of my 36 and retire for the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

unless next league has a really cool new melee skill no way I'm league starting as a melee build again, lvling my Witch towards Vortex Occultist was so much smoother than expected

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So my atlas shows that I have defeated the Hunter and the Warlord. Does that mean that I will not encounter either of them again until I defeat the other two warlords and Sirius?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

For flicker there is a 10% frenzy charge on hit chest affix that obsoletes the unique boots

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

The Locator posted:

So my atlas shows that I have defeated the Hunter and the Warlord. Does that mean that I will not encounter either of them again until I defeat the other two warlords and Sirius?

Correct

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Locator posted:

If you don't have 5 sets of watchstones yet, you won't need to fight sirus.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:shepface:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

You can do it, as long as you don't need notifications about math jokes!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

don't.... die

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

he playin necromancer how can he die

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Hubris.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
We also decided "bullshit" was a valid reason as well.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I finally got around to buying my first Timeless Jewel, a Supreme Ego jewel I'm loving around with for a new build. I then immediately bought five more to keep rolling the dice to see what kind of dumb stuff they do to my tree. This may be a new avenue for altitis for me, since I'm trying to find a solid Supreme Ego jewel for around the Marauder/Templar area and there's some silly combos just in the few jewels I have. Found one with +160% minion damage and +80% melee phys damage right near Spiritual Aid, which may even work for my current dude since he's Dom Blow.

Anyway, does anyone know how Supreme Ego and Mortal Conviction work together? I figure they combine to give me one free non-duration aura with +50% more effectiveness, and neither should exclude stuff like Banners or Heralds as far as I can tell, unless equipping the Banner counts as a non-duration aura. If Banners still work I may go Champ for 100% hit chance and Inspirational to free up the Banner health reserve. The gimmick for this dude will be double Ichimonji with Fort and Onslaught implicits (bought very cheap already), a big fuckoff damage aura, and maybe a Herald if it works with the other reservation stuff. Not decided on the attack skill yet, but I may do one of the many elemental attack skills I've never used. I wonder what all attacks skills give useful buffs, like Smite but not an Aura since that fucks with Supreme Ego.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I rollers my first alt into maps for a very long time.

Its weird to share an Atlas. I have to pace my leveling maps. Also, I'm playing as a non-summoner and it's weird to have to care about boss mechanics. :v:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Anyway, does anyone know how Supreme Ego and Mortal Conviction work together? I figure they combine to give me one free non-duration aura with +50% more effectiveness, and neither should exclude stuff like Banners or Heralds as far as I can tell, unless equipping the Banner counts as a non-duration aura. If Banners still work I may go Champ for 100% hit chance and Inspirational to free up the Banner health reserve. The gimmick for this dude will be double Ichimonji with Fort and Onslaught implicits (bought very cheap already), a big fuckoff damage aura, and maybe a Herald if it works with the other reservation stuff. Not decided on the attack skill yet, but I may do one of the many elemental attack skills I've never used. I wonder what all attacks skills give useful buffs, like Smite but not an Aura since that fucks with Supreme Ego.

I think your reasoning is correct. Having the banner on you won't doesn't magically erase the Duration tag from the Banner skills (plus if you couldn't wear it then it'd be impossible to place, making the skill useless).

As far as attacks that give a buff, it's slim pickings according to this list.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
This whole time I've been trying to make super-fast clearing autobomber things, juggling potions and Phase Run etc. to keep my movement speed up. Then today I saw a video where Raider has stupidly fast Whirling Blades with a Wild Strike that nukes the whole map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf6go-4chHQ

Is that pretty much the fastest map traversal possible? Some goons were telling me that I should do Berseeker instead and/or Hand of Wisdom and Action. I'd be thrilled if I could get anywhere near as fast as that video for a reasonable budget.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Gladiator with shield charge can be super quick with the Challenger charges

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Lol, I did a carcass map it had like two aoe mods scaled by awakened and the lightning ball attack literally took up the whole arena.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Need thread advice because i don't know what I'm doing

Did i just accidentally jackpot a flicker chest? I awakened the two charge suffixes, hit the fire res and the poo poo reflect prefix on the roll. Had two open prefixes and thought you know what gently caress it i'll slam and see what happens. Hit the conc ground. My understanding is the conc ground affix works with flicker, so I effectively have permanent consecrated ground under me.

Am I right? Is this stupidly good? Crush my hopes please.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That's...actually pretty good???

Huh.

I mean the thorns is a shame but whatever.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I don't know squat about flicker builds but that looks pretty cool. I think flickering is considered stationary so the consecrated ground should work. Main thing to look out for is any performance/FPS issues caused from the consecrated ground.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

My flicker chest has enemies explode instead of conc but I imagine that would work well too.
edit: oh, you have power charges too. not bad.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

So i've been messing with it a bit and it seems solid. The consecrated ground despawns as soon as you "move", so there isn't any graphical issues from conc ground everywhere. The extra 10% frenzy chance has basically solved sustain issues, and I'm perma capped on power charges. The life regen is surprisingly helpful to help soak things that pass through Evasion and Dodge, but I'm still a 4.2k life evasion/dodge build.

I still have problems going into fights "cold", though. Generating the frenzy charges to get started on a boss can be challenging.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Wilekat posted:

I still have problems going into fights "cold", though. Generating the frenzy charges to get started on a boss can be challenging.

Is it worth whacking the boss a couple of times with Frenzy (the skill) to get started?

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah, it's the reliable method of doing it. I've been trying to mess with ways that don't involve not flickering (which is one of the many reasons people like Farrul's), but yeah it's easy enough to just bean some guy with Frenzy.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
So I'm moving through the maps a bit, although I'm starting to slow down in tier 11-12 maps a bit. I'm not sure what should be my next focus for upgrading. I have around 3 exalted and 200 chaos sitting in storage, can someone point me on what I should be replacing next?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CRIPEATINBREAD/characters

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
For bosses with their own arena/phases you can always use the tried and true Cheat Boots.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Wilekat posted:

Yeah, it's the reliable method of doing it. I've been trying to mess with ways that don't involve not flickering (which is one of the many reasons people like Farrul's), but yeah it's easy enough to just bean some guy with Frenzy.

I think on my one flicker character I was using ice bite support to generate frenzy charges while cycloning, which was a horrible idea, but quite fun to do.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vasudus posted:

For bosses with their own arena/phases you can always use the tried and true Cheat Boots.

Oh yeah good point. If the boss has an arena do that, if it doesn't you're already at max frenzies from getting there

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Woot! I have finally beaten act 10 and unlocked the Map Device! This game really has an exhausting amount of content, I have been playing this game for weeks but I now only feel like I have completed the tutorial :v: I hope they put the stash tabs on sale again soon, I plan on buying a bunch of them. GGG has sold me on this game, I really appreciate their business model. Especially considering they will carry over in the new PoE 2 acts.

I have reached level 74, and I did not have much difficulty beating the 10 acts with the build I cobbled together. I would hopefully like to take it as far as I can go for the rest of this league, I assume as far as high-tier content goes its pretty much infinite with these maps and Delve and the other things. I wonder if anyone could give me any pointers to use my respec points for a better character? Or items that I should shoot for? I still have most of my respec points. I didn't know about "The Baron" helmet when I started this game so I wasn't able to make a strength based build. This might limit my potential, but I donno, there is still a lot I have to learn about all the other skills in the game.

https://pastebin.com/dnZ0rjxX

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

There's a stash tab sale weekend more or less every three weeks.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah don't worry about not maxing out your builds yet. There's still a ton of content you can access just by starting to map.

I hate summoners so I'll let others give you actual advice on your character

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Qwertycoatl posted:

There's a stash tab sale weekend more or less every three weeks.

Make sure you buy a premium tab first, without that you don't have an easy way to sell stuff. It's probably the most "pay to win" tab along with Maps tab, followed by Currency. Not having the first two is a real poo poo show though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

dyzzy posted:

I hate summoners so I'll let others give you actual advice on your character

I'm an others. Or something.

Few issues I notice right off the bat:

1. Your life from the tree is low. You want to aim for 150% minimum, probably closer to 200% since you don't have much in the way of recovery (life gain on hit, leech, regen).
2. You've got zombies and skeletons and Holy Relic and Carrion Golem and Spectres and Raging Spirits and...yeah, that's too much. A solid setup would be Zombies, Skeletons and either Carrion Golem or Spectres. Use Zombies to take care of trash, Skeletons for tough stuff (pro-tip: get Vaal Summon Skeletons, gives you a "gently caress You!" button for bosses), Carrion or Spectre to buff up the other minions.
3. You don't have Feeding Frenzy linked to any of them. Get on that, watch them act like meth'd out murder machines.
4. You haven't completed Merciless Lab yet. For your last two points, you'll probably want to go Mistress of Sacrifice then Unnatural Strength in Uber Lab. While US will make your pets murder that much faster, MoS will keep you alive by letting you cast Spirit Offering on yourself for extra ES while giving your minions >20% more damage.
5. While your stuff probably kills fast, you're probably very very slow. You have no movement skills whatsoever and not even 20% movement speed. For skill, get a setup of Shield Charge (keep at level 1), Fortify (same) and Faster Attacks (level up as much as possible). This lets you move around faster, and when you hit something gives you Fortify, which gives you 20% damage reduction to hits.
6. Combining 4 and 5, there is a mod you can craft onto a weapon "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill". Put that onto a 1H weapon, socket in Convocation, Spirit Offering and <curse>. Convocation will keep your pets with you, Spirit Offering I went over, and then a curse for debuffing enemies. Options include Vulnerability (your minions hit harder), Enfeeble (enemies don't hit as hard), Temporal Chains (enemies move slower).
7. Replace the jewels you have with some Ghastly Jewels with a "Minions have % chance to taunt on hit" and "Minions have % chance to blind on hit" (like these). With how many minions you have, pretty much guarantees that anything that lives long enough to maybe become a problem will be blinded (reduces accuracy by roughly half) and taunted (draws aggro away from you).
8. Flask setup could use some work. Ideally you'll want an an Eternal Life Flask with Staunching and either instant recovery or instant recovery on low life, then 4 utility flasks for removing debuffs or going faster. Quicksilver of Adrenaline is good. Consider Basalt (phys damage reduction), Granite (increased armor) or Quartz (Phasing + 10% chance to dodge spells and attacks) flasks with mods to remove chill/freeze, curses, poison and burning (in that order of importance).
9. You don't have any auras. You're (hopefully) not going to be spending much time casting spells, so put that mana to good use. One that will greatly bump up your pets' DPS is Hatred linked with Generosity. Generosity increases the effect of the aura at the expense of if not affecting you, which doesn't matter since you're not the one dealing damage. Other options would be Discipline or Haste (consider getting Vaal options for both).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 26, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zero VGS posted:

Make sure you buy a premium tab first, without that you don't have an easy way to sell stuff. It's probably the most "pay to win" tab along with Maps tab, followed by Currency. Not having the first two is a real poo poo show though.

I'm honestly thinking about getting a big pile of premium tabs. The trading in economy in PoE seems really interesting to me. Though its kind of odd that they have an API to list items for sale, but haven't taken the step to allow the trade to be automatic. Why do I have to manually trade with people in-game? That must be a deliberate design decision. It would be much easier if they had a system like EVE online contracts so I can list an item and anyone can just buy it if they have the currency, I shouldn't need to be online.

But I kind of find it interesting. The way it looks to me you can make money easily by just trading between bulk currencies and providing other market services. It would be a very interesting market in the first few day of a league.

whypick1 posted:

Few issues I notice right off the bat:

1. Your life from the tree is low. You want to aim for 150% minimum, probably closer to 200% since you don't have much in the way of recovery (life gain on hit, leech, regen).
2. You've got zombies and skeletons and Holy Relic and Carrion Golem and Spectres and Raging Spirits and...yeah, that's too much. A solid setup would be Zombies, Skeletons and either Carrion Golem or Spectres. Use Zombies to take care of trash, Skeletons for tough stuff (pro-tip: get Vaal Summon Skeletons, gives you a "gently caress You!" button for bosses), Carrion or Spectre to buff up the other minions.
3. You don't have Feeding Frenzy linked to any of them. Get on that, watch them act like meth'd out murder machines.
4. You haven't completed Merciless Lab yet. For your last two points, you'll probably want to go Mistress of Sacrifice then Unnatural Strength in Uber Lab. While US will make your pets murder that much faster, MoS will keep you alive by letting you cast Spirit Offering on yourself for extra ES while giving your minions >20% more damage.
5. While your stuff probably kills fast, you're probably very very slow. You have no movement skills whatsoever and not even 20% movement speed. For skill, get a setup of Shield Charge (keep at level 1), Fortify (same) and Faster Attacks (level up as much as possible). This lets you move around faster, and when you hit something gives you Fortify, which gives you 20% damage reduction to hits.
6. Combining 4 and 5, there is a mod you can craft onto a weapon "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill". Put that onto a 1H weapon, socket in Convocation, Spirit Offering and <curse>. Convocation will keep your pets with you, Spirit Offering I went over, and then a curse for debuffing enemies. Options include Vulnerability (your minions hit harder), Enfeeble (enemies don't hit as hard), Temporal Chains (enemies move slower).
7. Replace the jewels you have with some Ghastly Jewels with a "Minions have % chance to taunt on hit" and "Minions have % chance to blind on hit" (like these). With how many minions you have, pretty much guarantees that anything that lives long enough to maybe become a problem will be blinded (reduces accuracy by roughly half) and taunted (draws aggro away from you).
8. Flask setup could use some work. Ideally you'll want an an Eternal Life Flask with Staunching and either instant recovery or instant recovery on low life, then 4 utility flasks for removing debuffs or going faster. Quicksilver of Adrenaline is good. Consider Basalt (phys damage reduction), Granite (increased armor) or Quartz (Phasing + 10% chance to dodge spells and attacks) flasks with mods to remove chill/freeze, curses, poison and burning (in that order of importance).
9. You don't have any auras. You're (hopefully) not going to be spending much time casting spells, so put that mana to good use. One that will greatly bump up your pets' DPS is Hatred linked with Generosity. Generosity increases the effect of the aura at the expense of if not affecting you, which doesn't matter since you're not the one dealing damage. Other options would be Discipline or Haste (consider getting Vaal options for both).

Awesome thanks! This is exactly the kind of advice I'm looking for. Number 5 feels like a very :doh: moment. I knew there were teleporting skills but I never got around to looking into them. I have basically been abusing an enchanted flask I crafted in Act 4 to give myself +65% move speed. But when the flask runs out it's painful!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 26, 2020

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Rutibex posted:

I'm honestly thinking about getting a big pile of premium tabs. The trading in economy in PoE seems really interesting to me. Though its kind of odd that they have an API to list items for sale, but haven't taken the step to allow the trade to be automatic. Why do I have to manually trade with people in-game? That must be a deliberate design decision.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Well I decided to try going stronk and I did it:

Went Cold DoT spells. Damage is definitely not amazing but it's good enough. I should be somewhere around 1 million combined Vortex + Cold Snap DoT, which I think it not horrible compared to what most Vortex + Cold Snap Occultists get. Sirus takes forever but isn't really a fight since I can't actually die unless I actively try to stand in things. I'll probably show it off later.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Rutibex posted:

I'm honestly thinking about getting a big pile of premium tabs. The trading in economy in PoE seems really interesting to me. Though its kind of odd that they have an API to list items for sale, but haven't taken the step to allow the trade to be automatic. Why do I have to manually trade with people in-game? That must be a deliberate design decision. It would be much easier if they had a system like EVE online contracts so I can list an item and anyone can just buy it if they have the currency, I shouldn't need to be online.

But I kind of find it interesting. The way it looks to me you can make money easily by just trading between bulk currencies and providing other market services. It would be a very interesting market in the first few day of a league.

The old excuse was that they wanted player interaction, but with the external tools you basically just copy paste some stuff anyway. The actual reason why they don't allow any more convenient trade methods is that it would lower the opportunity cost of selling stuff, which would quickly devalue stuff that's already cheap, since the availability of those items on the market would rise.
As an example: After a week into a league I generally won't do trades under 10c, because it's time i could be spending in maps and trading is a hassle. If I could just chuck all items I find into a cheap tab and then never bother with it again I would do it, since right now it's just currency I'm throwing away.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I died at 10%

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUAnrX7gqw&t=24s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
RIP, also what kinda summoner are you again? Post your PoB?